MisaTange

Name Check Thread

When I used the search function I got several posts saying that things including things like "badass" are okay, but how about the word "ass" in general?

The name I was thinking of was something along the lines of "He Scream At Own Ass", which is a reference to this meme - not inappropriate in any way besides the word, just a funny picture of an opossum.

Thank you for any help!

@angelicdragonpuppy Your names are fine.

@FullmetalTriforce Tir Ho is fine, Transgemder is fine, and names based on autism are fine, but I would have to say no to Sleeping Off Inebriation.

@Fly-by-Night Your name is fine.

@Birb your name is fine. Ass should be okay, as long as you're not using it in a derogatory way.

What's wrong with inebriation? Drunkenness is really only offensive in real life, I'd say (though if people want to get drunk alone at home then why not), and I've seen several dragons in lineages with sound references to alcohol. It's referenced humorously in cartoons all the time, too. I'm not really seeing how inebreation is anything offensive, personally.

Edited by Nine

I was going to name my 2018 holiday "Dickon," after the character in The Secret Garden. 

Is that okay? It's a name, not anything dirty, but it does have the d-word in it. I wanted to make sure it wouldn't set off any censor alerts before I put it on a cb holiday :)

Can I name my arsani ‘the last arse’?  I know it’s inappropriate, but its in reference to the breed being called arsani and for it being the last Valentine’s Day dragon on my scroll to grow up.

13 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Can I name my arsani ‘the last arse’?  I know it’s inappropriate, but its in reference to the breed being called arsani and for it being the last Valentine’s Day dragon on my scroll to grow up.

That's fine; there's already a dragon named arse. I feel like not everyone knows that term. 

PDC can weigh in, too tho. c: 

On 2/19/2018 at 7:57 AM, Toyo said:

I was going to name my 2018 holiday "Dickon," after the character in The Secret Garden. 

Is that okay? It's a name, not anything dirty, but it does have the d-word in it. I wanted to make sure it wouldn't set off any censor alerts before I put it on a cb holiday :)

That's fine too. :) 

I'm also not sure if I agree with the inebriation one. I feel like there are lots of dragons with alcohol references. It's never really been an illegal substance.

Edited by Earth Gurl

On 2/21/2018 at 2:59 PM, Draconiusultamius said:

This gets my approval too, I use arse all the time since I prefer not to swear. :) 

@Aie I think that one is fine, but I want @Earth Gurl to weigh in too.

Should be safe to post again... I just named one of my dragons A sexy lineage since it's code is asxiy (which looks kind of like 'a sexy') and it's a 2g altkin.  Is that ok?

Edited by Draconiusultamius

4 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Should be safe to post again... I just named one of my dragons A sexy lineage since it's code is asxiy (which looks kind of like 'a sexy') and it's a 2g altkin.  Is that ok?

I've seen moderators ok names with 'sexy' in them, as long as they don't directly reference a sex act. So a name like 'a sexy lineage' should be fine. :)

1 minute ago, StormWizard212 said:

I've seen moderators ok names with 'sexy' in them, as long as they don't directly reference a sex act. So a name like 'a sexy lineage' should be fine. :)

Ok, thanks!

On 2/18/2018 at 7:36 PM, Nine said:

What's wrong with inebriation? Drunkenness is really only offensive in real life, I'd say (though if people want to get drunk alone at home then why not), and I've seen several dragons in lineages with sound references to alcohol. It's referenced humorously in cartoons all the time, too. I'm not really seeing how inebreation is anything offensive, personally.

Hm, that's a perspective. My standards might be a little too rigorous, I'll be more mindful.

Is "this kills the dragon" an okay name for one of my zombies? It's in reference to this.

There's a character from "The Life of Brian" called Biggus Dickus.  Would that be an acceptable name?  I mean, it's already in use (from 2010), but I was thinking about misspelling it with 2 c's . . .

1 hour ago, Alisyn said:

Checking on "Drugged Stupor" for my inbred, insanity themed line (sample lineage). Thank you in advance!

This should be fine. :) In the past, mods have said that drug names are acceptable as long as they are not describing anything illegal or the actual act of using drugs. I'll quote below for more specific/detailed information.

On 11/17/2017 at 5:29 AM, Earth Gurl said:

Drug names are fine as long as they don't imply that the user is doing anything illegal or inappropriate. Something like "Weed Dealer" may be objectionable. 

On 11/21/2017 at 4:17 PM, purpledragonclaw said:

1. Drugs as names are okay.

2. Describing the act of using drugs is probably going to be a no, but I think it depends on the context. Case-by-case basis.

3. My Flamingo Smokes Weed would be a no since marijuana is still illegal in several countries. High is more ambiguous since you can be high in several ways (sugar rush, anyone?). This Dragon is On Drugs would work.

Okay, thank you @StormWizard212! ^^

I wasn't sure if the name implied drug usage and wouldn't be allowed. In the context of the lineage, it isn't drug abuse, but standalone, I thought it could be interpreted as such. ^^

Edited by Alisyn