7sharps

My Little Pony

So I was doing a little googling and found out that in a future episode Discord makes friends with a villian from Gen 1, something called The Smooze.

I'm curious about tomorrow's episode, but I've been purposely avoiding any and all spoilers. Except for the last few episodes I have no idea what season five has in store and I'm looking forward to it.

It would kinda be nice to know what happened with Gilda. We haven't seen her since season 1.

I wonder what other kinds of places we'll get to see on that map? smile.gif

@Lady_Nightfox - ...

user posted image

Edited by Syiren

"The Smooze"?

blink.gif

Okay, it's a G1 villain, but... that's also the exact name of the Lord of Fluttershy's cult in Friendship is Witchcraft! xd.png

Hmm, alleged synopsis on the wiki sounds really good! I've loved all the Discord episodes since his reformation, so I'm really looking forward to this one. biggrin.gif

Edit:

Oh yeah, glad to see I'm not the only one hoping to see Gilda come back. MLP Forums has seen a lot of hate for her, but she's one of my favorite secondary characters and I've been dying for her return.

I believe there is a mountain with a skull on it on the map--someone showed a screenshot on the Internet somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Edit 2: Here we go! Linked for size.

Mountain with skull on it from the Cutie Map

Edited by ab613

Edit:

Oh yeah, glad to see I'm not the only one hoping to see Gilda come back. MLP Forums has seen a lot of hate for her, but she's one of my favorite secondary characters and I've been dying for her return.

I didn't really dislike her, she seems a lot like Trixie if you ask me. Kind of like a bully and also Babs reminded me of her too. I think most of the hate came from how she was mean to Fluttershy.

Gilda was one of the reasons I started collecting the Mystery pack ponies. She was in a set along with Rainbow Dash and a nameless Wonderbolt. smile.gif

I don't really collect a lot of MLP stuff because my local stores pretty much have squat for anything other than toys, but I love collecting the mystery packs and I have one Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon3 plushie which is pretty cool. smile.gif I wish I had her a figure too. I lucked out with getting Neon Lights out of a pack.

I really love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic! Derpy Hooves is my favorite pony. I really love the style of it, too! biggrin.gif

OMG they used a Game of Thrones reference in the show. A+

"Prepare yourselves everypony, Winter is coming!"

That was kind of a sad episode, I felt bad for Dash, though her blow up was crazy, but I guess every pony has had a blow up, (the infamous Rarity one).

It was nice that she got her own song.

And thanks Syiren! I'm getting my bachelor's in Biochemistry, getting pretty excited!

So I bought a funko my little pony blindbox, and I totally got Trixie, who now is gracing my desk at work cool.gif

user posted image

I liked today's episode. Troubleshoes was a nice character to add to the show (even if he was a ponified Eeyore). Though I find it silly they call him a pony, he's really just a horse considering his size (a Clydesdale actually, in summaries his name is Troubleshoes Clyde)

I'd just like to point out that the 'map' in the castle looks like the best game of D&D, ever. Period.

Edited by teslakana

That was a great episode. Love Discord and his house (and that whole dimension).

Even though the Smooze was almost completely different from the gen 1 counterpart, I like that they didn't make him a villain or a good guy, just a neutral blob of goo.

Also, I love that Celestia laughed about the joke about Twilight, and that she invited him in the first place. Celestia is a troll confirmed.

RIP Mailpony

I really enjoyed that episode. I wasn't expecting it to be so Discord centered, so that was a pleasant surpise. I was also glad to see that the Mane Six are slowly warming up to Discord. Nobody told him flat out to go away and Twilight was willing to give him a chance to deal with the Smooze at the gala. Pinkie was as friendly as always. ^-^

I really get why Celestia invited him. She must have been to at least a thousand galas over the years and if they were all pretty much the same ('classly' affairs where ponys just stood around and made small talk) then I can understand why she was cool with the whole thing.

I liked today's episode. Troubleshoes was a nice character to add to the show (even if he was a ponified Eeyore). Though I find it silly they call him a pony, he's really just a horse considering his size (a Clydesdale actually, in summaries his name is Troubleshoes Clyde)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought he was like Eeyore. I thought that was a good episode, but the Discord one is one of my favorites so far this season. It's nice to finally see where Discord actually lives. And I love how jealous he got. It was cute and it means that his friendship with Fluttershy really means something to him, and not just something he's willing to give up, like he did/almost did during the season 4 finale.

I loved Celestia at the end of the episode and Twi's reaction was priceless. xd.png

And thanks Syiren! I'm getting my bachelor's in Biochemistry, getting pretty excited!

Definitely time to bust out the party canon! That's a big accomplishment! ^o^

Tree Hugger is one of my favorite ponies now, it seems fitting to me that Fluttershy would be friends with a pony like her.

The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone is now my third-favorite episode of the season (behind the two-part opener). Spoilers: I was glad to see Greta return and see how the griffons lived compared to ponies. I'm sad to see griffons isolated to only one town in the world, though, but I'm hopeful we'll see them in other little pockets across Equestria. It was good to see Gilda's attitude explained as well from Season 1, and to see her friendship with Rainbow Dash restored. Greta spreading the magic of friendship on her own, though, around a group of Bit-hungry griffons? Not an easy task.

*Corrected, thanks Lady_Nightfox.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

*Gilda

I liked the story sequences, those were really fun to watch. I liked the goat monster as well.

I know people were upset that more "villains" were redeemed, but I never saw Gilda as a villain, more just a jerk. But the village she lives in explains a lot about why she is that way.

Two week hiatus is going to stink, I can't wait for the 100th episode and background ponies!

*jumping in* poptartFINALTINY.gif

I was really glad to see this episode get made period. I kinda found the whole leaving town and burning bridges thing a little unsatisfactory. The more the series went on, the more I wanted to see Gilda and Dash (and Pinkie as an added bonus) reconcile. After all she was a significant part of RD's past and it does make me sad to see that relationship come to a harsh end.

I don't mind seeing villains redeem themselves especially when they have to earn their happy endings. My 3-year old daughter absolutely LOVES Discord and refers to the two Equestria Girls movies as "The One Where Sunset Shimmer is Bad/Good"

Edited by Cyanna

Two week hiatus is going to stink, I can't wait for the 100th episode and background ponies!

Well, at least it's not waiting for a whole new season to start, so that's a plus. ^^;

I really liked the Gilda episode. I think it's probably my favorite one that I've seen so far, though I'm having trouble finding the 'tanks for the memories' episode on youtube. dry.gif

I can't believe we're at 100 episodes. This is so awesome. I wonder what the writer's have in store for it? What will it be about? What characters will be run into? Will there be a villain? A major plot revealed for the season? Will we see more old faces return? Which of the mane six will it focus on? I'm getting excited. biggrin.gif

Also, I had been waiting for Gilda to make her return. I pretty much have no tolerance for bullies, but I really really like her. And seeing her as a little griffling was simply adorable. wub.gif

Oh man, I'm watching the 100th episode right now and it's killing me. In a good way. A+

Dearies, I don't know about you guys, but... this is something good awesome to watch while waiting for next episodes.

Why? Lullaby for a Princess Animation being finished is enough of a reason to go and watch it! At least for me the wait for it to be finished was... totally worth it. wub.gif

Well, at least it's not waiting for a whole new season to start, so that's a plus. ^^;

I really liked the Gilda episode. I think it's probably my favorite one that I've seen so far, though I'm having trouble finding the 'tanks for the memories' episode on youtube.  dry.gif

I can't believe we're at 100 episodes. This is so awesome. I wonder what the writer's have in store for it? What will it be about? What characters will be run into? Will there be a villain? A major plot revealed for the season? Will we see more old faces return? Which of the mane six will it focus on? I'm getting excited.  biggrin.gif

Also, I had been waiting for Gilda to make her return. I pretty much have no tolerance for bullies, but I really really like her. And seeing her as a little griffling was simply adorable. wub.gif

Well, if you want to find ANY MLP episode on Youtube without problems just look up reactions to the episode you wanna see!

If you can get past the person actually reacting to it ('cause that's what the video is about), or you don't mind someone talking over at some points, then it should be fine. Plus the audio isn't changed, but the video is flipped on several reactions (I even saw that one inputs a 'montage intro' of what's in the episode in place of the usual opening).

Hope this helps~

And yea, Do like Gilda~ I feel so bad for her, because I understand growing up a shy & kind kid but then becoming mean as I grew up. unsure.gif But now I'm not that mean anymore as I have a real friend (like an IRL friend that I met face-to-face and regularly talk to over Facebook). Plus, she's SO cute~ <3

The 100th episode was awesome~ There was the....

(SPOILERS)

Donkey couple who was having a wedding, and everyone else is trying to fix the whole thing. There's also Derpy & Dr Whooves, the Big Lebowski ponies at the bowling place, Vinyl and Octavia making a sick beat, Lyra & BobBon being generally cute, and even the serpent dragon from the 2nd episode of Season one! There's other ones that show up too, but I don't know some of their names and they only get a small scene (mostly with no lines).

I tried to leave out some big stuff, so I hope it didn't take away the experience for anyone~ blink.gif

Edited by Yandere_Blood18

Dearies, I don't know about you guys, but... this is something good awesome to watch while waiting for next episodes.

Why? Lullaby for a Princess Animation being finished is enough of a reason to go and watch it! At least for me the wait for it to be finished was... totally worth it. wub.gif

I can't watch that.....I just cry every time (good thing I have slight allergies otherwise my mom would be worried at why I was crying/sniffling).

I feel so bad for Celestia now! sad.gif

...it's still a thing?

Why is this still a thing?

The question is not WHY is it a thing, but HOW.

If you don't know what I mean, then you'll have to find it out for yourself.... blink.gif

I haven't seen the new episode yet, because I wasn't sure if it was this week or next, but I have watched that video and oh my gosh. There really are no words that can do it full justice. It's so beautiful, so amazing, so....perfect. wub.gif It earns a spot right up there with "Children of the Night" which is also equally amazing.

@Yandere_Blood18 - The problem with reaction videos is that the person reviewing them often ruins the good moments in the episodes. They give away things right before they happen, robbing me of the surprise and the enjoyment of it. I tried it once before during season 3 or 4 and it didn't go well.

I do know of one channel that uploads the episode so I'll wait until they upload this one to watch it. Thanks for the advice though, I appreciate it none the less. happy.gif

Edited by Syiren