MisaTange

Name Check Thread

I've actually named the dragon already, but is the name "Tinder but ANGRY" an a-ok name? i mean i haven't been banned yet but i just wanted to like doublecheck

I don't see anything wrong with that name, @SomeRandomCorviknight. Unless it has some slang meaning I'm unaware of. 

Where is the line when it comes to referencing violence? I'm doing a new naming scheme based on some YouTube videos, and while the references are basically just lyrics I wanted to check first. 'Teddy Bear stabbed him with a knife' is the one that made me think to ask. Would that be inappropriate?

@HeatherMarieits a dating app, but on second thought you can breed dragons and stuff so

im pretty sure that name would be ok, it is kinda close to the line, so maybe ask for someone else’s opinion

sorry if this reads badly, I’m writing it on my tiny phone :(

Edited by SomeRandomCorviknight

Is it safe for me to name my Bleeding Moon "Bloody Awful"?

If not, I'll change it.

On 3/12/2021 at 4:35 AM, dragongrrl said:

Is it safe for me to name my Bleeding Moon "Bloody Awful"?

If not, I'll change it.

I'm pretty sure it would be, bloody isn't really a bad word, and i would definitely use it on the forum with out being afraid of a ban so i think it should be ok.

Is the name 'Gill O'tine' okay? I'm hoping to keep it for one of my Halloween dergs. Is in direct reference to guillotines.

On 4/25/2021 at 9:43 AM, lovecats99 said:

Is the name 'Gill O'tine' okay? I'm hoping to keep it for one of my Halloween dergs. Is in direct reference to guillotines.

What's bad about guillotines? Other than they are regretfully out of vogue.

On 4/27/2021 at 8:38 AM, Nine said:

What's bad about guillotines? Other than they are regretfully out of vogue.

Oh, I just thought, considering their history, that people would be nervous about them. Same with guns. I guess this guillotine name is fine, then. :)

6 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

Given recent events is it alright if I have a group where dragons are named as their original breed name so I remember what they used to be?

https://dragcave.net/group/160760

I would be interested in the answer to this as well.

I renamed some of my Serratti because the old names were based on the breed name but I know I have more that I will be renaming to reflect the new breed name rather than the old. One of my cb 2011 dragons is named The Winter Mage, should I change it or leave well enough alone? What should I do?

Edited by dragongrrl
Ghost typist

Hi there, I forgot to check the name of this dragon when I named it years ago. Is this allowed?

Name: LA dammit

Link: https://dragcave.net/lineage/wqSkH

He's the mate of "Bwam bardle ningle boom" - they're references to a Tolkien parody called Silmarillion in 1000 Words.

I can't see that it's not OK, either. Death is not actionable under COPPA or PG; it's not obscene or disrespectful. You may not like it - but that doesn't mean it's not an OK name.

Just double-checking but my Royal Crimson has a poo code, cannot resist

Name of dragon: Red Poo

Link of dragon: KpP00

Edited by Fetus

hi would the lyrics to your new boyfriend with the no-words filtered be illegal? I'd love to do a lineage to it but i highly doubt i could considering the lyrics.

On 9/21/2021 at 3:44 PM, Fetus said:

Just double-checking but my Royal Crimson has a poo code, cannot resist

Name of dragon: Red Poo

Link of dragon: KpP00

highly doubt anyone would be offended by that, i think you'll be safe

This one is already named, but I still want to make sure. I'm using creeper in the context of the type of plant (creepers/creeping plants are small plants that grow close to the ground) but I'm not sure if that's okay since that word is most commonly used to describe a creepy person.

Name: Creeper in The Jungle

Dragon Link: https://dragcave.net/lineage/FNNqO

Edited by Ginger

On 10/6/2021 at 2:04 PM, Ginger said:

This one is already named, but I still want to make sure. I'm using creeper in the context of the type of plant (creepers/creeping plants are small plants that grow close to the ground) but I'm not sure if that's okay since that word is most commonly used to describe a creepy person.

Name: Creeper in The Jungle

Dragon Link: https://dragcave.net/lineage/FNNqO

that'd be fine (i think)

Would it be inappropriate to name one of my dragons after his code, considering it has the word s*x in it? I don't want to name it for that word, I just like his code as a whole. Figured I'd ask before naming him. I understand if it's not okay, I don't want to break any rules. 🙂

The dragon in question: https://dragcave.net/view/SExOX