Saartje

Lineage Advice

So i will go for a stair or wave or spiral and i have this right now: https://dragcave.net/lineage/LmzZH

I can't made up my mind if i should go for male or female with this Night Glory and i will keep Ochredrakes in the mix.

Alternate day and night glories each generation, you mean? Female, and do a wave/spiral? If you don't like having all female nights and all male days, you can double up before turning.

Oh so you mean like this egg female and a male Ochredrake as the mate and then the 3rd gen Glory should turn into a male Day Glory with an Ochredrake mate again.
Fourth gen then a male Night Glory and then a repeat of those four generations?

That does sound nice.

Uh huh. I like the semi-symmetrical feel of a wave.

Does anyone have any ideas on what mate I could get for him https://dragcave.net/lineage/mfHB4 ? I am already planning on an Arsani this Valentines but I need one for out of season. It has to be 2g since I don't want to do a spiral or stair line.

@KingZanto I would try something dark(ish) from similar pink/blue CBs, but there are not many options I can think of. Maybe one of these?

image.png.39e21718e6457a4dba585624bf16a042.png

BSA Pink instead of Sweetling:

image.png.67a6153fa6bb5ef2e92399a0b6e5333e.png

This one might be more difficult to get, since Xenos tend to produce every variant except for the one you need... XD

image.png.c3222cd164311196d6359a619e03b8cd.png

Oh wow I really like the Alcedine combo. Never would have thought of that but the colors match so well! Thank you so much :D

Now to find someone breeding me a 2g since I don‘t have any CB Pink Sweets :D

EDIT: Thank you so much @Ruby Eyes :D

Edited by KingZanto

On 1/9/2021 at 5:40 PM, KingZanto said:

Now to find someone breeding me a 2g since I don‘t have any CB Pink Sweets :lol:

Sending you one. If it doesn't turn red, I can breed another one :)

edit: Hooray, it's red! :D

Edited by Ruby Eyes

https://dragcave.net/lineage/qNRCS

This is one that I've had for a while and have no clue what to do as a mate.

I don't own any prize dragons so continuing that theme would be hard for me and trading for them would be difficult, but I'm open to ideas that match in other ways than using prizes.

Edited by dragonheart1999

17 hours ago, dragonheart1999 said:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/qNRCS

This is one that I've had for a while and have no clue what to do as a mate.

I don't own any prize dragons so continuing that theme would be hard for me and trading for them would be difficult, but I'm open to ideas that match in other ways than using prizes.

With Lunars, maybe? There are golden, silver and indigo Lunars to match the Prize colours used there.

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

With Lunars, maybe? There are golden, silver and indigo Lunars to match the Prize colours used there.

Hmm that would look good I did some edits for that and I like them a lot! Just haven't decided which version to do!

1711763170_Option1.thumb.png.fcf05d84dd075f87b8c71d6b72117199.png1253543515_Option2.thumb.png.ff58884b787a3bad1cfc6f4c1e9623a0.png

Moonstone.thumb.png.bff949ac23580ebd1e1f4f86f6acdc79.pngMoonstone.thumb.png.bff949ac23580ebd1e1f4f86f6acdc79.png

Edited by dragonheart1999
Adjusting picture location

16 minutes ago, dragonheart1999 said:

Just haven't decided which version to do!

Personally, I like the one on the left better because I think the blue Lunar Herald fits in better with the male Moonstones than with the females. Just my opinion.

Any thoughts on which version I should make? I can't quite decide Just gonna let RNG decide for me 

Edited by smartster4

How do you suggest planning out lineages? I’ve always wanted to do something cool but I feel like I’ll end up messing up something small. 

Are there sites that help you plan? Should I make a spreadsheet?

1 hour ago, EmiKay said:

How do you suggest planning out lineages? I’ve always wanted to do something cool but I feel like I’ll end up messing up something small. 

Are there sites that help you plan? Should I make a spreadsheet?

What kind of lineage exactly? If its just an evengen its not that hard to keep track of, depending how high you want to go, if you're starting from scratch or if you have other stuff.(https://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Inbred for inbred checks) If its lyricals there's a thread for that 

which has tips for pretty much all lineages. 

https://heart-of.blue/dragcave/lineage if you want to physically see it. Only downside is you have to do every dragon one by one if you really want to know what it might look like. 

I do also use sheets but just for lyricals/weird shapes (I have a heart in progress).

Spoiler

Looks like this, codes/links go in the middle there, left number is line number, right side is generation. Mostly just used to put the CBs in the right spot.

mockup.PNG.9d41d9d7a7d91328f1672f61129125ae.PNG

I use a sheet to keep track of my checkers and their mates but that's not really, planning a line. Its also just where I go 'ooh I picked this up from the ap, do I need it?' and then discover I have a sibling to it lol

For lyicals I also have the linage mockup (no sprites) saved, and I'll go through and number the boxes so I know, say, I need to breed 23 and 24 to make 36. 

Spoiler

Once I'm down to like 10 breedings I'll do this off to the side, so I don't need to consult the numbered mockup.

1290591642_mockup2.PNG.88dd9047a4f73237cbd5971493b9fde8.PNG

Any nice pairings with Lihnseyres? =3 I can't visualize a nice lineage for them/ The only ones I can think are Leodon . Magi and Mageia/Pharos Xenos, but I am a bit tired of them. So, any suggestions?=3

2 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

Any nice pairings with Lihnseyres? =3 I can't visualize a nice lineage for them/ The only ones I can think are Leodon . Magi and Mageia/Pharos Xenos, but I am a bit tired of them. So, any suggestions?=3

I tend to like orange and gold dragons with varying shades of blue. Female Astaarus, maybe? :)

As for me, I am struggling with planning out exactly how I want to do a Pitfire x Desipis lineage when Halloween comes around. Images will be in the spoiler below, but currently I need to choose between:

- Doing all four combinations

-- Possibly breed the eventual 5Gs into one big 7G

- Doing one combination for normal Pitfire and the other for Reborn

- Just picking one and not any of the others

I pretty much won't consider doing a checker below 5G, so either way I need a lot of Pitfires, but this also essentially doubles the amount of Desipises I'd need to go with the "best" option of doing all four.

Spoiler

ICxMtsZ.pngr48qQjx.png

zqIQu53.pngVds6omN.png

3 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

Hmm, this is nice, thank you=3

16 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

I personally feel a xeno magia would look amazing with a lihnseyres. They both have the same colors, just one is a little more twisty with the tail while the other has its free standing pose. ^-^

Or for something more interesting, a orange (itus) Canto or even a red Pargulus. 

The Canto has a lovely pose, and the Pargulus has matching shades of orange to the Lihnseyres.

So I have a bit of a challenge. I really love matching dragons to a precise color.

For instance:

Sakura x Alcedine Brown

(both have the matching magenta, in matching portions, and the same body color.)

Rosebud x Sapo

(both have light pink, and a similar amount of room in the pose taken up, even if Sapo adds blue)

Mutamore x Diamondwing

(nearly the same body color, both have white, diamond wing is like a pattern less mutamore)

Floral x Tinsel

(the more creative pairing here, as the best choice was spring, Pink, or Hooktalon. But those could not compare to how similar the physic of a floral and tinsel's faces are, plus both have similar crowns)

Floral x Obidar Xeno

(this is my second option for floral since tinsel is rare, both options have flowers to keep with the theme.)

2009 Val x Pyralspite Pink

(both have the same shape at the tip of tail, both pink, truly its like their meant to be)

Radient Angel x Howlers (Caligene)

(my first choice was caligene but seeing as they were a Halloween exclusive, I needed something more available. howlers look very similar to caligene, have the feathered wings, and the gold accent. And I adore that the white on radient angel and black on howlers plays as if it's Ying and yang)

Purple x Soulstone

(truly with their purple color and matching ribbon antenna, how could I not pair them?)

Erador x Canto Sophos (Aranos)

(the original choice was Aranoas, but when Canto came out I had to pair these two together. both have wings, similar colors, and a feeling of elegance. although I might still use Aranos as a second mate for Erador)

Heartstealer x Almerald (Balloon)

(an odd choice sure, but the green x white and red x white color make it feel like Valentine's in Christmas, or Christmas during Valentine's. my other choice was balloon, which ill make a second mate for heartstealer and a second lineage)

Arsani x Alemerald 

(unlike with heartstealing, the reason for this pairing is that they have matching poses and physic. but could truly represent Valentine's in Christmas)

Heartseeker x Royal Crimson

(both have the deep red body, different colored belly, and a nearly matching pose)

As you can probably notice, these are all Valentine's pairings. I need help pairing a Sweetling with the perfect mate. I've stared at Black Tea for so long as the only option, but maybe someone might know of a pink colored dragon with similar physic. 

I'm willing to let go of the color pink if I can have the face shape, eyes and pose match. 

Can anyone help me think of a good mate for Sweetling?

Any help is appreciated, thanks! ❤️

-Angel

Edited by ladyangeliki

Hi, I'm back after many years, so I'm basically a noob again, but I've been trying to get another Sunsong Amphiptere because (a) I just love how they look and (b) I'd like to unlock the image in my encyclopedia. My first dragon ever was actually this one: uNupk.gif and I've bred him 3 times with hopes to get another of his species, but all 3 times I got the other species I bred him with. I've been searching the jungle and haven't found any more of these guys, so I was wondering - which species from my scroll (https://dragcave.net/user/TheatreChic) should I breed with to give me the best chance of another Sunsong Amphiptere? Thanks!

Edited by TheatreChic

26 minutes ago, TheatreChic said:

Hi, I'm back after many years, so I'm basically a noob again, but I've been trying to get another Sunsong Amphiptere because (a) I just love how they look and (b) I'd like to unlock the image in my encyclopedia. My first dragon ever was actually this one: uNupk.gif and I've bred him 3 times with hopes to get another of his species, but all 3 times I got the other species I bred him with. I've been searching the jungle and haven't found any more of these guys, so I was wondering - which species from my scroll (https://dragcave.net/user/TheatreChic) should I breed with to give me the best chance of another Sunsong Amphiptere? Thanks!

Welcome back! Breeding results (from what I understand) tend to be related to the rarity of the different species being bred -- I have a Silver x Tercorn pair that has produced one Silver for twelve Tercorns, because Tercorns are more common than Silvers.

So, you should breed your Sunsong to a dragon with a higher rarity than it has! According to the Wiki, Sunsongs are uncommon, so you'd probably want to breed with a rarer (or at least similarly uncommon) dragon to have better odds of getting a Sunsong.

38 minutes ago, TheatreChic said:

I've been searching the jungle and haven't found any more of these guys

I just caught one and can send it to you after cooldown :)

Ruby Eyes!!! Thank you so much! I am currently egglocked but will be able to accept it in 12 hrs if that's alright.