GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Did you get specific "Refusals" or "No Egg produced" ?

100%, with only a single pair being the exception, no eggs. Out of those breeding the rest were no eggs.

I don't have an exact number of breedings that I did, but I know I have 15+ metalics alone, that I attempted to breed, 5 striped pairs, 2 or 3 green pairs, and I can't remeber what else.

Tried breeding quite a few of my dragons today.

It seems like my rate of refusals just skyrocketed or something, because a pair I'd been trying to get an egg from for a few weeks now just now refused, and so did a few others.

Extremely annoying fersher.

My blacks/stripes still aren't breeding tiddly squat, and now my pinks and reds are also joining in the protest.

I finally got one red egg after trying about half a dozen (red) pairs. Pinks didn't give me anything.

It's just annoying.

>_<

Of all my stripes I usually get at least one egg from the dozen or so pairs. Yesterday I got none.

My four metallics usually will spit out the common they are bred with but nothing.

Everything else I don't breed unless request or part of a lineage.

My only successful breedings in the last week was two glory eggs and one ember egg. >.<

I got one ice egg, a white egg, some skywings, and a couple water eggs from my ice in the last couple days. I got a red, a pink, a purple, and some other commons/uncommons that aren't seen often in the AP.

I haven't gotten any metals, blacks, or stripes.

STATS

Successes:

[Apr 10th] Ember x Ember = Egg

[Apr 12th] Thunder x Red = Egg

[Apr 12th] STail x STail = Egg

[Apr 13th] Mint x Mint = Egg*

[Apr 13th] Pink x Pink = Egg

[Apr 13th] Pink x Pink = Egg

Other:

[Apr 12th] Pink x Red = No Egg*

[Apr 12th] Ice x Red = No Egg

[Apr 12th] Ice x Black = No Interest

[Apr 13th] Red x Red = No Interest**

[Apr 14th] Silver x Pink = No Egg

*My faithfuls, always bred on command and pretty eggs given with no difficulty.

**Crotchety fickle pairings that have been having no interest for awhile. >..>

How's that?

Edited by Sinsdaemn

I bred some random pairs of commons not on the list (2nd gens from: Swallowtail, Sunsong, Ochredrake, Day Glory, Orange, Guardian, Electric, Coastal Waverunner, BBW, Albino). All gave me one egg each.

Maybe the ratios for certain breeds were out of wack and things are adjusting.

April 9 - Stripes: 1 no interest; 1 egg

April 10 - Stripes: 3 no egg; 1 no interest

............. Silver: 1 no interest

............. Common: 4 no egg; 4 eggs; 1 refuse

April 12 - Stripes: 17 no egg; 1 no interest; 1 egg

............. Gold: 1 no egg

............. Common: 2 no interest

April 13 - Gold: 10 no egg; 1 common

............. Silver: 11 no egg; 2 no interest; 1 refuse

............. Stripe: 1 no egg

............. Geodes: 3 no egg, 1 Geode (all 4 pairs are usually very good breeders)

............. Common: 1 no egg; 1 refuse; 1 egg

Totals - 70 breedings: 51 no egg; 8 no interest; 3 refusals; 8 eggs (2 stripes, 6 commons)

All stripe pairs are pure stripes; metals are breeding with commons, Trios are on cooldown. I only breed commons on request or for specific lineage needs, so haven't tried them much recently.

ETA: I did see a CB Silver flit by in the Cave today while hunting (unsuccessfully) for a Magma.... and 2 Golds!

Edited by JaneMcAsh

I guess it's to look at Slivi's and breed accordingly. Right now, I am focus on getting more nebulae, getting some more Vampires (I notice in my biting spree, they are producing pretty good.), and getting some pretty lineage blunas & geodes.

I am disappointed the stripes are not breeding as well as before, as it's my favourite breed to collect with a few lineage goals.

PS, JaneMcAsh, I saw the CB silver too, and click on it too, but was too slow. I've been kicking myself for the whole day. =(

Mmmz this is really crazy, i bred 29 metallics and got 1 black egg from them. Other times i got at least some of the commons.

23 times i got the no egg produced message, 5 times not really interested sad.gif

Some stat's from Silvi's

April 11

------------

Blacks => 773

W.Stripe =>233

Gold =>147

Silver =>171

Tinsel

Gold =>1

Silver =>6

Bronze =>14

April 14:

-------------

Blacks=> 470

w.Stripe=> they seem to be out the top 15 breeds but have to be below 184

Gold=> 99

Silver=> 106

Tinsel

Gold=> 1

Silver=> 6

Bronze=> 13

Edited by Miryana

My breeding attempts have been even less successful than usual lately; personal lineage goals can't be met when tried & true common pairs aren't producing anything at all.

I've bred all my dragons at some point within the last two weeks, I think.

They weren't more or less successful on average than usual, I'd say. But I think that I saw the "no egg produced" message more often than before, instead of the "not interested" one.

I had no surprising refusals from former breeding pairs or any other strange stuff.

Last week I even bred Trio eggs and a Metallic egg successfully - so it all seems pretty normal to me.

There were so many blacks and stripes bred to get black stripes that I'm really not surprised those breeds have decline in numbers - maybe it's a good thing, CB blacks and stripes could REALLY use a resurgence. And with fertility coming for the breedings that are important, I don't mind a dip in breeding rates if it means a clearer AP and more chance at good CBs.

That was disabled a long time ago except for holidays...

Why? Is it possible to link me a topic that this was discussed in it please.

Just bred 20+ dragons - metallics, blacks, stripes, trios, nebulas, even pillows. Got only one thunder egg blink.gif

Probably, the earthquake change *shook* things up a bit too. /dodges tomatoes

But, the blacks etc that were being abandoned and killed now are being raised and count towards the ratios. So, the people mass-producing them will either have to wait for the ratios to re-balance or help re-balance it themselves.

UPDATE!

Silvi´s lair counted today

Blacks => 461

W.Stripes => under 100

Gold => 96

Silver => 104

That´s quite a difference to the last time I checked.

And really dissapointing, since I have quite a few things I wanted to breed with black and stripes but, nuuuuh ... ratios have to even out! -.- *mutters*

SkyHigh out ... and growling at scroll ...

Ugh, now that's really troublesome. I just bred all my 30 Golds with Blacks and I got NOTHING.

Troublesome, really sleep.gif

I bred all my metallics and get nothing, but that is no surprise. Somehow I managed to breed a thunder and this egg was all I could get out of breeding.

But I am really worried about not being able to breed Flamingos suckessfully blink.gif .

And the metallics and Trios ohmy.gif

blink.gifunsure.gif

I KNOW THIS IS JUST A SMALL PART OF THE EGGS HERE... BUT I THINK THE RATIOs WILL NOT CHANGE WITH ALL EGSS INCLUDED

user posted image

Edited by tridymite

Why? Is it possible to link me a topic that this was discussed in it please.

I don't know that it WAS discussed, but I do know that it happened before I joined - January 2010. Because someone explained it to me when I was puzzled about something else. I THINK it was something to do with what happened with Hollies, but I'm not sure.

Ok, this is crazy.

Bred my new Ice with a Fellfire, got "nada".

Bred all my BBW for my personal proyect. Again, no egg or no interest.

Bred my new Nebula pair, nothing.

I'm going to try breeding other dragons, I'll keep you informed.

This is worrisome and highly unfortunate. It'll delay all my proyects a bunch.