GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People have been mass-breeding stripes and nebulas like nuts, and people always mass-breed blacks and metals, so the ratios just need to breathe for a bit.

For those curious, Silvi's Lair put an egg counter in some time ago. It only counts what it on that fan site so it may be a very unequal picture. But if you look, nebulas, blacks and stripes account for a large percentage of eggs. Especially Nebulas.

/screenshot

user posted image

Note: Blacks were cresting over 1000 on Silvi's just a few days ago, so they're definitely less common on Silvi's right now.

(Of course, this may have nothing to do with their rarity on DC itself, but it's an interesting data point.)

The metals were around 200 yesterday or 2 days ago. I wish I would have taken a screenshot.

I just bred many silvers, stripe and reds and only got one red egg. Didn't expect much from the metals or stripes but since I just caught two CB reds out of the cave I expected my reds to breed better. It does seem that something is up with the ratios.

I certainly won't complain about the cave finally being unblocked for more than just the hourly drops. It's a nice change.

Although the breeding ratios on rares being worse than usual is bad news for me if it's true, since my CB prize dragon breeding was going so terribly even before. Six common offspring/one no interest so far, whereas the other breeding prize dragons I've seen all have at least one, sometimes two prize offspring, and the offspring successfully breed more prize dragons, etc... It's getting frustrating, and makes me wonder if I'm just very unlucky or if mine's somehow glitched. At least I can rule out the latter if I ever do get a prize offspring. laugh.gif

I seem to be having luck with other metallics though... Imagine my surprise when the very first time I bred a regular silver I have, I got a silver egg! This was several days ago though. Made me really happy after all my Tinsel breeding fail.

I certainly won't complain about the cave finally being unblocked for more than just the hourly drops. It's a nice change.

Although the breeding ratios on rares being worse than usual is bad news for me if it's true, since my CB prize dragon breeding was going so terribly even before. Six common offspring/one no interest so far, whereas the other breeding prize dragons I've seen all have at least one, sometimes two prize offspring, and the offspring successfully breed more prize dragons, etc... It's getting frustrating, and makes me wonder if I'm just very unlucky or if mine's somehow glitched. At least I can rule out the latter if I ever do get a prize offspring. laugh.gif

I seem to be having luck with other metallics though... Imagine my surprise when the very first time I bred a regular silver I have, I got a silver egg! This was several days ago though. Made me really happy after all my Tinsel breeding fail.

Sometimes a lot depends on the mate. One of my lineage stripes, Opalescent Tragedy, gave me no interest for 4 months. I went through 4 CB stripe females before I finally got a compatible mate for him and I've got 9 offspring for him now. But I was despairing of never seeing any. I love his name smile.gif Some dragons are pickier than others for sure.

Commons that don't have alt forms or BSAs probably have a ways to go to catch up right now.

Edited by Vhale

Just one thing ...

Several people in the IRC DC chat tried breeding.

Blacks, Stripes, Metals/Silver/gold/tinsel, pinks

I for my part tried ALL my stripes, over 3/4 of my blacks, ALL golds, ALL silvers and several PINK+RED pairings.

No GOLD

No SILVER

No BLACK

No STRIPE

no RED+PINK

AND several tries to breed nebulas failed too.

No one can tell me that this is normal.

I rather think the breeding has kind of stopped for those breeds, to even out the ratios

I looked at Silvi´s lair today, too. To check the numbers of Black and Striped eggs

Where it had been on april 11

Blacks => 773

W.Stripe =>233

Gold =>147

Silver =>171

Tinsel

Gold =>1

Silver =>6

Bronze =>14

Today, April 12th

Blacks =>702

W.Stripe =>213

Gold =>140

Silver => 162

Tinsel

Gold=>2

Silver=>3

Bronze=> 14

I´ll watch the numbers and give you an update tomorrow.

But no one can tell me that NOTHING at all changed <.<

Or that just some scrolls are affected

Thanks Hellen, that would be very useful to follow at least some of the stats smile.gif

and seems the pillows are still breeding, and here and there a pink or red too.

* So maybe now's the time to breed stock of Red's - apparently breeding very well as are whites wink.gif

Edited by GForce

I tried all my metals and stripes, mostly with commons or blacks....not a single egg(not even a common from the stripes), trios included. I bred my commons with each other (except my nebulas), they produced several eggs... the one nebula pair I tried for my personal lineage produced an egg....

Guess it wouldn't the best idea to try a prize with a stripe, would it?

edith says: prize + stripe = no egg -.-

Edited by Sorayiel

I've bred for my personal lineage projects since the 7th and didn't notice anything terribly different than my normal ratios.

I only bred about 5 or 6 I think (Didn't have my breeding record on me to track) and got 3 eggs out of it. Daydream, Bluna and Silver.

I've had far worse weeks before, and I've had better weeks. I haven't personally seen a change.

I am noticing most of the comments refer to getting a No Interest or No Egg Produced.

My daughter just tried all her stripes trying for a red stripe....and almost

every pair gave Refuse To Go Near Each Other, except one No Egg. None

had the No Interest she said. So it is our understanding that when they

Refuse to go near each other that they will never breed together that pair

and she is devastated as she was getting them to join some lineages.

She asks why bother trying if that is the way stripes are going to be?

I am noticing most of the comments refer to getting a No Interest or No Egg Produced.

My daughter just tried all her stripes trying for a red stripe....and almost

every pair gave Refuse To Go Near Each Other, except one No Egg. None

had the No Interest she said. So it is our understanding that when they

Refuse to go near each other that they will never breed together that pair

and she is devastated as she was getting them to join some lineages.

She asks why bother trying if that is the way stripes are going to be?

That's correct - but also incredibly bad luck. I tried all my stripes the other day too, and only got two refusals.

I just bred more than 50 Gold dragons (mostly with Blacks, some with Stripes) and I didn't get any eggs. This has never happened before.

I still fail of gold, silver and color stripes and trios to make egg but no eggs and refused each other today. tongue.gif hope try next time to match. smile.gif

Just one thing ...

Several people in the IRC DC chat tried breeding.

Blacks, Stripes, Metals/Silver/gold/tinsel, pinks

I for my part tried ALL my stripes, over 3/4 of my blacks, ALL golds, ALL silvers and several PINK+RED pairings.

No GOLD

No SILVER

No BLACK

No STRIPE

no RED+PINK

AND several tries to breed nebulas failed too.

No one can tell me that this is normal.

I rather think the breeding has kind of stopped for those breeds, to even out the ratios

I looked at Silvi´s lair today, too. To check the numbers of Black and Striped eggs

Where it had been on april 11

Blacks => 773

W.Stripe =>233

Gold =>147

Silver =>171

Tinsel

Gold =>1

Silver =>6

Bronze =>14

Today, April 12th

Blacks =>702

W.Stripe =>213

Gold =>140

Silver => 162

Tinsel

Gold=>2

Silver=>3

Bronze=> 14

I´ll watch the numbers and give you an update tomorrow.

But no one can tell me that NOTHING at all changed <.<

Or that just some scrolls are affected

To Expand on this post from Hellen...

A few weeks ago the sitting alts appeared briefly, then alts all but dissapeared. I was watching Silvi to watch for alt trends and for the last 2 weeks there averaged 1000-1100 blacks. Monday morning I read this thread and went straight to Silvi's, there were 850 or so blacks and it's been steadily dropping since then. (oh and nebulas seemed to have remained constant in my observation they have been hovering around 1000, and still are)

My breedings as most everyone else's have been flops... tried 20+ pairs of metals and commons (blacks and other things) a several stripes, nothing. I did get 3 swallowtails from my swallow tail pairs and a nebula... that's it.

There's no question in my mind something has changed. Well of course some people would say... "I just bred a silver (black, whatever)" But to have dozens of people report dozens of no egg/interest breeding when for the last few months they got a few to several eggs out of those same pairs each week, something is different.

I would suppose the ratios are correcting, there's no way the cave should sustain people breeding 5 times as many blacks as other commons (just using the ratios at silvi as an example 1000+ blacks vs. 200+ of other commons). What really has me wondering is why the "Feast or Famine"? It's like a switch was flipped...

Edited by seranata

I think it's just the ratios balancing out. In the previous several weeks, my silvers were breeding very well. Also tons of people have been breeding blacks and stripes for black stripes. Tons of nebulas have been bred and grabbed for the alt sprites.

I think we just managed to completely throw the ratios off before they could adjust to the increase in breeding and so they're now in famine mode until they adjust.

I think it's just the ratios balancing out. In the previous several weeks, my silvers were breeding very well. Also tons of people have been breeding blacks and stripes for black stripes. Tons of nebulas have been bred and grabbed for the alt sprites.

I think we just managed to completely throw the ratios off before they could adjust to the increase in breeding and so they're now in famine mode until they adjust.

Its definitely in famine mode today. I just bred my army of stripes and every single one said "the dragons breed, but no egg is produced."

Well its ok, I only want one more black stripe. I'll eventually get it. same with my bootiful nebulas

Was breeding my stripes because I still don't have the blue one. Pity, they were breeding so well, which is rare, they are usually very picky.

On a sided note, bred my ThunderxAmber, got no egg.

Even if TJ didn't manually do something to bring this about, I *personally* like this. Since EQ counts as kills now, there's less clearing going on. The price? Harder to breed, since not as much is being killed but the same pairs are still breeding. Fewer eggs=fewer abandoned eggs=fix the no mass EQing problem.

Granted, I'm biased due to my breeding habits. xd.png

I am more concerned by the number of refusals, eventually you will get an egg if they are just"not interested". But refusals are permanent. many have reported established pairs refusing as well.

We've been through stripe and metallic famines before rolleyes.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

I have one pair that was not interested for 3 months, refused at the end of March, but then was back to not interested this past weekend. I'm concerned that when the function that removes refusals from the breeding pages is implemented, this pair will disappear.

ETA: I'm mainly trying to breed stripes for my scroll goals, but I haven't been able to breed any for a long time. I've never been able to breed many metallics, either. *shrug*

Edited by Moranna

I've gotten a lot of refusals - actually was working on an evengen lineage, and one of the intended mates refused, so I bred another from the same parents, and that one refused too. It's got me a little worried that if one refuses, its sibling will likely refuse the same mate, too.

Other than that though, haven't noticed any more or less difficulty getting eggs from mates that do like each other than usual.

I have gotten a few "not interested" or, "no egg produced" - but no refusals from established pairs. Breeding seems to go in cycles for me - some weeks I have a ton of success, other weeks, I have none. I don't see anything really happening differently now.

Also, this morning I bred another egg for the Rosebud Step Lineage Project, after 3 - 4 weeks of no eggs from that pair.

Usually I get a few common eggs, but so far, nup... nothing. On the other hand, no outright refusals, so everything seems normal and I second LadyA.

Breeding nothing is fine with me; I'm content to snag CB caveblockers. The more CBs I have, the more lineage fun! ;D Even if it's a trade-off to have a clearer AP, I don't really mind; I can /finally/ get at the cave for the first time in weeks.