7sharps

My Little Pony

Now I have a question, and I don't mind if you shoot my idea down, that's what fanfictions are for.

How much do you like the idea of a talking deer to be on the show? I decided to create one when they first introduced Zecora onto the show. If they had zebras on the show, why not a deer too? Any thoughts on this?

I want to say I've seen a few deer before that people have made, I think? I don't think it's outlandish to make any! Heck, for my mane six, I have a young minotaur who is the son of Iron Will and even created a species of sirens (mine is named Feathersong). Basically the sirens are bird like creatures with powerful tails for swimming (Feathersong has a shark tail, but I imagine they could also have something like a dolphin tail) that sing beautiful songs. Their singing is so beautiful that it happens to put other nearby creatures in a trance and the sirens end up accidentally luring in said creatures to their doom.

I also have an Ahuizotl pup, and one of my friends made a female donkey character. I don't think anyone is going to get mad for someone making a deer. Actually, it sounds like a great idea and I kind of want to make one, too. o3o

(and yes, if anyone else feels like having a siren character, or even make their own version of a siren-like creature, go ahead, I don't care. It's not like there's a canon design or anything. :P)

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I'm trying to get mine on the show (but I have no idea where to start). Her name is Dewdrop for obvious reasons:

Dewdrop

Pudding gets credit for drawing her; I'm drawing my own pictures of her (can't really get them on the internet as they are hand drawn) but her backstory is one heck of a backstory ^^

Oh my gosh. The latest arc in the comics just ended (reflections) and Celestia has gone in my awesome book.

(This arc actually fleshed her out from her "perfect in everything I do" attitude they give her in the show)

I don't even care if the comics are canon or not with the show, but battle FIRE Celestia is amazing.

user posted image

user posted image

(Although looking at this, there is a mistake in the first panel I showed. Celestia's evil counterpart should have a black sun ringed by orange fire cutie mark. They forgot to color it in)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Oh my gosh. The latest arc in the comics just ended (reflections) and Celestia has gone in my awesome book.

(This arc actually fleshed her out from her "perfect in everything I do" attitude they give her in the show)

I don't even care if the comics are canon or not with the show, but battle FIRE Celestia is amazing.

user posted image

user posted image

(Although looking at this, there is a mistake in the first panel I showed. Celestia's evil counterpart should have a black sun ringed by orange fire cutie mark. They forgot to color it in)

according to the wiki, the 'Fire'-Celestia's name is 'Solar Flare'... huh.gif

Just thought I'd drop this lyric lineage here to show off. The pair do like each other, but they didn't produce on the first breeding attempt. I'm glad to finally be done with it. :3

Edited by Dimar

I don't read the comics, mostly because the nearest mall/hotopic is over two hours away. But /) anyway.

I just love Pinkie Pie! She's my favourite because she's the silliest and I can totally relate to her. I loved it when she had to take care of baby ponies that drove her crazy! Best episode ever. wub.gif

I see that one of the episodes in the new series is supposed to focus on Pinkie Pie's family. While I love Pinkie Pie, I really want to learn something about Fluttershy's parents and whether or not she has any siblings. Given their absence so far, I have come up with a few theories.

1) Fluttershy's family are Pegasus supremacists. They believe that Pegasi are the best of the three 'regular' races (baring Alicorns perhaps). They live in a Pegasus colony some distance away from Ponyville.

Being so proud of their flying abilities, they were dissapointed with Fluttershy's poor skills. They sent her to the Cloudsdale flight school either because it is simply the best one or they wanted to hide Fluttershy's bad flying from the neighbours. When Fluttershy dropped out of the flight school and started a new life in Ponyville, they were so horrified that the disowned her. A future episode might involve them making amends.

2) Fluttershy's family are Sky Pirates. They use their advantage of flight to raid land based settlements or perhaps mob smaller groups of other Pegasus. They sometimes get into fights with Wonderbolts.

Knowing Fluttershy was a poor flier but that they couldn't send her to a local school because of their criminal activities, they sent her to Cloudsdale where they are pretty much unheard of. They don't visit Fluttershy because they are either dissapointed she didn't come back to join the family business or don't want to ruin things for her when people find out about them.

3) Fluttershy's family are being held captive somewhere and she was the only one to escape. She arrived at Cloudsdale very young was was sent to live at an orphanage until she was old enough for flight school. Her poor flying stems from the trauma she witnessed getting away. Since she was so young when her family were captured/enslaved, she can't remember any of it. A future episode might involve their rescue.

user posted image

user posted image

I originally saw those comics in the library and got them for my niece and she blazed through them in like less than an hour tops. Out of curiosity I read them for myself before returning them and all I can say is, wow. they definitely add a new level of awesome into the mix.

The first one I read was the one with Nightmare Rarity and it was really awesome. I loved the dialogue between Rainbow Dash and Applejack when they were journeying to the moon on the magical rope.

Dashie: "This is awesome!"

AppleJack: "Says the pony with wings."

MLP Season 5 starts on April 4th by the way!

So I was at Planet Comicon today and Katie Cook and Andy Price who work on the comics were there...

user posted image

I had Andy Price draw me Discord

user posted image

And I had Katie Cook draw me gengar

user posted image

wub.gif

They mentioned there will be ponies of themselves in the show! So the comics are starting to merge over a little into the show. biggrin.gif

Planet Comicon is in Kansas City. Though they do go to a lot of other 'cons around the country (and occasionally the world).

I'm getting pretty psyched for the new season. They're going to some places that were only previously in the comics, and some completely new places.

This season appears to be based around cutie marks based on the synopsis for the first episode(s). So I'm interested in knowing if that means the cutie mark crusaders will be getting their cutie marks.

I can't say I'm a fan, honestly. It's not my thing.

And unfortunately, it exploded all over the internet with such intensity after it's initial release that I couldn't so much as check any site other then my Gmail Inbox without having ponies shoved down my throat.

Several of my friends started acting out of place and just generally became creepy as all hell and awkward to be around as a result of their indoctrination into the fandom, and the worst part was that back then, I lived under the same roof as my parents, with my little cousin who was frequently over there, 9 at the time, and a huge fan of the show.

I survived the poorly sung pony music, and I am so so so thankful I moved out in time to not have to bare Frozen's "Let it go".

Now, I don't judge anyone for what they like. But having it shoved in my face non-stop, that irks me.

So from the bottom of my heart, SWEET MERCIFUL HEAVENS THANK GOODNESS THE PONY CRAZE IS OVER!

Also yes, unfortunately I was peer-pressured into watching the first season. Not my thing.

Just my 0.02$

Edited by Brotato

Planet Comicon is in Kansas City. Though they do go to a lot of other 'cons around the country (and occasionally the world).

I'm getting pretty psyched for the new season. They're going to some places that were only previously in the comics, and some completely new places.

This season appears to be based around cutie marks based on the synopsis for the first episode(s). So I'm interested in knowing if that means the cutie mark crusaders will be getting their cutie marks.

I'm looking forward to the new season. I missed a lot of the last one but was able to catch up thanks to someone who gave me a link to a website where all of the episodes are listed. I still haven't watched them all, but there were some good ones.

Especially since they brought one of the original villains back from the first series. Or was it the movie? I forget. I really like how Discord's become a character that makes continued appearances instead of just his two-part Season opener. Now I can't help but laugh every time I see Simmons on Stargate SG-1. xd.png

I would like to see the CMC get their cutie marks but at the same time I don't. I mean, what would make them special then?

Trying to imagine what they would even look like is fun though.

Sweetie Belle's would probably be a golden belle with a ribbon tied at the handle.

Scootaloo's would either be something to do with her scooter or...a chicken. xd.png joking.

And Apple Bloom's would probably be her namesake with maybe something else that fits her true talent? What that is, I have no clue. It's been too long since I've actually sat down and enjoyed an episode.

But your theory about them getting their cutie marks makes sense. Because the fact to support that is in the latest DVD of episodes they released. A collection of the Cutie Mark Crusaders episodes.

So the season starts this weekend! Followed by a ponies movie from the '80s (1986 to be exact) :'D

I'm hoping for a good one, looks like they'll be going to places outside of the normal Ponyville/Canterlot area.

P.S. the newest comic miniseries, Fiendship is magic is going on right now. It has backstories on villains, 5 comics one each week of April (Sombra, Tirek, Luna while she was Nightmare Moon, The Sirens from EG but in pony/siren form still in equestria, and Chyrsalis).

Today's was about Sombra, and if the comics are considered canon to the show then, wow, seriously, I feel bad for him. D:

We really got nothing about him on the show, and the comic, if canon, fleshes out how he came to be and it's a little heartbreaking.

There's also a new princess in the comics (well, an old princess, but new to us) and I wonder if she'll ever show up in the show (likely not, but I liked her design).

It's funny you should mention about a new princess, because I've been to the toy isle recently and I keep seeing this new princess and I have no idea of what to make of her. I mean, normally I don't flock to a new princess until I learn something about them or if they have a quality or design I like.

Luna is one of if not my favorite princess because I can relate to her sooooo much it isn't funny. Both the younger sister, the older one constantly outshines the younger, everyone seems to take the eldest one's values and opinions better and holds them to higher standards, eh, I'll just sotp right there.

Then there's Cadence who totally reminds me of my sis-in-law who is totally epic and happily married to my BBBFF. (yes, I has one of those biggrin.gif )

My least favorite princess is Celestia, but I like how she's portrayed in the comics. Especially that one where she met Sombra by traveling though that mirror. That was a great story and one of my favs. smile.gif

I'm really really looking forward to what Season 5 has to offer. happy.gif

Reflections was one of the best story arcs in the comics. It was also heartbreaking at the end.

So I did remember, when I was in the MLP panel at PCC, they did mention that all of the story lines have to be approved by Hasbro. Everything, dialogue, script, art, etc. has to be approved by them before it can be written, drawn, colored, published.

So there's some degree of canon. I figure the comics are canon until the show says otherwise.

The princess in the comics is not an alicorn, she's a crystal unicorn. The ruler of the crystal empire before Sombra took over. Princess Amore

(Sorry bad cell phone picture)

user posted image

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

*headdesks*

The new series started last weekend and I totally forgot!

Gonna have to head to Youtube as soon as I get home.

Applejack plants flowers in some dirt indoors and they grow near instantly. Earth pony magic! Earth pony magic!

I thought rarity actually made the castle look good, the rest... not so much; dirt, wild animals and cannons are definite no.

Rarity has style, yes, but it still wasn't personable for Twilight. Really they just should have filled the whole darn place with books.

I was a little horrified when Applejack just brought in hay and mud. It's not like her own house as any of that on the inside, that's what the barn and yard is for.

Yeah applejack was the worst but I suppose thats why she and rarity get into so many fights.

I thought about the books too laugh.gif

To be fair the castle already has a library, so maybe cramming the rest of the castle with books might be a little overkill.

I'm a bit surprised at Rarity to be honest. As a designer she'd know that a project like this requires a bit of previous planning. You don't just throw things together and hope for the best. She should have been the first one to say 'Girls, maybe we should focus on one room each'.

Other than that, I really enjoyed that episode.

I'll give her a pass and say she was more concerned about making Twilight happy then normal design.

So I totally got my names for a litter of kittens at work drawn, so now we have a Luna, Cadence, and Celestia. They're half Scottish Fold so I imagine they're super cute.