GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Drought before the storm? Could this be a possible pre-cursor to

user posted imageF E R T I L I T Y ?!

We can only hope wink.gif

I thought the fertility BSA should increase the chance to get an egg, NOT to be only way to get an egg... sad.gif

I hate to be a negative nancy, but how can we be excited about "Fertility" when we need to to get the rates we had before?

Commons are breeding just fine, it is only us mass metal breeders being effected smile.gif

Commons are breeding just fine, it is only us mass metal breeders being effected smile.gif

Not really, from the many posts it seems commons are not as affected as the metals and the stripes, but still not breeding like before.

Not really, from the many posts it seems commons are not as affected as the metals and the stripes, but still not breeding like before.

46 eggs of 66 breedings with 6 refusals for commons, about 70%???

I don't think this has something to do with the purple BSA. Why should the ratios sink if it isn't even implemented yet?

Ok, I think I'm being misunderstood here; I did say Drought before the storm

See the word precursor? Meaning: "an introduction of the approach of something or someone" ->

Suggesting the current low breeding results might indicate that "After the drought" we would have "the storm" as in Fertility being implemented - all said tongue-in-cheek... tongue.gif

and Karobb, what are you basing your figures on. Not everyone has answered the poll, there are many prior posts about commons not producing as well as normal/before

(not to mention the daily discussions in the IRC where folks are talking about how their seasonals/whiptails/skywings/pinks/terrae's etc are not producing eggs)

I've been picking up eggs from the cave and AP, so I've been mostly scroll-locked; but yesterday I bred a red x nebula for a single red egg, which is on my scroll.

I don't mind too much, as the combination of improved cave drops and using Firefox and disabling ads on the site has given me the opportunity to pick up something other than green and shield eggs for the first time ever; I've picked up nearly a dozen new, fairly uncommon to rare varieties since switching. But I would like to be able to breed these new guys and build up my numbers of breeds I like. So, yeah.

I've managed to breed a pink AND a red in the past week. Two pinks, actually.

/note sure what to vote.

I just breed a little while ago 3 pillows, a geode and a swallowtail. I sent the pillows to the AP and kept the other two.

Out of like 15 nebula's I only got two eggs, one was a nebula, the other a sun.

But I did breed for a Spring and Ember Egg easily.

It seems random to me, either way. xd.png

Working on an even gen lineage, my magi and water dragons all bred pretty well even if they didn't give me the shallow water eggs I needed for the lineage. Two white couples both gave me eggs and my swallowtail/waverunner pairs all gave me eggs (if not the egg I needed). Other commons I have bred over the past week have mostly given me eggs. I've had a few 'no eggs' or 'no interest' on those but not more than usual for the pairs I was breeding. The blacks and stripes I tried over the past week were consistent with everyone else's experience.

I really think the rush on people trying to get black stripes has affected that greatly. I don't know about the others but those two at least make sense as to why the breeding numbers are so low on them.

See the word precursor? Meaning: "an introduction of the approach of something or someone" ->

Suggesting the current low breeding results might indicate that "After the drought" we would have "the storm" as in Fertility being implemented - all said tongue-in-cheek... tongue.gif

and Karobb, what are you basing your figures on. Not everyone has answered the poll, there are many prior posts about commons not producing as well as normal/before

(not to mention the daily discussions in the IRC where folks are talking about how their seasonals/whiptails/skywings/pinks/terrae's etc are not producing eggs)

In which case, wouldn't we experience a huge backlog the likes of which we've never seen before?

Everyone with a purple would be using it to breed metallics. If the ratios did go back to normal in addition to Fertility being implemented, the backlog...would be a bit horrifying.

Today I bred (and FFA'ed) two pinks, a geode and a shallow water. All nicely short lineages.

But all my stripes are on strike! mad.gif Not a single egg sad.gif

I hate to be a negative nancy, but how can we be excited about "Fertility" when we need to to get the rates we had before?

+1.

Haven't gotten ANYTHING from my 9 stripes not silvers nor golds nor trios.

Don't know what, but something's up. :(

My figures are from breeding i did right after your post saying commons were not breeding!

I thought the fertility BSA should increase the chance to get an egg, NOT to be only way to get an egg... sad.gif

That was my thought too. xd.png Although so far, I've had no problems breeding commons.

Remember how, when the two new types of dragon were first released, they were almost the only eggs in the cave? It was noted at the time that this did not have to be set directly by TJ, but came about automatically as a result of the ratios - since the new types should have been present, according to the ratios, in the same proportions as each other common breed, but, of course, they weren't at the start since no one had them yet.

In that case, it makes sense that when a new type of dragon comes out, nothing else would breed very much. My guess would be that there is a time delay built into the mechanism, so that breeding isn't affected by a new release until the new release dragons have had a chance to grow to be adults which actually can breed.

Remember how, when the two new types of dragon were first released, they were almost the only eggs in the cave? It was noted at the time that this did not have to be set directly by TJ, but came about automatically as a result of the ratios - since the new types should have been present, according to the ratios, in the same proportions as each other common breed, but, of course, they weren't at the start since no one had them yet.

In that case, it makes sense that when a new type of dragon comes out, nothing else would breed very much. My guess would be that there is a time delay built into the mechanism, so that breeding isn't affected by a new release until the new release dragons have had a chance to grow to be adults which actually can breed.

This happened when the Canopy, Limestone, and (???) dragons were released. They plagued the cave for over a month if I remember correctly, around a year ago in March.

To my knowledge TJ has put into place something that will gradually increase ratios so that this never happens again, so if that is the case the only time you should see the cave have nothing but new dragons is the first day or so of their release.

What happened with the Canopy/Limestone *I think the other dragon released then was the electric? Correct me if I'm wrong...

It really was one of the worst times I've ever been on DC. I hated it, start to finish.

-Raves- I am having no luck on breeding...

Everything says no Egg or no Interest... Some of these dragons used to produce every week. This is driving me insane...

Luckily I haven't really been able to get on much lately so I haven't had to deal with the terrible breeding rates lately. But I have got cave hunting a couple of times and surprisingly I've been seeing a lot of CB Pinks, which is odd. Not sure about Stripes, Blacks, or Metallics though.

Maybe TJ adjusted the ratios so there is less breeding success for the most commonly bred dragons so they show up in the cave more and the AP isn't so clogged all the time.

Although I think a better solution would be to release Biomes already but that's just me.

Although I think a better solution would be to release Biomes already but that's just me.

Agreed... sleep.gif

Edited by Kaoto_Susanao235

It seems to affect mostly Blacks (seriously), Metallics (also quite seriously), Stripes and perhaps Trios - see Tridymites graphs on previous pages. Common egg breeding seems to be more or less unaffected, although I have suffered from and heard about an unusual number of people suffering from blank refusals when trying new pairings - but that might just be random, I don't have significant statistics on that.

Today's number at Silvi's Lair just emphasize that something's off: Blacks are still out of top 15, Golds and Silvers are down at 10 and 19, respectively. Notice that this means both Blacks and Metallics are down by more than 80 % since 5 days ago! blink.gif

If this are indeed the ratios, there's something very weird with the system. The only way the ratios can come soo much off are if they are only checking and correcting themselves very rarely, like once a month or so. I don't know if TJ has ever or will shed more light on exactly how the system is set up.

Edited by alci

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Alci: Well I could edit myself but I am just too lazy wink.gif

I think i may change the stripe colour next time tho...