7sharps

My Little Pony

It's funny how everyone here seems to love Maud so far. :3 I don't know if anyone else reads the episode follow-ups on Equestria Daily, but I find them very entertaining. Thanks to it, I now realize how scary/hilarious Pinkie's faces were in the cider scene. To be fair, the first shot was from when she jumped down to the ground. laugh.gif

Also, I rarely express my enthusiasm for things very openly (which leads to many jokes in my family about my stoicism), so this speaks to me.

Edited by Dimar

Totally loved this episode!

It was nice to see a different kid of character personality and I loved how it end with the rock candy xd.png

Definitely in the boat of loving Maud, this was a pretty good episode!

On another note, had a chemistry poster to do this week... Can you have too much pony?

user posted image

Definitely in the boat of loving Maud, this was a pretty good episode!

On another note, had a chemistry poster to do this week... Can you have too much pony?

user posted image

A+

I actually wanted to see the play. Cutiemark Crusader Playwrites yaaaaaa!

Seeing Luna was nice but she can show ponies the future o_o

Some of those dream sequences were TERRIFYING.

Also going a bit "wait, huh?" because I swear Luna's voice changed at the end, but all in all, yet another great episode smile.gif

*finishes watching episode* That was intense. o_O Very reminiscent of "A Christmas Carol" with the past/present/future dreams to teach Sweetie Belle a lesson. I really liked Rarity in it and Luna is always nice. Another good episode!

I kind of feel like Luna exaggerated what would happen in the future (if at all) just to get Sweetie Belle to realize that she could really be cruel to Rarity if she had gone through with the destruction.

I'm glad they didn't forget Luna. Nice to see her.

Next week's episode is most likely Applejack's key episode. I think Twilight will get hers during the (probably) two-parter season finale.

There's a Spike/Rarity episode coming up in a couple weeks as well. Hoping that one is good.

I just read the Friends Forever comic staring Spike and Celestia, that one was excellent. There's a Rainbow Dash and Trixie one coming out in a couple months. That will be interesting.

I also feel like the future reference was definitely exaggerated. But I loved having Luna exploration! As well as Sweetie Belle. Out of the CMC, I feel like her character gets the least development.

I thought the dolphin on the headdress was weird, but otherwise the costumes were pretty. o3o

To those of you that have read the comics, is there ever any mention of Fluttershy's family? We've seen Rarity's parents and sister, Applejack's grandmother and siblings, Pinkie's parents and sisters, Twilight's parents and brother and Rainbow Dash's father via flashback. I was just wondering if Fluttershy had anyone.

Not yet. There's a comic coming up starring Fluttershy and Zecora. Maybe we will get some backstory there?

Hrm. I dunno why, but my head came up with the theory that Fluttershy was disowned by her family. They are the proud pegasus type and didn't like that she was a weak flyer and preferred to live on the ground rather than somewhere like Cloudsdale. Since they haven't stayed in touch they have no idea about all the awesome things she has done.

I'd like to her see her bump into a relative at the Games. Perhaps someone doing the same event as her.

Well, that was a very predictable episode (the Snake oil salesman scam) but I always love the Flim Flam brothers songs so all and all it was a fairly good episode.

(I also knew it was going to be a key episode)

So now we're down to just Twilight's key. The next couple episode descriptions do not sound like they will be Twilight centered, so I'm guessing she'll get her key during the last episode(s) during a source of conflict and the box will contain some sort of new elements of harmony to save the day.

Isn't the placebo effect great. And with the film and flam brothers back I can mark a spot off of my season 4 bingo. *marks spot*

Not really any thoughts about the episode yet. Was basically th snake oil story mentioned above.

Not yet. There's a comic coming up starring Fluttershy and Zecora. Maybe we will get some backstory there?

Zecoraaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I have a hard time getting into comics but I didn't know how much I needed some Fluttershy and Zecora exploration until you said this. x3

~

I did enjoy the song. I think it was a really good ep overall, though I wasn't personally the most into it just because it wasn't my favorite characters. I did enjoy the little glances AJ and Big Mac gave each other, though. Older sibling silent communication o3o

Ahahaha I loved the song so much! I must use the lines about the dangers of getting hurt or sick in RL now since it's very applicable. :3

Yeah, I liked it more than I expected considering I wasn't a huge fan of AJ or the Flim Flam brothers before. But I did like AJ's scene where she marched up the tower and told off Granny Smith. And Big Mac is always good, because <3 Mac.

I really need to catch up on the comics, oh noes. D:

That episode was alright. I was worried Rainbow was going to cheat or something, but I'm glad the problem was resolved in the end.

Pinkie pie though, her '90s style rapping, was a little like what. But Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon-3 got an appearance so.... I guess it was alright?

So we have three more episodes until the two part season finale (confirmed now)- "Twilight's Kingdom", so I guess twilight does get to be a princess over something?

!!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

They spoiled it in a toy line preview I seen. She does get a castle. And it specifically looks like the Tree of Harmony turns into a Castle, probably when the box is opened.

Look at the background when she's talking about Twilight's Castle:

!!!END SPOILERS!!!

Also in the video, there's apparently a MLP Equestria Girls Guitar Hero-thing coming out? WTF??

Edited by MysticTiger

You should probably put that in white text, it's kind of hard not to read even with the spoiler tag. And especially that link. Wow I think that lady didn't even realize how big of a spoiler she did.

So that makes me wonder what exactly she is a ruler of? Ponyville and the Everfree Forest or what?. I just hope it'll be a good season finale.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Yeah, it wasn't my favorite but it was an alright episode. Pinkie was so 90's, wow. I was glad to see Vinyl of course because she's awesome! I also like how RD's getting advancement in her side plot with the Wonderbolts this season, so we'll see if she makes it into the Reserves. But wow, only a few more episodes... it feels weird to be almost done with the season.

So that makes me wonder what exactly she is a ruler of? Ponyville and the Everfree Forest or what?. I just hope it'll be a good season finale.

Same here. Though I doubt anything will beat A Canterlot Wedding for me. I sing This Day on a regular basis and have it on a shirt. :'D

Popping in to say that I'm not really looking forward to part 2 of the finale where apparently the princesses give Twilight all of their power. I dunno. I want her to earn her princess-ness and castle.

I liked today's episode. It made me think of my brother who is currently studying to move up a rank in the Air Force, but he doesn't understand any of his materials. I'd send this episode to him to watch except he isn't a pony fan. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was Pinkie's rap. I liked the '90s vibe, but it didn't fit the rest of the episode for me.

I used to like this show.

~Removed~

I don't think it has to do with age really...just how into the show some of the fans are. I agree it can be offputting, especially when they try to justify behavior or opinions by saying they are the main demographic for the show when they clearly aren't. I am also someone who watches ponies as a casually invested fan who watched it as a little kid (gen 1) and just skipped ahead to this most recent gen because fan art was everywhere. So, I suppose that is part of it. I don't think you are missing out by not watching anymore, but that's me.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I don't think it has to do with age really...just how into the show some of the fans are. I agree it can be offputting, especially when they try to justify behavior or opinions by saying they are the main demographic for the show when they clearly aren't.  I am also someone who watches ponies  as a casually invested fan who watched it as a little kid (gen 1) and just skipped ahead to this most recent gen because fan art was everywhere. So, I suppose that is part of it. I don't think you are missing out by not watching anymore, but that's me.

~Removed~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Just find some good people like us. We're fans but not like, insane fanatics.

I kind of feel the same way about the insane fanatics. I'm not obsessed with the show. I wouldn't dress up as a pony or wear the merch or go to the ponycons or whatever. I just enjoy the show (and the comics) and I enjoy discussing it with people smile.gif

Though I do own some ponies xd.png My niece gave me two of them, I have a Nightmare Moon from the fan pack (along with Vinyl Scratch), I got a glow-in-the-dark zecora, a Shadowbolt rainbow dash, and the Lunar New Year pinkie pie.

Basically just the special ones (besides the two my niece gave me, and those are special in their own way wub.gif )

I think with any fandom is the really insane folks who go too far with it. Best thing to do is ignore those folks and just enjoy to the level that you wish to do so and find others like you (they exist!)