arlymaye

IOU - Breeding Promises

I have no problem accepting or making reasonable IOUs - things that I'm confident I (or the other person) can catch/breed in a reasonable time.

Like, an IOU for a handful of CB storm hatchlings? No problem, they're easy to catch. Or BSA hatchlings, if the person has a good breeding stock.

ND IOUs I would only take from someone who has a good number of them on their scroll so I know they know how to do it.

Tinsels are also ok if the sire is already on the scroll. Same goes for Holiday dragons.

I don't make or take metallic or trio IOUs, though, since getting them can take forever, so it doesn't make much sense.

And so far, I've never had a problem paying my debts, nor have I had problems with scammers. smile.gif

I've made a couple IOU's and am about to receive a couple as well. Most of my problems come from the fact that some of my dragons refuse to breed successfully with each other and so I can't pay back my IOU's... x_x

I take IOU's and I have to IOU others. If you look at my profile you will see who I have dealt with and who I have REPAID and who I OWE. This way, someone I am dealing with can contact those people to see if I am good for my IOU's. If someone does not honor their IOU to me, they will be put on my PROFILE. I also feel there should be a topic on the forum for people who do not honor their IOU's as well. A lot of us work hard to get the nice eggs and we do our part and pay back our IOU's, why should those get by that do not pay their IOU's!!!

My only problem is sometimes my dragons do not want to co-operate, or give me the wrong egg.

I do keep people up to date or try to what is happening, and if I get a wrong egg I show them.

If I ever forget anyone, it is not intentional. Always feel free to give me a PROD about it, smile.gif

I'm happy to do IOUs, but either I lack anything interesting enough or I just don't advertise it as much as I should.

I mainly do rare IOU trades with close friends, as it doesn't stress me out nearly as much as trying to breed for a stranger.

I never do for a gold or silver egg but for tinsels, I do take IOUs.

I own nothing anyone else seems to want, lol.

I've made all of 2 IOUs, one for a Gold Tinsel - it took me about 6 weeks of breeding to get a Gold Tin egg. The other is for a Pink x Holiday... which has either failed to produce or refused its intended mates. Grrr!

I've fulfilled one IOU so far, and have one more to fulfill soon. I'm very nervous about trading for an IOU though, I hope I'll be able to avoid waiting for IOUs. Once I was promised a pink female hatchling for free, but the person hasn't contacted me so I figure they either forgot or don't care.

I take IOUs given the person already has the parent eggs on their scroll. ^.^ And I give IOUs from dragons that have given me eggs before or haven't refused each other.

xd.png I currently owe 3 IOUs after fulfilling 1 just a while ago. Actually, one of the IOUs is supposed to be a gift to someone who gave me a gift, but it's an IOU nonetheless.

And honestly, I'm happy enough to trade IOUs for people who really want the eggs. I don't mind waiting. There are enough nice glompers, gifters, and breeders on the forums to outweigh any dislike for IOUs that are unfulfilled. ^.^

I've taken and given IOUs, generally anybody who's reputable and some people who just seemed nice, and it's all worked out well overall.

However, between my memory, (had one once, just forget where I last left it) RL stuff that's been going on, and data loss both from way back when and from a cool little delayed bluing out trick that evidently deletes information after I've done corrections and sometimes don't notice - if I owe anyone reading this anything, please for heaven's sake let me know! lol

I live in terror of forgetting someone, especially at the rates my dragons have not been producing for so long.

I've fulfilled nine IOUs and I have at least four more waiting (one is mutual).

In a way I don't like them because they're stressful -- they're obligations to meet, and sometimes I wonder if I'll clear them all. I'd so much rather wait until I have an egg in hand and be the one waiting on an IOU, but it just hasn't worked out that way.

I give and accept ious all the time--in general it works out, though I've had one flake on me recently :\

I have created a few IOUs. Mostly with friends. A few with people I don't know very well. Anytime I make a IOUs, it's with someone I know will uphold the deal. And if I agree to a IOU, no matter how long it takes, I will keep up my end of the deal.

i give and take iou, I have a list of things I owe and things are owed to me.

The first list of what I owe is about to clear but the other list seems to be longer and longer xd.png

I made four deals over Halloween - shadow walkers for things in return. Two have already been fulfilled and the other two I'm waiting on, but I'm confident they'll come through.

I think people just need to be cautious when making IOUs, and only make them with people who they know fulfill trades. Someone who posts publically here or on IRC is a better bet.

Haven't made or accepted any IOU's, I don't really trade at all. Closest thing to trading I've done is gifting, when teleport is implemented this may change. I prefer to catch things myself, it may take longer but then I wouldn't have to rely on someone else's time, luck and/or expertise in catching or breeding something, not to mention I can't exactly cheat myself out of something. I would feel quite ripped off if I accepted an IOU promise and their half was never fulfilled (I doubt I'd accept IOU's of any rares, commons on the other hand probably).

However, if I ever trade anything I would probably accept an IOU if that person has a genuine offer or doesn't already have some of the dragons of the type of egg/hatchie I happen to be trading. I'd rather gift eggs or hatchies though, less worries at the moment for lost in trades and the other person would probably appreciate it more if they aren't held by an IOU agreement.

Quite amazing how things have changed since my first post on this thread. Also ironic, as the only IOUs I've accepted are for rares. xd.png

I've taken and given IOUs, as it's probably the only reliable way that I have been able to collect more Tinsels. I have had some great experiences so far with the DC community on the forums and on the IRC, and quite frankly my opinion on IOU's has changed because of that. My initial viewpoint on IOUs not being paid was a bit extreme, now I probably wouldn't mind much if an IOU wasn't paid for whatever reason; considering I only offer to pay things that I am confident in obtaining via catching or breeding or trading. If worst comes to worst I could always think of the egg/hatchling I traded as part of an IOU, as a gift. That opinion might alter if I happen to give something I value highly as payment, yet don't end up receiving what I had given it for.

So far I've only given double IOUs (where both parties owe something, and will pay it at the earliest possibility) and taken IOUs of dragons such as Tinsels. I don't really have a specific criteria when accepting or giving IOUs, however most of the IOUs I have given/taken are from people whom I have traded with before; or from people I have seen here and there on the forums.

Like most others, I try to pay my side of an IOU as soon as possible; and give a little warning to the person I am trading with if I think my side of the IOU will take longer to deliver. So yeah, ultimately I am more happy to accept an IOU than I am to give one as I tend to value my side of an IOU as less; but when giving an IOU, I'll only offer things I am confident in obtaining.

I don't really trade much, mostly just gift. But I have made one IOU recently, a Snow Angel egg for a staircase Silver Tinsel

I've made and given IOUs and generally don't have a problem with them, but a bunch of life happened and I lost an IOU list somewhere in the mix. I believe it was a "gift" list and not a "trade fulfillment" list, but it's still an awful enough feeling to encourage me to keep the IOUs to a minimum.

Since i'm relatively new, I can't make many IOU's for breeding. I did, however, make one IOU with catching the new halloween release, and ended up having 7 on my scroll, and trading away another 5, a few for IOU's of hatchies. Since it's just a game, I won't be too upset if they don't follow through though. I would simply be sure to never make a deal with that person again C:

I've only made one IOU in my time on Dragon Cave, for a ghost egg. I tried to breed the requested egg at the time the ghost egg was offered, but to no avail. I think the user would have given me the egg anyway, but I was so grateful I had to offer something in return. I hope that one of my three Thunder dragons will produce this upcoming week, because I'd really like to pay off my debt.

I don't think I'd take an IOU, unless I was already willing to give the egg/hatchling away with nothing in return.

I've had one IOU and taken one IOU so far. smile.gif

The IOU I had owing from Halloween I completed yesterday and the IOU that I owed someone else was paid back to me very quickly. I also had a kind of half IOU where the person traded me three eggs in a normal trade and promised another later, which they gave within a few minutes.

So I've had a good experience with IOUs so far, but that being said, I'm still quite cautious about it. I think it would be really horrible to trade away some precious dragons to someone else with the promise that they'll return them, only for them to disappear or ignore you and not go through with it.

For me, the only IOUs I'd consider are quick ones, really. So for example, as much as I might want a Holly, I wouldn't be prepared to take an IOU for one this far away from Christmas. Too much can change in that time - the other person might leave DC, you might book a holiday and be away for a while, who knows? So the only IOUs I take are ones that people promise they are able to get back to me within a week or so, as soon as they become unlocked or whatever. The longer you leave things, the less concrete they become anyway.

Another really important thing for me as well is the way that people come across in PMs. I've done many trades with people on here and I can safely tell you that some of them I'd never consider PMing for a trade ever again. tongue.gif Not that there was anything wrong with the trade itself, they just weren't that friendly or gracious about it. Whereas there have been other people I've had really fantastic experiences with because they've been so nice and friendly. biggrin.gif So that's a big thing for me. If I don't feel comfortable PMing the person, then I won't feel comfortable accepting an IOU from them.

... that was a lot longer than I planned. tongue.gif

I have never done an iou, but I would make myself deeply indebted for a holly lol. Other then that if some one offers me a huge iou for something I just tend to give it away, the "I have and they have not" ideal. Every single person I have done that for has been deeply gracious.

I've done IOUs a few times and have honored those IOUs all the way through. I have only owed someone once though, and I repaid them within 1-2 months. It was four CB nebula male hatchies. I don't like owing people so I am relieved I finally paid it off yesterday.

I've given a few IOUs and taken some as well. I usually however try to pay back my IOUs asap. And I never make promises I am unsure if I can keep.

The IOUs I take, are usually only for common dragons and if I can take a partial IOU over a full, I will.