arlymaye

IOU - Breeding Promises

yeah, maybe i would make some. 1 or 2 not more biggrin.gif

For gifting, trading only if I am shure I can do it.

I wouldn´t take one in trading, well maybe from people I know. ninja.gif

I very rarely do IOUs for gifting; I like being able to, well, *give* something. ;-)

When I do, the list stays under five people: I don't have the time to make extensive lists and charts, and I don't want to skip someone, in case I forget.

I don't generally accept iou's for trading, if I'm the person who has the egg/hatchling to trade. If someone stipulates in a trade thread, that *they'll* take an iou, it depends on what I have, and what I can reasonably produce, but, this is rarer than ious for gifting; since it can potentially overlap with that list.

I do my best with IOU or breeding request. Lately with so many dragons not giving eggs it is harder to pay off the person I owe. But every week I do try to breed and get an egg to pay off the debt.

I try to keep the person updated on things if it is taking a while - let them know the dragons have not produced yet. But I'm not one to say oh they didn't produce.

I have for a second time an egg on my scroll that someone requested of me and the person has either not collected - last time it grew up on my scroll. So, in such instances I must wonder if I should stop trying to breed for said person as the egg is not being collected and consider it that I have done my best to fulfill the IOU. I understand real life does happen/interfere with people.

So in an instance like this what is fair?

As for others who owe me. I've never had a problem I may have to be patient and wait a bit but the person usually comes through for me.

I've been bitten three times by people who promised me a Holly. To be fair one of those times the person went AWOL and was uncontactable, even by email. I didn't actually lose anything that time because they said they would choose something from my scroll after I had the Holly. The other two times I traded stuff to the other person, and then nada sad.gif .

I'd still do it again for a Holly or Tinsel, in a heartbeat, because what else can you do? The likelihood of having something at the exact same time is extremely unlikely. I'm very wary about promising bred stuff from my dragons, since it's only this breeding session that they've deigned to produce even common eggs! If it's frustrating for me, just breeding them, then I don't like to think what it would be like for the receiver. CBs seem like a much steadier trade, as long as they're not extremely rare.

i take and give iou's

I mostly just take to those i know will get me what they promised

and i try to fill my end of the iou's as soon as possible

Oddly enough, I think I'm more relaxed about accepting than giving IOUs, in general - provided I've at least seen the person around enough to have some concept of their reputation.

I hate being in debt, and I'm very conscientious when it comes to paying people back. So I don't like to promise anything I don't have a strong expectation of being able to give within a reasonable length of time. Otherwise I just get stressed, and feel bad for keeping the other person waiting.

When I do promise eggs, especially to someone who doesn't know me well, and therefore have confidence that I'm doing everything I can for them, I try to give them regular updates as to where things are at, just so they know I haven't forgotten.

I do IOU's. Mostly my dragons have been very good in breeding for IOU's. Not just for trades, but for gifts too. smile.gif I always try to fulfill IOU's. I still owe someone a gold for catching me the 2009 valentines, but I don't think they are active anymore. sad.gif

I have given and taken IOUs and touch wood so far without a hitch (that is jinxing it some xd.png )

Currently have an IOU where I have had the egg and need to return the favour so ensured it is my absolutely priority. Another I am looking to IOU once I have the relevant hatchies.

I have also given and awaited the IOU in return, it is swings and roundabouts, I have been concerned if they will uphold their end of the bargain but as long as I hold up mine!

I usually don't give IOUs because, well, I don't want to owe someone. I took three IOUs for tinsels since the opportunity arose. It's the first time I accepted IOus, and so far I am being kept informed about breeding results. I have a good feeling about these.

Edited by Rally Vincent

Yes, I do make breeding promises, but only with people who I trust or with who I've traded or spoken before. I also do IOU exchanges, and all of them, for now, are successful and fulfilled. :3 I keep the track in word by making tables and lists to whom I owe what, and who owes me what, so I don't forget or I don't get tricked. wink.gif

Yes, I do take IOU's but never that many at a time. The only obvious case of default that I can recall is a 4th gen. Silver I traded for 3 CB hatches. The person seems to have left the site, so I don't know what happened. On the other side, I'm on some very long IOU lists, but I don't mind in some cases as long as I know I can have that __________ someday. biggrin.gif

I sometimes accept IOUs, though I feel bad holding an IOU over someone, even if I DID trade something awesome for it. I don't make IOUs unless requested though, I worry that if I ever did offer an IOU those dragons would fall into a permanent drought x3

Yes I make and take them.

But I only make reasonable IOUs. If I see that 5 people want a 2nd gen PB stripe and the pair has breeding issues I only allow one or two on my list and let them knew it could take a little before they get an egg.

Same goes for taking IOUs. If someone offers me an egg I'll ask first when they expect the egg to come.

And of course I never forget to make notes for open IOUs.

I usually accept good IOUs (for tinsels and Hollys only) but I don't like to give IOUs... xd.png

I usually accept IOUs, especially for tinsels.

About making... I try to make as few IOUs as possible, since I'm afraid that my dragons doesn't breed what I need before a long moment.

And if the person should wait ages before she'll get what I promised... D|

I gave them only if I see something I really want and till yet, I always made what I promised. And i don't think it'll change tongue.gif

Edited by Daiyachiri

I think of something as an "IOU" if it's meant to pay back a trade, and a "promise" if it's a gift that you're trying to breed for someone with no expectation of return. I currently have one promise I'm trying to fulfill, someone asked me for a specific pair to breed, and I've been trying weekly for a while now with no luck. (which reminds me, I think it's that time of the week again... yes, and again, no egg. DARNIT.)

Anyway. I would take IOUs, but not many of them, if for no other reason than that I tend to lose track--specifically, I lose track of when I can breed my dragons!

I have had breeding lists, but between: a computer totally dying so that all information on it was lost, surgery and recovery, moving, getting a new, but less dependable internet connection - I have lost all my records. If I owe you an egg, a pm would be welcome.

I also have newer breeding promises dating from the Data Loss that my dragons feel no need to fill in a timely manner, and 1 IOU from a trade that my dragons are not in a hurry to fill.

This makes me wary of accepting IOUs, not because I wouldn't be willing to trust the member, but because such promises are totally at the whim of Dragon Cave and not really in the hands of the person offering the IOU.

I have 4 IOU at the moment

2 are fully paid on my part {one was 2 eggs and 6 hatchies and the other was 11 hatchies. }

2 I am working on (rare egg wanted so breeding of course isn't cooperating)

We both know it may take awhile to get this, but I have the person's name written down and every time I breed I will send a failure notice, in hopes that one day it will be with the teleport link.

I myself do not like owing, so I try with all my might to get it done as fast as possible.

The only IOU I have is a request from a friend from another forum who recently joined dragon cave- she's on her first four eggs, and managed to get a CB day or night glory (egg hasn't hatched yet) egg, and she wants an egg from my Ochredrakes for its mate. In return, she's going to give me the first egg, if its a day/night glory one.

I would take an IOU, if I knew the person at least a little and could be reasonably sure of their integrity (its the internet, can't be 100% certain and IOUs are always a gamble- but I'd rather gamble with pixelated dragon eggs than money. laugh.gif )

I have none at the moment, but I would be happy to accept them if I still was one that was heavily involved here. With the new trade BSA I'm itching to try it out- but haven't bred something in a while or had someone who wanted something.

My only "IOU" is from the Tinsel Gifting project. I got a Bronze Tinsel, and I owe the first two Tinsels it breeds to others looking for their first Bronze.

I've made many IOU promises -- And I'll probably go on hiatus because of my schedule and not keep my promises. >.<. I struggle along with it. o.e

Dang tinsels. o.o' I'll probably have to scratch people that /don't atm/ need a tinsel. :/

I make IOUs all the time and have kept all of them without too much of a problem. smile.gif However, I'm fairly cautious when I take IOUs especially when I'm trading away something like a tinsel. I tend to try to hold onto the egg/hatchling for as long as possible before trading it away, in hopes that the person I'm trading with will get the egg that they promised me before I have to trade it. Also, by holding onto the egg/hatchling that I want to trade away, it gives me more time to get to know the person I wish to trade with.