7sharps

My Little Pony

God spikes song, I've heard some horrific tunes (mainly from myself) but my god, I could not watch the show during that scene. Gah it burns the inside of my heart at the memory. Still I like how spike finally gets an episode that acknowledges how much he has actually done (that isn't purely from something he has done that episode). My only real complaint is the fact that they centered it around him, I think most people were hoping to actually see more of the games... and come on spike was being whiny. Who the hell would complain that someone saved them from major embarrassment in front of a crowd of THOUSANDS!!!

Most positive moment of the whole ep was pinkies "NAILED IT!!" That made the singing scene biggrin.gif

I liked this episode too, though maybe that's because I just love seeing Cadance, all the unique designs of crystal ponies, and Olympic-like events in general. I'd be over the roof for an episode consisting of nothing but the events, please and thank you. I felt bad for Spike during the song part, though he did do better than I could have under the circumstance! I definitely relate to the lesson of the episode.

I've heard some horrific tunes (mainly from myself)

Oh, exactly! Sometimes I amaze myself with my utter lack of singing ability.

I wouldn't mind an episode that covered just the events.

There have been separate episodes that covered two different views of the same time point before.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Just_for_Sidekicks

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Games_Ponies_Play

(Ironically one of those is getting the Crystal Empire to host the games)

But alas, not unless they add it to season 5.

So the speculation for the season finale (this weekend!) is that they're bringing back a gen 1 villain. I think it'd be a cool homage to the original, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it turned out to be a new villain.

I watched FiM up till S4, then I stopped watching

Seasons 1&2 are the best imho, but the show seems like it has just become fanservice

I haven't been able to watch much of MLP lately. I missed most of season 4, but I managed to find the episode of FlutterBat. Seriously, whose epic idea was that! I remember back in Season 3 there was rumor that she'd be turned into a dragon. This is so much better! Easily added to my top favs list. Right up there with Sonic Rainboom, Cutie Mark Chronicles, Nightmare Night, Mare Do Well, and that episode where Rainbow Dash went to the Wonderbolts Academy. (I forget the title of that one)

Huzzah! A pony thread! ^.^ A place where I can actually fit right in! Luna is best princess! Down with Sunbutt! Edited by SapphireConstella

I think twilights better than luna, and cadence... those two have actually done something important, but yeah Celestia sucks!

I wouldn't say Luna is the 'best' princess, but she is certainly the most adorable.

Princess Luna definitely has the best holiday, but I can't choose between Luna or Cadence as my favorite princess.

Cadence is definitely my favorite alicorn. She seems like a character I would dislike, being a pretty pink pony princess whose special talent is spreading love, but oh well. I think it might have something to do with the fact that Chrysalis is my favorite villain and This Day Aria is my favorite song of the entire series... so Cadence becomes awesome by default. x3

I did just see a clip of a song from the finale on TV Guide, and man I really like it. Dem princesses giving me feels. But yeah. This'll be interesting, including the old villain for the finale.

Edited by Dimar

Luna has always been my favorite. She's hilarious in the comics too. (There's an upcoming Friends Forever comic where she's paired with Pinkie Pie. That one should be good. Though I'm really looking forward to Rainbow Dash and Trixie's comic)

Oh man that's really cool that people were right that the villain is a G1 villain. What a cool thing for them to do.

I wonder if Firefly will return?

Preview of Tirek if anyone hasn't seen it

That's actually pretty creepy for the series.

This is just the season 4 finale and not the series finale right?

Yep, just the season 4 finale. Season 5 has recently been confirmed for 2015 (or late 2014?).

There's also rumor they're renewing for Season 6 as well.

Also there's the whole Rainbow Rocks thing.... Equestria girls was.... strange. But not as bad as I expected. We'll see how Rainbow Rocks goes....

oh my god. Tirek.

FLIPPING TIREK.

JUST YES.

And that preview holy carp, that was dark and creepy and I LOVE when things go that way! Ooh and if Discord is going to be a part of it... Discord and Tirek interaction ohyeshyeshyesh.

I skimmed the posts here since the beginning of April, and I don't think I've seen this promo posted yet:

(It's not about Rainbow Rocks)

Eh? Eh? It sounds super awesome!

"Huh. Another spinoff? Ooh. Ooh! OOH! OOH OOH- Dammit."

Edited by dirtytabs

So are the episodes this weekend a double bill? Or will they be split up?

Ah good happy.gif

But that also means there will be an extra ponieless week...

Yep, just the season 4 finale. Season 5 has recently been confirmed for 2015 (or late 2014?).

Oh good. I was starting to get a bit worried there. happy.gif I also hope that the rumor for a 6th season is true.

If they are bringing one of the G1 villains back I wonder if they'd think about bring the Sea Ponies back? I mean, they've created how many new species in this series? The changlings were my favorite group of villains.

It'd be nice to see more of King Zombra, since we really didn't get to see much of his character other than He ruled the Crystal Empire with an iron hoof, but not really getting much into his actual character. Habits, pet peeves, favorite pass time, we don't have a clue what those are.

Queen Chrysalis was awesome and definitely one of my favorite villains. Discord is always a laugh (and the fact that I can't look at Colonel Frank Simmons from Stargate SG-1 w the same way again). Nightmare Moon is always awesome and a great villain for some good fanfics.

I think that's every main villain, with the exception of this new/old villain. I never really watched the original series. All I know was that Applejack is one of the originals from the first generation. Not sure if the others were also from G1. (I know, I need to do my research. TT^TT)

Warning: Massive Spoilers ahead!

Holy, Now THAT was a season finale! Wow that was really good. Tirek was totally awesome. The destruction and the RAWR. Tirek is now one of my favorite villains of the series. He was truly flat out evil. I really just don't have anything bad to say about the finale.

Everyone gets a throne (including Spike) but they didn't all have to be alicorns (though alicorn Discord would have been funny). It was cool that Discord was the one to give Twilight the key.

Rainbow power was temporary, All the alicorn magic Twilight was temporary, Everyone lives, Tirek has to be Rafiki again. Discord learned a lesson, etc.

Oh and the all four princess song was good too!

Although, I saw it pointed out. They did all that prep "Don't let him find out there is a fourth princess" and then they forget the stained glass window. It's like, really?

What's really crazy, is this all happened when Cerberus left his post in "It's About Time" when Twilight was freaking about the future.

And as Celestia said, Tirek escaped because Cerberus left, in that episode back in season 2. Insane.

---

(My previous post now, I just wanted to bump the thread without double posting haha)

If they are bringing one of the G1 villains back I wonder if they'd think about bring the Sea Ponies back?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013112..._13_cover_B.png

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013122...Front_Cover.jpg

(They're referred to as Mermares in the comics)

From what I understand the comics are canon until something in the show says otherwise.

There's also this children's picture book which stars the Mane Six and Spike:

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Under..._pr_product_top

King Sombra was recently in one of the Friends Forever comics as a flashback.

The current main series story arc has a (spoilers if you plan on reading the comics) parallel world King Sombra who is the King of Equestria and good.

(Celestia and Luna have parallel world counterparts and they are definitely not good)[/color

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Oh my god.

I totally didn't cry for Discord near the end there, nope.

And that Tirek/Twilight battle just blows the Celestia/Luna one from the premiere away, that was simply amazing.

Favorite finale.

Discord was great. He totally redeemed himself. He'll earn his throne eventually!

It was really sweet of Twilight to ask for his release as well (especially since he had her key) and for everyone to forgive him. Great friendship.

Yes that battle was epic. Twilight really came through.

Also it's cool that Tirek was defeated with a rainbow, that's how he was defeated in Gen 1. Great nod to the original!

/stares forlornly at Youtube because the Hub streaming apparently does not show up for Canadians :c

I am so excited for this finale, and the spoilers just make it sound even more awesome xd.png And I have to admit-- while the most exposure I had to MLP before G4 were some G3 picture books my brother owned, I really love the fact that they brought back one of the original villains :> With so much of the fandom seeming to completely disown anything before FiM, it's good to see it get some love.

At least Luna finally had a singing part.

I absolutely loved the fight scene between Twilight Sparkle and Tirek. It quickly became one of my favorite episodes because of it