7sharps

My Little Pony

The only thing I can think of is that Discord wanted them out of the way as soon as possible. The more time he spent getting them out of the way the more time Twilight and Candance could spend together.

Well, like I said, honestly, I think Discord could have just shown up where Twilight was at and guilted her into nursing him without giving her a chance to ever contact someone to save her. I mean, all he did was give Pinkie a balloon and RD just completely dashed off and Twilight never tried to contact them to take Discord off her hands. unsure.gif

Just in case Twilight tried to contact them? Also, maybe Discord didn't have to, but he had the chance to annoy a couple more ponies with his shenanigans whilst getting rid of them, and he's the kind of guy to do that.

Honestly I liked that they showed Discord 'disposing' of the other four ponies, mostly because of Rainbow Dash's exit. The way she practically went 'nope!' and sped off cracked me up. I wouldn't have been surprised if she had pulled off another rainboom at the speed she was going.

Edited by Fortune86

I thought today's episode was alright. I had a bit of difficulty understanding what they were singing, but that's a personal problem (happens with other songs as well).

What I liked is this test wasn't a test of her element. She was trying to bring laughter. It was that she was doing it for the wrong reasons. She got caught up in her own ambition and didn't realize she was putting Rainbow Dash's wishes last.

Also derpy and chocolate cake xd.png

(I saw Dr. Hooves too, though I'm surprised DJ Pon-3/Vinyl Scratch wasn't playing at the end)

It was pretty inevitable this was Pinkie's key episode. So we have Fluttershy, Applejack and Twilight left. (There were six keyholes so Twilight will have to get one).

I suspect we won't find out what's in the box until the season finale, will likely be something to defeat the villain/fix the problem.

Speaking of villains, the comic series will be doing an arc on King Sombra, I'll be looking forward to that one.

(I really enjoyed the Queen Chrysalis and the Nightmare Rarity arcs, so hopefully this one will be good too)

I loved Cheese Sandwich and his poncho. The episode certainly went better than the dream I had a few nights ago (in which the episode aired a week early, the songs were all awful, and Cheese traveled in a flying night club blink.gif ).

Derpy eating from the chocolate fountain made me laugh. She's so cute.

Ooooooh that's what it was! I thought she was like cartoon nomming a chocolate cake, but a chocolate fountain makes so much more sense.

The song where they cut to footage of the dancing rubber chicken and the real alligator gummy reminded me a lot of that show Misadventures of Flapjack.

It was odd, but very appropriate for pinky (she does tend to be the 4th wall breaker)

I kind of feel like it takes me all day to start to form an opinion of an episode xd.png

I do like this one, I think I just need to rewatch it

Oh yah and this face :'D

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2014/1/31/539...olon-s04e12.gif

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Not a half bad ep! Weird Al is always a plus.

Once again, another friend kinda stepped on for part of the ep. However, I liked the end to this ep better than most the others. It wasn't really as sudden and it was great that Pinkie realized RD wasn't having fun on her birthiversary. And I actually liked the songs in this ep. =o

Cheese Sandwich was perfectly dramatic and it was so sweet that Pinkie inspired his journey.

XD

~

My friend was pointing out to me all the other movie references I missed in the Discord episode. I'm impressed how many they fit in. =o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I have come to this thread to talk about the third contender for Best Episode.

I was very afraid that the story would have Cheese Sandwich "overdoing" the party/making it not fun, with Pinkie coming in to teach him a lesson. So so happy that it didn't go that way.

And the live action bits have briefly turned this show into Spongebob. tongue.gif

You know just as the goof-off began, Pinkie (and maybe Cheese) walked with a bowlegged gait? Well, it's another western reference, obviously, but cowboys have/had it from riding horses all day. How a pony could develop that is beyond me.

I don't have the Goof-Off song remembered yet, so whenever I hum it, one of Weird Al's polka medleys sneaks in and takes over.

Also:

user posted image

Edited by dirtytabs

Pinkie Pie has never let me down before and she didn't this time either. I really enjoyed this episode happy.gif

There seems to be two Fluttershy centered episodes coming up, 'Filli Vanilli' and 'It Ain't Easy Being Beezies'. One of them has got to be her key episode. Any guesses which one?

Best episode of Season 4 so far, honestly. EVERYTHING hit. And this is coming from someone who puts Pinkie Pie as her least favorite Mane 6 Pony. The jokes were great, the art was spectacular, the characters were IN CHARACTER, the music was glorious and the introduction of Cheese and how he didn't turn out being a bad guy was amazing. This didn't feel rushed. It didn't feel boring or forgettable. Honestly, I was humming all the songs the minute the episode ended. I LOOOOVED it. This is the kind of MLP episodes I want to see for the rest of the season. I think I love Pinkie SO much more because of this episode. Seriously, it was nice to see Pinkie acting like a normal, uh, Pony.

Also, I... I ship it. I tried not to but.... PINKIE AND CHEESE FOR LIFE.

I did not like this episode. Rarity was a total and complete brat. She has been my favorite pony, at least for the first couple seasons. This episode just portrayed her as shallow and immature.

I did like the way Spike looked at the camera when she was like "Oh spike you could never have any idea what it's like to be head over hooves over some pony who likes some pony else" (or something like that)

Overall I'd say this would be my personal least favorite of the season. I hope next weeks is much better.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I'd have to agree with you, Nightfox. I didn't like this episode at all either. :/

On a different note, I keep watching the Goof Off Song from last week's ep and I'm loving it more each time. I really like when Pinkie sings in Spanish, since that's a traditional piñata song and I really enjoy that touch.

To tell you all the truth, I actually liked this episode.

I would put this above most of the Season 4 episodes. This episode wasn't the best but it did right in the categories that matter to me. One, characters weren't out of character for the sake of the plot. Two, the moral was actually really good. Three, characters weren't shoved in because for some reason the writer thought they HAD to be there. And, four, the jokes were really spot on for the most part (the spike bit was great as was Rarity's fake accent).

Yes, this episode had some major flaws. And I feel like the male audience (not all, just most) probably are not going to react well to the relationshippy aspect of this episode (waiting on those reviews!). I also felt that Rarity was a little too snippy at some parts, but that's not too different from her last episode when she had that breakdown, so it's not exactly out of character. Unfortunately, I find Applejack has taken over the spot on the bottom of my list as least Likeable character, even if I did find her "Applejewel" character pretty awesome.

Overall, I found this to be a decent, fun episode.

To tell you all the truth, I actually liked this episode.

I would put this above most of the Season 4 episodes. This episode wasn't the best but it did right in the categories that matter to me. One, characters weren't out of character for the sake of the plot. Two, the moral was actually really good. Three, characters weren't shoved in because for some reason the writer thought they HAD to be there. And, four, the jokes were really spot on for the most part (the spike bit was great as was Rarity's fake accent).

Actually... As a major Rarity fan, I agree with all of this. I thought it was a really well done episode. Better than Manehatten and definitely better than a lot of the other ones (Pinkie Pride was the only other episode that wasn't completely awful this season).

I found Trend creepy ("I really admire the work ethic of Earth ponies.") and incredibly insensitive/kinda awful ("I once had an apple so rare they thought it extinct. I ate four." "Wow, I have such an amazing, exciting life."). BUT I kinda liked that it seemed like a small disappointed head shake to Nice-Guy-TM-bronies.

I thought the moral was good and I liked that this was another plot that didn't completely rely on one pony stepping on another. In her hurt, Rarity was angry at AppleJack, yes, and lashed out at her a bit, but it was nothing like what has gone on for most of this season.

I actually didn't find Rarity all that snippy. Simply herself. I think she can get stuck on things sometimes, but overall, although she was letting this opportunity slide through her fingers, snippy isn't how I'd describe her.

Pinkie's head inflating into a balloon was probably the creepiest thing I've seen on MLP.

I do hope we get another group ep (but a good one) at some point.

I actually didn't find Rarity all that snippy. Simply herself. I think she can get stuck on things sometimes, but overall, although she was letting this opportunity slide through her fingers, snippy isn't how I'd describe her.

Pinkie's head inflating into a balloon was probably the creepiest thing I've seen on MLP.

I do hope we get another group ep (but a good one) at some point.

I agree that she wasn't snippy, I think I used the wrong word. I think I was trying to say she was... a little mean? But, not in that "stop rarity, you're horrible" kind of way? I'm not sure how to exactly explain it, but yes, snippy was a bad wording on my part.

On second watch, that whole beginning scene with Pinkie Pie was terrible. Not just the inflating balloon (which I assumed was her inflating ego) but what she said with the whole they should have automatically picked me moment. I mean, uh, hello. Didn't we just have an episode about Pinkie's Pride getting in the way JUST AN EPISODE AGO?!?! I'm glad it didn't go that route, but I still didn't really like that line. It was pointless and just rubbed me the wrong way.

I'd love another group episode DONE RIGHT. I miss those.

And I hope that these Fluttershy episodes are done right. Fluttershy is my spiritpony and I really hate when they write her poorly and completely incorrect. (Coward Fluttershy?! REALLY?!)

I used to be a brony...

...but then life beat it out of me.

I have nothing more interesting to add.

I'm just surprised this thread is this active nowadays.

Still, good on ya!

I'm not sure what you're talking about, Psyduck. Maybe you could elaborate?

You know what kind of surprises me? The fact that the My Little Pony line is basically made to sell toys... But, they don't really produce many toys. With the exception of the random oddities such as the nightlights, it's mostly the same toys repainted and/or re-released with new accessories. Am I the only one who thinks they could do SO MUCH MORE with the toys?! Hasbro, hire me. I'd love to make your toy lines into ACTUAL toy lines and not just McDonald Toys. >_<

It just bugs me that they don't take advange of the fact they have this show that basically shows them what they could create and they DONT.

Edited by MysticTiger

Dude I would LOVE a Discord toy, (not like the little plastic one in the sets, but like a nice movable parts one... er, they could even do a potato head style one xd.png)

So today's episode was pretty good. I was glad to see they didn't forget about Zecora. And poor Fluttershy (Flutterguy) is always having the strangest things/transformations happen to her.

Pinkie Pie was awful in this episode though. I'm glad that the other ponies called her out on it though. Twilight looked very annoyed with her (I was too).

And, even if it was just for a short amount of time, we got to hear Big Mac solo sing.

(I am disappointed that the other two ponies didn't get names though! The female pony had a very pretty design and everything)

(Oh I guess she does have a name- Torch Song. Just never heard it in the show but I guess it was in the credits?)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I'm not sure what you're talking about, Psyduck. Maybe you could elaborate?

You know what kind of surprises me? The fact that the My Little Pony line is basically made to sell toys... But, they don't really produce many toys. With the exception of the random oddities such as the nightlights, it's mostly the same toys repainted and/or re-released with new accessories. Am I the only one who thinks they could do SO MUCH MORE with the toys?! Hasbro, hire me. I'd love to make your toy lines into ACTUAL toy lines and not just McDonald Toys. >_<

It just bugs me that they don't take advange of the fact they have this show that basically shows them what they could create and they DONT.

Why do you think they made Twilight a "princess".

To sell more toys, ofcourse. Scumbag Hasbro.

As for my previous statement, when I left the fanbase over a year ago, it was because at the time, there was nothing left of it but sickoes who only wanted to cyber-clop to one another.

At one point I just got on my computer, deleted everything pony on it, drank a few beers and left it behind.

I'd figured what was left of the decent fanbase would do the same, and eventually the whole thing would collapse on itself, crash and burn.

Guess I might have been wrong.

Well I wouldn't judge an entire fandom based on some weirdos. Every fandom has them...even pokemon ;_;

Best thing to do is pretend they don't exist, don't acknowledge them, avoid them like the plague and just enjoy the series as it is and find good people like us to debate the goods and the bads of each episode smile.gif

As far as Princess Twilight goes, yes I totally agree it was a move on Hasbro's part for money. But they are a toy company first and foremost. They probably weren't expecting the show to be such a hit, but they do want toy tie-ins every once in a while (equestria girls....)

As far as she goes in the show, I was very opposed to the change being concerned that Twilight would become distant and aloof and super "special". But so far in this season it's just been Twilight as she always has been. Only now and again does she fly and acknowledge she's a princess. It really hasn't affected anything so far (and I'm glad of that).

I second everything Nightfox said in the above post (both for fandoms and Princess Twilight).

I enjoyed this episode too. I love Big Mac, so hearing him sing a bit rocked. It was nice to see Zecora again, and AJ's assessment of the situation near the end was funny. Oh, and I didn't get the joke in the title until Herk explained it to me. I was wondering why it had such an unusual name. laugh.gif

Filli Vanilli had a recycled premise (Fluttershy and performance anxiety), but there were a lot of good bits, like Applejack confronting her brother, Fluttershy being the one to insist the show go on, and the creepy way stage fright is represented. Yikes. unsure.gif

As for Twilight being a princess, Lauren Faust has intended that all along. Twilight's going to succeed Celestia one day, and she deserves to. (She's been responsible for saving Equestria 5 times, at least.) Her status isn't Hasbro's big, sudden ploy to sell more merchandise, though they're probably quite happy about it.

As for Twilight being a princess, Lauren Faust has intended that all along. Twilight's going to succeed Celestia one day, and she deserves to. (She's been responsible for saving Equestria 5 times, at least.) Her status isn't Hasbro's big, sudden ploy to sell more merchandise, though they're probably quite happy about it.

Oh, you're right. I always forget about Faust's original plan. rolleyes.gif I knew that, but I still didn't like the idea of her change when it was first heard about. I'm much happier with it now though since it hasn't really changed much about the characters or show itself. Opens up some interesting questions about how Luna and Celestia became alicorns; if they were born like that and just have the power to create others, or if they were made into princesses by an older ruler.... Same for Cadance. It feels to me that she's more like Twilight in that she was "graduated" to princesshood by Celestia and Luna.

Edited by Dimar

You know what kind of surprises me? The fact that the My Little Pony line is basically made to sell toys... But, they don't really produce many toys.

THIS, so hard. This has been my constant refrain for over six years now. I'm a HUGE fan and collector of the original toy line and cartoon series, but I don't like Friendship is Magic and the only toys that I can even buy and enjoy now are the tiny blind bag ponies. I'll never stop being pissed that Hasbro went from making a great variety of fullsize ponies, to then just the "core seven," to just FiM characters, and now not even putting much effort into THOSE characters. I used to spend a small fortune getting most ponies from every wave released, and the fact that there aren't even any ponies to go buy at ALL anymore makes me so sad. I wouldn't even mind purchasing FiM merchandise, if they would just use the bigger molds from years prior (or new molds of similar size/quality) and put the same effort into making the toy line as detailed and varied as it once was. ):

Why do you think they made Twilight a "princess".

To sell more toys, ofcourse. Scumbag Hasbro. ....

At one point I just got on my computer, deleted everything pony on it, drank a few beers and left it behind.

I'd figured what was left of the decent fanbase would do the same, and eventually the whole thing would collapse on itself, crash and burn.

Hasbro is a toy company, what did you expect? How are they scumbags for doing exactly what they've always done? MLP characters exist to sell toys and have done so since the 80's. It's been a moneymaking venture from the start. The creepy aspect of the FiM fandom rubs me the wrong way too, but dude, they have just as much right to enjoy it as anyone else. Why let it affect your own enjoyment or wish the rest of the fandom would collapse?

Edited by Koroshiya-Ichi