arlymaye

IOU - Breeding Promises

I have made 1 IOU and waiting on that pair to be able to breed. I think its nice to trust someone to do that for you smile.gif

I have made several IOUs. I would usually be more than happy to take one as well, but it has never really come up.

Urgh, I'm still working on the first IOU I ever made. I promised a bronze tinsel for a CB ice egg. She was the first tinsel I ever got. Since that time, I have acquired 3 silver tinsels, all of which have given me at least one tinsel egg. The bronze has not only never given me a tinsel egg, she hasn't even given a tinsel fail. I don't know what her problem is.

I'm happy to take and give IOU's, and at the moment I have none owing or that I owe except a Christmas one tongue.gif It's very nice how trustworthy DC users in general are.

id probally take them if offered. I give them out and complete them a lot though i jsut completed one where i had to give someone a gold tinsel.

I have 4 IOU at the moment

2 are fully paid on my part {one was 2 eggs and 6 hatchies and the other was 11 hatchies. }

2 I am working on (rare egg wanted so breeding of course isn't cooperating)

We both know it may take awhile to get this, but I have the person's name written down and every time I breed I will send a failure notice, in hopes that one day it will be with the teleport link.

I myself do not like owing, so I try with all my might to get it done as fast as possible.

I have made lots since I originally posted

so far I have paid off almost of mine, I am waiting on 8 to be paid to me,

and I owe 3 eggs out.

I still do not like to owe and try to pay off ASAP

*pokes Shining Sinamon in hopes of a golden egg*

as 2 of mine are from that line, normally I don't like having 2

on a list, but the person asked to be added to it in exchange for a

nice one IMO, so that one has 2 people waiting. Chandler Charm has one

he needs to prodcue for me *pokes him too*

I do make IOUs and I try my hardest to get them done quickly. I currently have 2 IOUs for people and several I'm waiting on. I'm okay with IOUs as long as the people I make them with try to get them done quickly instead of waiting lazily until I poke them and then spazzing out.

I both take and have made a few.

I hate owing, but am always fine trusting people.

In the end karma always pays you back. smile.gif

I make Holiday IOUs and Tinsel IOUs, but I only take partial IOUs or Holly IOUs [i really want a Holly, but who doesn't].

I will always fulfill an IOU, but I am not always that trustworthy of the person I am trading with so I want to see the egg on their scroll first or know I will get my half first. If I trust/know the user then I will take any kind of IOU.

Since the first time I posted on this thread, I have taken part in dozens of IOUs. They actually make up a large portion of my trades. I keep a running list of all of my current IOUs & do not remove either party until the IOU is completed.

So far, I have not had any IOUs go sour on me. With the exception of one IOU that has yet to be completed due to ridiculously stubborn dragons, I've always paid off my end as soon as possible.

I make and take them. I'm generally pretty trusting, especially if they're a long-time member.

I make and take them as well. Generally, I prefer IOU for trading with tinsels so to get pretty lineages.

The only IOU tripping me right now is one tinsel that just will not breed me anymore tinsel. And I have two IOU on that tinsel alone Oy.

I do take/make IOUs, though sparsely as I'm rather adverse to lots of trading in general. At the moment I hate them, because I've got 3 IOUs on one lovely gold tinsel that refuses to make any babies. She's been infertile for the last two or three months dry.gif

I take and give IOUs. It just depends on the dragon. I, currently, am not willing for my tinsels, unless for a holidays (holly, valentine, ect) that I do not have. My CB vampires, though, I am willing to do IOUs in either direction

I have 3 IOU's running atm. If i promise something i update the persons name and what i have to give them in my profile and i also update it in my file that i use for breeding.

Edited by Miryana

I take and make IOUs. I fulfilled quite a few in the past two weeks (esp. two silver metallic IOUs). Of course I only make what is within my ability to do - that'd make both sides happy.

I update the people I owe stuff to every week or so if they want to, however I always work hard on my IOUs regardless. Actually, working on IOUs is a motivation for me to play DC with more passion, else I'd just be a lazy bum who never does anything but picking up stuff and raise 'em laugh.gif

I usually do IOUs, but only the type where I get the egg I need first up and have to fulfil my end unless I know the people from the DC IRC chat room. I have fulfilled all my IOUs until now, even those taking months (I have breed a 4th gen pink and still work on a 5th gen terrae, both PB even gens for Astreya) and have a bunch of lists on my tinsel babies, usually in order to get the mates I need for them or to work myself toward better lower gen pairings.

I got a five spot policy on most of my tinsels though - only five list spots before it's closed - and on those who almost never breed, there are only two spots. I also write everything down and keep on pestering people to pay up their end of the bargain. What also works very well is if you work with references - I usually name the last three people I fulfilled IOUs to, and ask for the same from the other side.

I would be hesitant to take an IOU for something unless the other person was trustworthy (ARK listed, for example) and active on the forums. But then again, I usually just breed and gift anyways so it's not really a problem. tongue.gif

I would be hesitant to take an IOU for something unless the other person was trustworthy (ARK listed, for example) and active on the forums. But then again, I usually just breed and gift anyways so it's not really a problem. tongue.gif

this exactly.

If the person is active aka they have a nice scroll, active in the trading/breeding parts of the forum I trust them. Most newbies don't have any good dragons anyways, so there's usually no reason to take a risk on them. The people with the nice dragons are already active in the forums.

I have a wonderful holly IOU from a guy I trust because he's very very active and well-known. I did tons of IOUs during my tinsel-trading days and they all worked out very well.

The DC community is a pretty good place. Lots of integrity here compared to other online games I've played.

I have only offered one IOU and have made good on it promptly. The Tinsel was being stubborn, but I sent a weekly PM to the person with the results of the breeding as a courtesy.

I accept a few IOU's here and there. I have probably accepted 10 and 7 have made good. One did not, even after being reminded when I saw she had the egg she had promised me up for trade in the trading threads. I don't fret about it though. I just don't trade with those people anymore.

I gave out my first IOU in August, and it took bloody forever to keep, since the two dragons kept using too much birth control (and thank goodness they didn't refuse since the IOU was for a non-mated pair). Now, I only give out IOUs for mated dragons and I only have two at a time (which are noted on my profile for those people to see where they are on the list). I don't like being in debit.

Although I do have to say that I have accepted quite a few IOUs... so far *knock on wood* they haven't gone pearshaped... but then, I try not to get too wrapped up in it if it were to go south, since I normally only trade what I breed. So if someone does run off, I can always replace what's been lost.

I have only ever made one IOU and I have every intention of following through with it. The problem is the darn dragon isn't cooperating! I have a feeling once I finally pay off my debt I won't be making or taking IOUs anymore. It's too stressful trying to repay the person when the dragon is being stubborn.