7sharps

My Little Pony

Haha yes, I love the references in the IDW comics. This months has a pony that is the GoT lady with the dragons. She has the dragon egg as a cutie mark and everything.

Seriously the comics are some of the most fantastic FiM material ever. I wish they were sold in more places so you guys could get a hold of them.

As for princesses

Cadence actually had a short (kids) novel (ok it was totally on amazon as an ebook and like, I had money and..... it just magically appeared on my kindle :'D) that explained how she became a princess, and yes she was a lot like Twilight that she wrote new magic and gained her wings.

And like I said, I was originally opposed to Princess Twilight because I thought it would negatively effect her character, but luckily I have been pleasantly surprised that she has just been the same Twilight as ever.

(Although the next episode, Twilight Time, will be about Twilight being a princess - The CMC try to use her as a status boost according to the episode preview)

Ooh, thanks for the link teslakana! I'll make sure to read more of it when I'm not buried under homework. References ftw

Yes, the comics are FANTASTIC! I'm just a bit sad that I can't get them in physical print form, since I prefer to read things on paper instead of digital (I've been downloading them). There is a comic store near my campus but I didn't find any issues there. Maybe I should take another look...

That's interesting about Cadance. I must admit that I don't keep up with much of the kids merchandise, so thanks for sharing!

I just treat them as short stories and read them for some more of the story xd.png

(This particular one was "My Little Pony: Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell")

Here's the page I was talking about with GoT, Voldemort, Snoopy, Loki references

(linked for bigness)

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o798/f...119255760_n.jpg

Luckily we have a Hastings that carries the comics and have been good about keeping them stocked (which means apparently I'm not the only one who buys them in town xd.png)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I really enjoyed the latest episode. None of the ponies seemed too out of character except for Pinkie Pie, but the others seem to acknowledge this and reacted accordingly. I loved the little moment where Rarity smacked her with the rolled up flyer xd.png

I personally support the theory that there has been a line of pony princesses, with each ruler or rulers chosing their successors when they feel it is time for them to retire. Celestia once said to Luna that they were meant to 'rule together'. I took this to mean they were both chosen to succeed whoever ruled before them.

It's already been said that Twilight will not out live her friends. This either means she will not live/rule for as long as Celestia has, or that the other five will become princesses too and they will rule jointly.

If we operate under the assumption that Twilight is Celestia's heir (is a thousand years the usual length of time a princess rules? Or is this just how long it took Celestia to find a suitable sucessor?) then what about Cadance? Yes she is currently in charge of the Crystal Kingdom, but is this a seperate kingdom entirely or a part of Equestria? Is she just a 'minor' princess that has been assigned to watch over the crystal ponies or is there some kind of plan in place?

LOVED this last episode. Finally a Fluttershy episode that really did her character justice. Cowardice is not the same as a Social Phobia and the previous episodes REALLY didn't get this. But, this one was spot on. They really handled everything perfectly, especially the last part where she wasn't just magically cured of her phobia but said she was working to improve herself. YES YES YES.

Pinkie Pie WAS obnoxious this episode. And not just obnoxious but mean spirited. Which is completely against what we just seen in Pinkie Pride. But, I can forgive that little issue for the very well written episode that surrounded SOCIAL PHOBIA. I can't even believe a MLP episode would tackle that so well.

One of my favorite parts has to go to when Applejack basically said the plot. That was great. And the short Zecora moment. I always love when Zecora appears.

Pinkie Pie WAS obnoxious this episode. And not just obnoxious but mean spirited. Which is completely against what we just seen in Pinkie Pride. But, I can forgive that little issue for the very well written episode that surrounded SOCIAL PHOBIA. I can't even believe a MLP episode would tackle that so well.

According to the writer, she didn't have her filter on that day. D:

Also, there was a bit in... I think Dragonshy or another early episode wherein Pinkie disrupts Rainbow Dash's record attempt for the funsies.

Here's the page I was talking about with GoT, Voldemort, Snoopy, Loki references

(linked for bigness)

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o798/f...119255760_n.jpg

Plus The Jungle Book and ...Narnia(?), I see. biggrin.gif

Edited by dirtytabs

According to the writer, she didn't have her filter on that day. D:

Also, there was a bit in... I think Dragonshy or another early episode wherein Pinkie disrupts Rainbow Dash's record attempt for the funsies.

But, we seen Pinkie have an epiphany, forfeit a "Goof Off" and start to self-exile herself simply because Rainbow Dash had a annoyed/bored look on her face. But, Fluttershy starts bawling her eyes out not just once but TWICE and Pinkie Pie doesn't even seem to care and just continues? I could have forgiven it if she wasn't facing towards Fluttershy, if she was saying this stuff without seeing what the effect was. But, she was looking DIRECTLY at Fluttershy. It just seemed really, really, REALLY mean spirited. Complete opposite of the "Element of Laughter". (I can't remember Dragonshy, so i'll have to go back and watch it again sometime)

Edited by MysticTiger

Yeah, I agree, they really haven't done Pinkie much justice this season at all. I don't even think no filter on can explain why Pinkie would do that to Fluttershy. =\

However, I liked the ep overall. It was a fun one. And we got Flutterguy back, lol!

Flutterguy is great. I'm glad they brought back the voice. :3

I liked the episode overall too. It's just those scenes that bothered me. I thought Pinkie Pride did Pinkie's character perfectly. Much like how this episode did justice to Fluttershy's character (Again, Social Phobia DOES NOT equal overall cowardice).

This season has not gone well, IMO. What's going on with Pinkie? She used to be my favourite pony, but now she was being kinda... ew.

Just realized this may be the only good place to ask this without getting dogpiled...

Like I said before, I'm not really a fan of Friendship is Magic, but I have watched it a few times and the internet has rubbed off its FiM knowledge on me so I'm aware of a lot of the memes, side characters, etc. I do like some of the more minor characters in the series, and my favorite by far is Snails - but he seems to be one of the only outright HATED characters in the series, at least from the reactions I've seen elsewhere. Why is this? I think he's hilarious and his design is great. I love yellow ponies & snails, not to mention stupid characters, so he's like the perfect pony to me. But I seem to be one of the only people that loves him. Can someone in the fandom explain why? Or is it just one of those 'fandom vitriol' things that has no explanation?

(edited for spelling)

Edited by Koroshiya-Ichi

Just realized this may be the only good place to ask this without getting dogpiled...

Like I said before, I'm not really a fan of Friendship is Magic, but I have watched it a few times and the internet has rubbed off its FiM knowledge on me so I'm aware of a lot of the memes, side characters, etc. I do like some of the more minor characters in the series, and my favorite by far is Snails - but he seems to be one of the only outright HATED characters in the series, at least from the reactions I've seen elsewhere. Why is this? I think he's hilaious and his design is great. I love yellow ponies & snails, not to mention stupid characters, so he's like the perfect pony to me. But I seem to be one of the only people that loves him. Can someone in the fandom explain why? Or is it just one of those 'fandom vitriol' things that has no explanation?

People hate him? Really? Since when? I love him <3 Personally I think he's a cutie pie and really funny too xd.png

Hmm, I'm one of those who don't like him (or Snips, for that matter). I don't violently HATE him though, which it sounds like you've observed.

I can't really speak for the rest of the fandom as a whole, since I'm not a member of any brony forums and therefore don't communicate much with other fans. I kinda do my own thing with my friends. Maybe it's vitriol? I have no idea. Personally, he's just not the type of character I usually like. I'm generally not a fan of "stupid characters" as you stated, and I have a very particular sense of humor. But he sounds like a good fit for your likes, and that's great! Everypony needs a bit of love. happy.gif

It really depends on what part of the fandom you're looking at. Really, the only outright hate I've seen at any part of the show is probably directed towards Equestria Girls. Very rarely do I see character hate except in the YouTube comment section when there's a battle about who's "best pony". Hate for Snips/Snails is a new thing I've never heard of/seen.

///

I think this season has been hit or miss. We've gotten some great episodes like Power Ponies, Pinkie Pride, Filli Vanilli and Rarity takes Manehattan. And then we've gotten some really terrible episodes like Daring Don't and Three's a Crowd. Not to mention, Princess Twilight Sparkle Part 1 and 2 were full of good ideas that were executed absolutely horrendously.

The theme this season tends to be "Good Ideas done Horribly". All the episodes that I thought were boring or bad could have easily been saved if they just wrote it a different way or changed some things up. The good episodes, though, have been good. And some of the upcoming episodes sound great like Sweetie Bell having Luna visit her in her dreams after she purposefully screws up Rarity's costumes and the return of the Flim Flam Brothers. However, i'm holding out judgement because, again, good ideas done horribly.

This episode was all around average in my opinion. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't spectacular.

I did laugh at what appeared to be a Walking Dead nod (especially where their facebook said something like "Zombie ponies?") where the fillies were drooling and pressing against the fence trying to knock it down.

I would love to see the CMC actually get cutie marks soon. They have been doing a lot of skills and been improving.

I agree, this episode wasn't bad but it wasn't spectacular. The overall idea was nice and it wasn't exactly executed poorly, but it's so Cliché that you knew where it was going the entire time which led to a real non-climatic ending. I was really glad to get this glimpse of Twilight as a Princess, though. A Princess of Learning and Teaching is really neat. I hope they go into this further.

Pipsqueak is adorable! I'm glad he's back. Although i'm not sure why he was part of the group freaking out about Princess Twilight since, you know, Princess Luna but I was still glad to see the little guy.

Seeing the CMC actually learning new skills instead of screwing up like they generally do outside of their own skill set (which they STILL haven't realized... come on now) was really nice. Although, I agree it's about time for Cutie Marks.

Next Episode is a Fluttershy episode! Bring it on!

I suspect the next episode is Fluttershy's key episode by the description.

Basically the Breezies will be testing Fluttershy's kindness by all their demands. Fluttershy will probably do everything they need until she comes to a snapping point and does something unkind and then makes a realization of what she did was wrong, then sorts things out by being kind but without being walked over.

I suspect the next episode is Fluttershy's key episode by the description.

Basically the Breezies will be testing Fluttershy's kindness by all their demands. Fluttershy will probably do everything they need until she comes to a snapping point and does something unkind and then makes a realization of what she did was wrong, then sorts things out by being kind but without being walked over.

Wasn't that what basically happened in the iron will episode? Or at least to stand up for herself instead of being a 'doormat'.

Okay, this wasn't the strongest episode of the series but I still rather liked it. More interested in next week's episode though.

Upon further thought, I found Twilight Time to be almost as forgettable as Three's a Crowd. Again, I woke up the next morning thinking, "Huh, what was that last episode about again?". It wasn't as bad as Three's a Crowd in terms of forgetability, but it just didn't leave an impact on me as much as other episodes.

Yeh, last episode was not my favorite, nothing really stood out. Although in Twilight's house I saw a poster of that box, not sure if anyone else noticed it.

Honestly I can't remember much about that episode (as stated).

Like I said, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either. Just a solid average.

So I still suspect the next episode to be Fluttershy's key episode. Based on episode descriptions here I suspect episode 20 (Leap of Faith) will be Applejack's key episode.

Twilight Sparkle will probably be the last to get her key, and I wouldn't be surprised if she obtains it during the (most likely) 2 part season finale during the middle of some crisis or something

Oops, late with my opinion! I quite enjoyed Twilight Time. Not amazing enough to be my favorite of the season, but I definitely liked it. I really liked Twilight's attitude... though I hope the CMC get their cutie marks soon.

So many ponies are making duckfaces this season, wow.

Although in Twilight's house I saw a poster of that box, not sure if anyone else noticed it.

Yep, looks like Twilight's been studying it. Typical of her. laugh.gif