MisaTange

Name Check Thread

Would it be okay to name this dragon just its code without the number 5, or would that be too close to profanity despite the spelling difference? Ofux5

42 minutes ago, VVarhound said:

Would it be okay to name this dragon just its code without the number 5, or would that be too close to profanity despite the spelling difference? Ofux5

I wouldn't, because that would look a lot like censor evasion. Even though the spelling is different, the sound is still a profanity - and the 'O' in front of it makes it very similar to a profane saying. If you want the code to be on display, then I'd recommend just not naming the dragon at all. 

I have been naming my dragons and copying the code and pasting it after the name. So I have the code plus a nice name to.

Just now, DreamingDragons101 said:

I have been naming my dragons and copying the code and pasting it after the name. So I have the code plus a nice name to.

Just make sure that your codes don't have any swearing or inappropriate language in them. :) Sometimes codes are randomly generated with something that very closely resembles a swear word, so just make sure you're careful and avoid anything that might be considered censor evasion. 

Is "That's a Whole Lotta Butts" an acceptable name? 

2 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

I think so.

2 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Mods have said before in this thread that names with 'butt' in them are fine. :) The only time there has been any issue around it is when it's used in an overtly sexual context, but yours isn't so you're definitely fine. 

Edited by StormWizard212

Just picked up an awesome code and it's begging for a certain name, but I'm not sure it's appropriate? I know censor evasion isn't allowed, but exactly what is and isn't censor evasion? In this case, is 'what the freak' considered censor evasion or not?

I'm sure that name would be okay @HeatherMarie. I've seen worse than that. "What the freak" seems really tame to me.

4 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

I don't see any problem with it. :) 

Thanks for replying ^^

Doing Harry Potter lineages, for some reason, and was doing this little sequence:

malfoy.JPG.65a7ed23726700382fcd27f81cdf6f61.JPG

Is the name "I am a racist" okay? 

Would these be acceptable?

Rumpus Rompus
Bum Bum
Frosted Butts
Bootius Maximus

If not I will rename. Thanks!

Edit: Thank you for the quick reply!

Edited by Chichol

12 minutes ago, Chichol said:

Would these be acceptable?

Rumpus Rompus
Bum Bum
Frosted Butts
Bootius Maximus

If not I will rename. Thanks!

Names about butts/bums are fine as long as you're not referencing them in a sexual context. The examples you gave are fine. :)

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

I think so, but be cautious. Suicide is a very touchy subject and such a name could come across as offensive.

Duly noted. Thank you!

Names referencing sexual orientation are fine, right? Nothing explicit, just stuff like the 'always forward never straight' and that sort of thing. I can't imagine that would be inappropriate, but I figured I might as well check.

32 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Names referencing sexual orientation are fine, right? Nothing explicit, just stuff like the 'always forward never straight' and that sort of thing. I can't imagine that would be inappropriate, but I figured I might as well check.

Sounds perfectly okay to me!

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

2 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

Sounds perfectly okay to me!

Agreed. :) As long as you avoid homophobic slurs and discriminatory/hateful comments, LGBTQ+ references are fine.