Saartje

Lineage Advice

Or Storms if you want the other breed to "dance" with these Seasonals.

Thank you guys for your help. I thought about using Xenos. Would this work? I don't know how their breeding works, I only know that they sometimes give other Xeno eggs.

Clipboard33.jpg

Would take heck of a lot of patience to get random miscolors, but it's possible :) 

With Xenos, you would probably get mostly Chronos from Spring, Summer and Autumn, and Astrapis from Winter.

Spring, Summer and Winter Seasonals from "Cave" or "Market" may actually give a higher chance at the Xeno you want.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

@Ruby Eyes I have a spring, fall and winter from Cave

------

I'll do it :D

The other way looks nice too.

Unbenannt.jpg

Edited by Nandeenah
didn't see Ruby Eyes' reply

I really want to breed a mate for this guy, but I have no idea how or what. (Don't look at me for it gendering wrong, I got it from a trade as a gendered hatchie) I can't even properly mirror it, since CB red Stripeds don't actually exist.

My best guess was mirroring it with breeds that look smiliar/are similar colours/fill the tiles similiarly. I'll put what I managed to come up with below, but if anyone has a better idea, please do tell me. I really want to breed this guy one way or another.

Spoiler

With completely different breeds

327449683_Kpernykp2018-07-2116-40-35.png.637b0b3df5cdd1da894526ddf2b23437.png

With partially different breeds

1115143793_Kpernykp2018-07-2116-41-11.png.22bcaca3af6cecdb3d980afda235270b.png322564094_Kpernykp2018-07-2116-57-11.png.0ddb7187b3b03a83aad241deaf0f62ba.png

Edited by Crowned_Ladybug
This forum software thing is so buggy

Something with Lunars in the place of Stripeds? Like bronze for red, blue for black, and silver for white? And maybe female dark Luminae instead of the Blacks?

(that requires some good timing for breeding though, as all those Lu*'s are time-dependent.)

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Something with Lunars in the place of Stripeds? Like bronze for red, blue for black, and silver for white? And maybe female dark Luminae instead of the Blacks?

(that requires some good timing for breeding though, as all those Lu*'s are time-dependent.)

...I always forget about Lunars and their colourful stuff (I just scroll down the Wiki when looking for sprites by colour and it only shows one variant), and I guess I disregarded Dark Luminae too quickly after the first try, becuase they do look more interesting than what my initial impression was. (At least they aren't Gemshards with their RNG colouring! :D Thank GoN we have threads with people keeping track of time-based breeding.)

Did new mockups, one with Dark Luminae as Blacks and another with Falconiforms, because the Lunars bring a blue tint to the whole thing, and to me it feels like nice contrast.

866294137_Kpernykp2018-07-2119-46-36.png.5642e139b689a70fefd4e7b2fa107391.png133885440_Kpernykp2018-07-2119-47-48.png.65d92ebfd28ce8c7216d7eb54ffaab96.png

In other words I now have even more versions I can't decide between (though I think I am leaning towards the Lunar/Falconiform solution. I gotta sleep on it)

Thank you for the help!

Here's another idea for your lineage. You could breed a 2G Striped Red and then kill the parent dragons, which would leave you with tombstones I believe. The mirror wouldn't be exactly symmetrical, and you would have to kill two dragons, but all the breeds would be where they should be I believe. I'm basing this off of this dragon here.

Here's what the lineage should look like (forgot to shrink the dragon images):

Spoiler

example.png.4284070b68c442e2f47c38796ce879ce.png

Just providing another option for you 😏

So I finally started my lineage, but I envisioned it as a group project. The bad part is that it doesn't seem like many, or rather any people are interested in joining. I actually put a lot of effort and time in this lineage and is kind of hurts that nobody will join, its been over two weeks since I posted and aside for a few views, I've got no one joining just yet.

So I wanted to ask here is someone could take a look at my lineage and tell me if there is something that I could improve to attract people to it? As I said, I put a lot of effort and time into it and wouldn't hate to see it dying before taking off. So any critiques you might have on it are welcome. Feel free to pm me about it or posting on the lineage thread if you prefer. I have a banner on my sig that links to the thread. I appreciate any help you could give me, thanks.

@Kaiserf11 so, I attempted to look over your lineage, and at first I was impressed by the number of posts and it's proffesionalism. And then I actually started reading about it and wanted to stop after the first paragraph, and actually stopped by the time you statted laying down rules. I have no idea what your lineage is supposed to be about or why I would want to participate. Is it about using breeding to try to claim titles? Because if so, you have to communicate that clearly in the first paragraph, telling people the fundamental mechanics they're going to be playing with in your first paragraph. People don't need a synopsis about ASOIAF because they're either familiar with it or don't care.

Well yeah, I guess you're right. I just wanted to add that to have kind of a backstory for it, but I suppose you are right about it, I'll erase that part. About the main goal, well its more about every member being the breeder od a House, and by trading with the other members, breed a dragon with all the Houses they like in its lineage.

The idea of the titles, is more to give a diversity, first I wanted to have like a point system in which one Kingdom would be the rulers of the rest. I've seen a few lineages using a point system and it seems interesting to me, but I didn't add it in the edd because I thought it could get confusing if not done properly, plus I would need a lot of people participating in the lineage for it to work and so far, well, its only me.

10 hours ago, Kaiserf11 said:

I'll erase that part

Just move it further down, to the FAQ post, for example.

Most importantly, state what lineage you want to accomplish. That's the common thing in the DC forum, obviously, so that is where all your readers start from.

@Jack_Indivisible @Ruby Eyes  I have changed that, moved to the FAQ as Ruby suggested and detailed a bit more the goal of the lineage. Anything else you feel could be changed to make it more appealing or easy to understand?

@Kaiserf11, I have a little bit of feedback. I tried to create my own lineage project thread a while ago and picked up a few things in the process. Please don't take this as harsh, because I'm just trying to help.

Pros:

• The graphics and tone are lovely and, like Jack_Indivisble said, come across as very professional
  • You've clearly put a lot of time and thought into fleshing out the project
  • The backstory is a nice touch. It gives the project depth

Cons:

• Overall, there's too much information. To me, seeing so many detailed rules and long paragraphs of information gave me a strict impression
  • Information isn't organized in a way that makes finding it simple
  • There are unecessary details that obscure important things. With so much filler information, I couldn't find a distinct lineage purpose or explanation of why joining would be fun

But I have a few ideas for making things better:

• Try to condense information as much as possible. Long paragraphs will leave readers bored and uninformed, whereas a few brief sentences will explain everything while keeping readers interested
  • Re-organize your posts by importance. For example, is "Milestones" really more important than "Forms?" "News" should also be towards the top
  • I would recommend moving the table of contents to the top of the first post
  • Bullet points and dropdown spoilers (the eye symbol in the toolbar) are your friend. Certain things, like the maps, could probably be hidden in spoilers, which shortens the length of a post. And tbe first post could be simplified easily with a few bullet points
  • Is it possible to get rid of a few of your posts? 10 is a lot for a person to read through. Most lineage projects have half as many. I'm a Secret Santa mod and a raffle host, so I know it's not easy to keep things short and sweet, but it really makes an impact

And finally, it hasn't even been a month yet. Your project is by no means doomed. Give it time and keep your head up. Even if it doesn't work out, that doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad idea; group projects are just unpredictable :)

~~~~~~~~

My question: I have a 2G Bronze Tinsel x Bronze Shimmer that I really want to breed, but I can't think of a mate that would look nice. I don't know anyone who can breed 2G PB Prizes either. Any ideas?

@The Dragoness  Thanks for your suggestions. And I do appreciate both you and Jack_Indivisble saying my grapphisc look very professional, thanks for that as well.

I have made most of the changes you mentioned. The only change I didn't do was changing the position of the Table of Content since that one I do think is better at the bottom of the first post, it isn't too long of a post to miss it anyway so I consider it be ok where it is.

I tried to trim down the bulk of the guidelines since you are right, they seemed just too much. I reduced as best as I could, leaving what I think is most important, but if you (or anyone else) think they can be trimmed down even more, I welcome suggestions, as you said, I put a lot of efort in this project and really want it to take flight so I welcome any suggestions.

I re organized the posts as you suggested, raising the News to just under the Forms post and making Milestones and FAQ a single post. That way I also got rid of a couple posts so it should not look as crowded as it was before, I hope.

All in all I appreciate your help and if you think it can still be improved, I'm all ears, thanks.

7 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

My question: I have a 2G Bronze Tinsel x Bronze Shimmer that I really want to breed, but I can't think of a mate that would look nice. I don't know anyone who can breed 2G PB Prizes either. Any ideas?

Since a perfect mate will probably be very hard to find, just something with similar bronze/brownish colors? Brown Copper x Cassare, Gold Floret x Leodon, Seragamma x Harvest...

If you want to include at least one "special" CB, you could use an enraged Aegis or a Caligene, or a dark Sweetling (if you can get a 2nd gen from one).

Generally I think we have some good options for replacing Bronze Tinsels in mirror/checker lineages (Leodon, female Harvest, Cassare, male Golden Wyvern, ...), but I'm not sure about Bronze Shimmers. Melismor possibly? (I would not use Lunar Heralds since there is too much blue in their wings.)

18 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

There is at least one more player who seems to have both western and eastern bronze Prize (check the dragon with the name "Ambrosian Esoteros") but I'm not sure if they have an account on the forums.

If I bred my new egg to the hypothetical female Goldfish dragon (the 3G without a name), would the offspring be hard to find mates for?

In case the picture doesn't show up, the egg's a silver shimmer, shimmer line runs along top.  Hypothetical mate is goldfish, with goldfish/orange line along the bottom.  The middle is full of blunas, blue (water) dragons, and some skywings.

I've been going on the thought that blue dragons are a common element in all of this except the top and bottom lines.  I can't figure out how this could be extended downward (assuming a male shimmer line is preserved) after the contrasting orange line, though.

lineage-thoughts-shimEG.png

You could try either copying or mirroring the lineage, using verdigris Copper in place of the Shimmer. The male Copper is a better match for the Shimmer pose, so probably copying would give the best result. Mirrored lineages tend to look better than duplicated ones when you have a high contrast like the orange, but female Coppers don't give as esthetically pleasing a match as the males.

I have general question: What do you guys suggest for keeping track of lineages? Excel sheets? Google docs? Techniques/tricks you guys use?

I finally seriously started working on my first lineage and I just figured if I dumped them all into one group it would be okay except now I'm having a hard time keep track of my different gens & parents/offspring and having to make sure I don't accidentally inbreed (I know some people put the gen in their dragon's names but I'd rather not do that).

Just any advice would be great.

It's gotten to the point where I dread doing anything more because I have a bunch of dragons to wade through.

11 minutes ago, Mochi said:

I have general question: What do you guys suggest for keeping track of lineages? Excel sheets? Google docs? Techniques/tricks you guys use?

I finally seriously started working on my first lineage and I just figured if I dumped them all into one group it would be okay except now I'm having a hard time keep track of my different gens & parents/offspring and having to make sure I don't accidentally inbreed (I know some people put the gen in their dragon's names but I'd rather not do that).

Just any advice would be great.

It's gotten to the point where I dread doing anything more because I have a bunch of dragons to wade through.

I dump them in a group, then I custom sort them by pairs, CB->whatever gen.  I also (try to) name them in pairs, either masculine/feminine versions of the same name or names that start with the same letter.  Sometimes I incorporate the parents' names in the offspring.  I'm way too lazy for spreadsheets.

@prpldrgnfr I named them after their parents but...they're all similarly named so it doesn't really help me (it seemed like a good idea at the time but now...) XD 

I do happen to like their names though and don't want to change them. 

I didn't even bother putting the CB parents in the group and I'm not sure if that would help the chaos or create more.

Big mood but also I think I'm starting to get desperate enough for spreadsheets
I thought about screenshotting lineages and then putting them together on a doc so I have visuals but I'm not really sure if that would actually help because I would still be looking back and forth trying to make sure I don't inbreed.

Thank you for your response! :D 

2 hours ago, Mochi said:

@prpldrgnfr I named them after their parents but...they're all similarly named so it doesn't really help me (it seemed like a good idea at the time but now...) XD 

I do happen to like their names though and don't want to change them. 

I didn't even bother putting the CB parents in the group and I'm not sure if that would help the chaos or create more.

Big mood but also I think I'm starting to get desperate enough for spreadsheets
I thought about screenshotting lineages and then putting them together on a doc so I have visuals but I'm not really sure if that would actually help because I would still be looking back and forth trying to make sure I don't inbreed.

Thank you for your response! :D 

That is the problem with big lineages (past 4th gen on even gens) you get so many dragons that even if you organize them from the start you can still get confused. For what you say I'm assuming you are over 4 gens so its understandable that you get confused with the amount of dragons you have. So I guess you'll have to either use a Spreadsheet or maybe another type of document to keep track of them. And yeah, as you said, it might end up becoming a back and forth thing, but at least you have some sort of control over them.

Personally I get confused with Spreadsheets, but it might be because I try to translate the lineage into the xls doc making each cell a dragon and so on, but maybe you can find a better way to organize them, then it could work well for you. Another idea would be to use a pptx or some sort of image doc that you can edit and add layers to. That way you go organizing them gen by gen until you have them all set in a way you fell comefortable with.