7sharps

My Little Pony

I thought this was a pretty good episode though I had some complaints.

First of all it was great to see a new city. Second, I was happy for a Rarity episode and to see she can be generous (and it all worked out for the best). It was great she learned a good lesson, and cute that she has threads for the tail colors of all her friends and now a rainbow dash one.

Also, there was a pony with a grumpy cat cutie mark and I laughed over that. (I also think I saw Derpy pulling a taxi in the background)

My major complaint is the copycat pony never appeared to get in trouble for stealing/lying about original design and then lying to Rarity about who won. I know everything worked out for Rarity in the end, but I just felt a little miffed that the copycat pony just got away with it.

Don't you think it's strange that twilight is treated like any other pony xd.png she's an alicorn and yet, all the other ponies treat her no differnt. I would expect that from her friends but not everypony else. They tried getting a taxi for the latest episode and oh look, it's princess twilight, that makes her friend important so they get first ride (not). I still hope they somehow incorporate that into the show, it's been rather visual for the most part and hasn't seemed to have that big an impact for season 4. Not sure if that's good or bad though xd.png.

This episode was good I guess, I'll have to rewatch it. My family just would not shut up so I could hear...

Edited by draganot

My major complaint is the copycat pony never appeared to get in trouble for stealing/lying about original design and then lying to Rarity about who won. I know everything worked out for Rarity in the end, but I just felt a little miffed that the copycat pony just got away with it.

I got the impression that Suri's apprentice Cocoa did all the actual work and she just took the credit. If that is truely the case then with Cocoa quitting she won't have anything to show off in future, unless she finds some one else she can rip off.

I get the impression that the Ponyville ponies understand that Twilight just wants to be treated like she was before. They might tend to be a bit more respectful, but they'll probably just act like they always did around her.

As for other ponies, like those in Manehattan, I wonder if they are just too self absorbed to notice. Twilight doesn't travel with a guard (I doubt her friends count) or anything of the flashy stuff most ponies might associate with a princess, like her crown. She's also regular pony size so she doesn't stick out a lot from a distance like Celestia would. Chances are any strange pony that talks to her simply doesn't notice that she has both wings and a horn, making her a princess.

That's true about the assistant. I still wish it had been slightly more obvious. I just wanted it to be clear for kids watching that Suri was truly ruined by lying. I dunno though, maybe kids are a little more observant than a half-asleep college student xd.png

I'm kind of glad the princess thing has been downplayed. That was my concern was that they'd make her super special la-de-da, but overall she actually hasn't been the main focus in many of the episodes other than the first two part episode. They've really been focusing on the other five of the mane six (and one spike episode and one CMC episode) which is nice. And combinations of two of them.

Next week is a pinkie pie/apple jack episode. That will be (hopefully) interesting.

Don't you think it's strange that twilight is treated like any other pony xd.png she's an alicorn and yet, all the other ponies treat her no differnt. I would expect that from her friends but not everypony else. They tried getting a taxi for the latest episode and oh look, it's princess twilight, that makes her friend important so they get first ride (not). I still hope they somehow incorporate that into the show, it's been rather visual for the most part and hasn't seemed to have that big an impact for season 4. Not sure if that's good or bad though xd.png.

This episode was good I guess, I'll have to rewatch it. My family just would not shut up so I could hear...

I noticed that too. I just stared at the tv when that happened xd.png

Also, there was a pony with a grumpy cat cutie mark and I laughed over that. (I also think I saw Derpy pulling a taxi in the background)

Pfft. I'd never have noticed that if my friend Tam hadn't pointed it out. I was laughing my butt off at that xd.png

Edited by animals4501

Apparently that pony was in a promo so here it is -

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2014..._Grumpy_Cat.png

I'd need to see the episode again to find Derpy.

Also, best quote from Rainbow Dash

" Ponies just bursting into song in random places at the drop of a hat? Who does that?! "

And then Rarity starts singing xd.png

Loved it.

One last thing, on Meghan McCarthy's twitter - https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy

She says

"Wonder what was up with that spool of thread. ;-)"

Think it's one of the keys? (In disguise?)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I'd need to see the episode again to find Derpy.

Also, best quote from Rainbow Dash

" Ponies just bursting into song in random places at the drop of a hat? Who does that?! "

And then Rarity starts singing xd.png

Loved it.

Ah, I tried to help find it since I thought I saw Derpy too. But then I went back and watched in slow-mo, and it wasn't her. Oops, I guess I'll wait for someone else to find her. >.<

Oh no, Rainbow's becoming self-aware! laugh.gif Seriously though, I loved that line too and it definitely made me laugh. Also Rarity's sarcastic "CONGRATU-PONY-LATIONS!" and "ISN'T FRIENDSHIP MAGIC?!". Yes I like angry quotes and lol, "pony" being used instead of an expletive.

Yes Rarity was great in this episode. I love her melt-downs :'D (because they always end up ok)

So more theories. Someone pointed out, the rainbow thread sparkled and the writer has hinted it's important.

But, it was also pointed out that Fluttershy's fang sparkled too.

Maybe both of those are secretly keys? From the theory I saw, these both represent the elements of the ponies. (Fluttershy was kind to the bats, Rarity was generous to Coco)

I'd like to hope at least that the overall "plot" is going to be working out.

EDIT: Aw looks like I mistook a tail for a wing and hoped it was Derpy. Alas, try for another episode.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

"ISN'T FRIENDSHIP, MAGIC??!!?" is the best title drop in the history of title drops.

This episode had some legitimate laughs in it. And I loved that the song got a Reprise. A LEGITIMATE reprise, unlike This Day Aria. Although, Rarity's singing voice was COMPLETELY different from last episode's voice, which was kind of distracting.

Overall, I LOVED this episode. Sure, it didn't really show off the other ponies, but that didn't matter to me, honestly. This episode was so well written that it didn't feel like they shoved them off in the corner like normal. The Generosity Gift that shimmered at the end seemed like the "key" to me. wink.gif

I also found it funny that PRINCESS Twilight wasn't good enough to hijack a Taxi in Manehattan. These ponies don't care that you're a Princess.

I want Grumpy Cat to be my Cutie Mark. That's amazing.

Also, has anyone noticed the Pony-Centric Pattern with the episodes? And their overall theme? Maybe this is when they're all getting their keys.

Episode 7- Bats! - Fluttershy (Kindness)

Episode 8- Rarity takes Manehattan - Rarity (Generosity)

Episode 9- Pinkie Apple Pie - Pinkie Pie

Episode 10- Rainbow Falls - Rainbow Dash

Edited by MysticTiger

Three's a crowd is a Twilight episode though (maybe her key?)

The others I would agree with being a possibility. (though pinkie pie might get hers in Pinkie Pride with the Weird Al pony conflict)

Though, this is actually a 26 episode season, and we only have the titles for 12 of them so there's actually all kinds of room for them to get keys here and there.

And yes, Rarity had some of the best lines, ever, during her rant.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Also Rarity's sarcastic "CONGRATU-PONY-LATIONS!" and "ISN'T FRIENDSHIP MAGIC?!". Yes I like angry quotes and lol, "pony" being used instead of an expletive.

Suddenly popping in to say that this was my favorite part of the entire episode. laugh.gif

Rarity has been my second favourite pony (after Fluttershy) since A Dog and Pony Show. Whenever there is a show focused on her I am not dissapointed happy.gif

I love MLP. I was not too keen on it first but I decided to give it a try back in 2011, and I got hooked instantly.

And then I got my friends hooked. Before I showed them the magic, they thought I was weird.

Now we have this little thing going between all of us, which person is which pony. They've dubbed me Rainbow Dash.

I also loved the most recent episode! Nice to see Rarity showing her element biggrin.gif

'Nother brony (or "pegasister", but ugh...) reporting for duty! biggrin.gif

Got into the show around the middle of season two, about the time "Hearts and Hooves Day" leaked, but I didn't start getting involved with the community till last February.

Favourite pony: Fluttershy, though Rarity and Applejack are close seconds.

Really liked "Rarity Takes Manehatten". Can't believe we had to wait so long for it, but I certainly think it was worth it. I hope we get a few more episodes set in Manehatten, too - maybe a CMC ep there featuring Babs? (Though I think it's been mentioned she won't show up in S4, sadly.) Something I thought was interesting was the mention of Rarity possibly staying in the city for a while. I know it was dropped within about a twentieth of a nanosecond as soon as Coco came along, but the fact that it was even teased kind of makes me want to see where they would go with it.

Edited by Cendaquenta

Three's a crowd is a Twilight episode though (maybe her key?)

Oops. I must have the wrong information. I was told Applejack had a rival to beat in this episode. Must be a different one.

Well I did like this episode, Pinkie seemed to be Pinkie again. Wasn't my favorite episode but it wasn't bad. I liked that it never gave a definite answer to whether Pinkie was truly family or not.

Though the song was very weak. I think they just tried with too many songs in this season. If they had done one or two and spent some time on making them better maybe it would have been ok.

Oh my gosh though Goldie's cats and the hoarding were freaky. Especially the part where the cat is standing there and she blows on it and it just disintegrates. I was like, oh, my gosh, they did not just put that in a kid's cartoon. D:

I'm interested to see the upcoming episode (in a couple weeks) It ain't easy being Breezies. Will probably introduce a new type of pony

In the previous third generation line of the My Little Pony brand, Breezies, or Breezie Ponies, refers to a fairy-like class of ponies that are small in size and sport butterfly antennae and wings.

I'd also like them to introduce the Mermares to show canon. They made an appearance in the comic series and they were in that book that had the mane six in it. But it would be nice to see them actually in the show.

Also, so I bought the Chinese New Year Pinkie Pie toy because I'm year of the horse so I thought it would be cute to have. Well I didn't realize just how HUGE it was. Pinkie is 8 inches high. I was like, wow, I have no idea where to put this!

So now she's at the top of my closet. But still in the box (because the box is gorgeous).

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I'd disagree about this song being weak. I thought it was fun and catchy. Also, Big Mac was singing which was awesome! I always thought the Bats song was the weakest of this season so far.

I was surprised this was less about Pinkie and more the Apple family. It was an overall good episode. I didn't find anything outright wrong with it, but it isn't an episode that would stand out as a great episode either. The moral was one of the better of this season, though.

The dust cat was slightly disturbing. If it was a joke, I didn't find it funny. The apple-licious thing was a cute fan shoutout.

Overall, this episode is meh.

I didn't know about the Chinese New Year Pony! OMG I WANT. Hopefully they'll still have them in stock when I get my tax return. Maybe i'll bring her downtown for the Lunar New Year Festival if I get her in time. I wish they would have chose a different pony, though. Fluttershy or Twilight would have been better. Actually, Rarity would have made the most sense and probably looked great too!

Edited by MysticTiger

Well I did like this episode, Pinkie seemed to be Pinkie again. Wasn't my favorite episode but it wasn't bad. I liked that it never gave a definite answer to whether Pinkie was truly family or not.

Same here, especially the indefinite answer part. I was glad to see more Big Mac, and I enjoyed lots of the jokes/gags. Pinkie's tail is becoming more versatile, wow- like when she took the picture at the end.

Am the only one who wasn't bothered by the dust cat? I was actually amused that Goldie was a crazy cat woman and a hoarder. It made sense that a "dust bunny" was a "dust kitty". o_O

I was really cringing when I watched it. The voices seemed different- as if everyone had just gone through puberty. I'm not sure if the video was messed up, but this episode still wasn't my favorite.

Bats! Appealed to me more because VAMPIRE FLUTTERBAT ASDFGH user posted image

Did you watch it online? People who upload have to change the pitches of the voice to avoid copyright infringement.

It sounded ok aired on TV.

I agree at least that the song was better than the bats song. I listened to it again and my opinion of it raised slightly, still just wasn't my taste.

And yes, I think Rarity would have been the best pony for the Chinese New Year pony. The red and gold of the outfit would go better with her colors. But I do understand Pinkie as the choice since she's the party pony and the Lunar Festival is a celebration.

Did you watch it online? People who upload have to change the pitches of the voice to avoid copyright infringement.

And yes, I think Rarity would have been the best pony for the Chinese New Year pony. The red and gold of the outfit would go better with her colors. But I do understand Pinkie as the choice since she's the party pony and the Lunar Festival is a celebration.

I'd say that was the problem. I watched it online and it sounded fine, but I know a lot of things recently had to be pitch-changed to avoid the copyright bot. Which is sad considering Hasbro HAS to know the show has more fans BECAUSE of the online availability.

I think they just use Pinkie the most in MLP: FiM products because she's pink. You know, the "Pink Aisle" syndrome. Companies think girls won't buy something unless it's pink. Everything has Pinkie Pie. The ones I see the least are Rarity and Fluttershy. It's less about character personality and more about marketability. I just wish, for something like this which is clearly a collector's item, they would have done it differently.