GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just bred 3 silvers these couple of days, and all 3 gave "No eggs produced"

My striped dragons do not want to cooperate. As I tried to breed them several times I got no eggs. That's a little bit annoying...

I bred many of my metallics yesterday evening and this morning, about 60 pairs. All I got was "no interest" or "no egg". The only egg I got out of all these pairings was a single pink one. I have to say that I breed most of my metallics with blacks or stripes and didn't get a single black or stripe egg out of these pairings. After that I tried about 20 pairs of purebred stripes - no eggs again. I tried about 10 black pairs - no eggs.

My trios gave me eggs, they are paired mostly with whites and I got a thunder out of a thunder/ daydream pair, so it is definitely not a general problem with breeding rares, just with a few breeds and I have the problem since yesterday - after the unexpected downtime.

on the 7th I bred 3 black stripes, so now I have 4 total, just 2 more to go but gotta wait to breed again as I only have 4 marrows. I will be trying my metallics in a few min. so here's hoping

Edit to add: they will auto abandon to AP if any

adding gold attempt: 7 8 no eggs 1 refusal

adding silver attempts: 6 no eggs 1 no interest

Edited by Merenwen

Well, we griped about the clogged AP, and I guess the only way for the AP to get cleared up is for breeding to be NOT so successful, huh? Damned if you do and damned if you don't I guess.

There is a difference between lowering the success rate of breeding certain breeds, and putting it to a complete standstill, which is what is happening now. I have yet to see a metallic bred in the past 36 hours.

There is a difference between lowering the success rate of breeding certain breeds, and putting it to a complete standstill, which is what is happening now. I have yet to see a metallic bred in the past 36 hours.

But there is no way of knowing that people not on forum haven't bred loads. TJ said somewhere that there were several hundred gold eggs around just now.

I think it depends on who you ask. I talked to a few people who have bred several metallics recently. I personally didn't get many, but did get 1 2nd gen gold, which is a lot more than I usually get (none!)

Edited by LadyLyzar

LadyLyzar, in the past 36 hours?

I *usually* get at least 1 metal per day since I have 160+ metals, now I dont even get blacks or stripes.

Also, TJ said that when they had *just* stopped breeding. I am sure the numbers are radically lower now.

EDIT: looked at the golds on LadyLyzar

's scroll, and the gold was bred before the metals stopped breeding. I bred a gold around that time, too. I am talking about the past 36 hours or so, only.

Edited by Saartje

If the AP is any example - last week I would see several Metallics and a few Trio eggs go through - but over the weekend have only seen one Gold, a Thunder and a couple of Magmas. So the numbers there are definitely down. I guess.

Tried breeding for personal proyects. Bred all my stripes (which are not that many, but around 9 couples) and got one refusal (new pair), and no eggs/interest. Also tried breeding my rosebuds with my whites (just to check if they were compatible, as it is a new pairing), and got no eggs from both. Then I gave it a try at some of my other dragons, again, no egg.

All I was able to breed was a nebula I'm keeping, and manages to snag a spring off the cave, and an orcher (while hunting for horses sleep.gif) that's got me locked for six hours...

Just out of curiosity, are Tinsels evaluated "Metal" too?

No. smile.gif They are just pretty and decorative and you can only ever have two.

Which is a pity as I would love an army of those.

Uh... I think that you can have as many tinsels as you'd like.

I just saw someone recently with two adults and two eggs on their scroll that had been there for a while.

Uh... I think that you can have as many tinsels as you'd like.

I just saw someone recently with two adults and two eggs on their scroll that had been there for a while.

No - they are holidays. Limit of two.

Here's the limit page.

Edited by fuzzbucket

yeah. holiday dragons can breed any kinds sometime get eggs from regular dragon not holiday until holiday time then will breed that.

I tried breed with my trio and metallic but refused now no eggs as well but I hope for my gold and trio will breed soon see happen. oh boy. tongue.gif no luck since week. smile.gif

can't breed for beans since like yesterday sometime, now the AP is empty but even commons are being recalcitrant x.x got maybe 3 eggs from around 30 mixed pairings (metalxcommon) now, true, I got no metals, blacks, or stripes, but I was also getting no egg and no interest on like, spitfires, whiptails, dorsals, pebbles, and stuff like that >.< I wish the cave'd stop spazzing so badly.

Tinsel is official name of prize dragon

Holidays are Ribbon dancers, they had a nick tinsel at beginning though dry.gif

OK - when the ribbons first came out everyone was calling them tinsels, is all smile.gif I'd no idea the name had been officially assigned !

I just bred a silver without problem, perhaps the ratios are evening out.

~Edit to add, also just bred a split and Red egg. (Both auto abandoned)~

Edited by _Z_

I just tried breeding all of my stripes and trios and got nothing save for a water, spring, and limestone. That's very unusual for me since I normally get at least 6-8 eggs from them.

Edited by sheppardkid

I've had terrible breeding, too. I've bred most of my MetallicxCommon pairs with little to no luck. The only eggs I produced were Wyvern, Red, and White.

People have been mass-breeding stripes and nebulas like nuts, and people always mass-breed blacks and metals, so the ratios just need to breathe for a bit.

For those curious, Silvi's Lair put an egg counter in some time ago. It only counts what it on that fan site so it may be a very unequal picture. But if you look, nebulas, blacks and stripes account for a large percentage of eggs. Especially Nebulas.

/screenshot

user posted image