7sharps

My Little Pony

Twilight Time quite reminded me of the old ponies (ie ponies before this season), so I liked it. Pinkie wasn't in it for long, so at least they didn't manage to butcher her character again. =p

So the latest MLP: Friends Forever comic came out, features the CMC and Discord and there was a scene in it that really cracked me up:

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o798/f...157030693_n.jpg

(linked for hugeness)

Love those types of gags xd.png

So in the comic-verse Discord is an honorary CMC now~ Perfect (and disastrous) combination.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Anyone else notice a few things are very likely to be rips outa popular fanwork? For instance, the season 4 two part features Luna's banishment. Extremely similar to the 'lullaby for a princess' anamatic. The anamatic being a considerable bit older then season 4. Or even during 'pinkie apple pie' where applebloom does the little singing on the pile of stuff they brought with them, quite obvious were they where to go with that scene if applebloom didn't drop the map. I've noticed a few others but these two stood out to me the most. Could be coincidence on the second one but the first example is just too close to be so.

Anyone else notice potential/definite rips off any popular work, fanmade or just any other stuff?

Just saw the preview clip for tomorrow's episode... and I've got to say, it's a nice little touch that everyone is being careful to speak in quiet voices, that's not something you always see with big creatures/mini creatures xd.png

I liked this episode too. I went into it hesitant about the Breezies but it wasn't bad. I just about died laughing when Doctor Whooves wearing 3D glasses trotted by with Roseluck.

Anyone else notice potential/definite rips off any popular work, fanmade or just any other stuff?

I don't think I'd call them rip-offs, but fan service definitely. Especially with the Apple Bloom thing; I feel like that was a clear gag directed at the fans. Slenderman as a pony was in the background of that episode too. And then more lines for Derpy. I've never seen the animatic to that song surprisingly, so I can't really judge that.

Haha yes I saw the Doctor as well. I love that they're not afraid to show they read fan comments and do a little fan service for people. Really shows the love between both parties.

I was worried about the Breezies being stupid, but they were alright. (Though Seabreeze was a guy.... I was a little confused there, but hey, they're a different species so they do what they want xd.png)

Also the Mane Six as breezies was kind of cute, and it was a good show of Twilight knowing advanced magic.

Overall I'd say the episode was above average. Again, it wasn't the best, but it definitely wasn't bad either. I felt it to be a little slow in pace and predictable, but I was glad Fluttershy stayed in character and still learned a lesson.

(totally called it on being a key episode though)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I loved this episode and I knew I would.

BREEZIES ARE SO CUTE!

I loved Sea Breeze's voice, as well.

Dashie looked beautiful as a Breezy. Cx

Anyone else notice the good ol doctor was wearing his 3D glasses? Just thinking about the potential of daleks in equestria spawns all sorts of thoughts :3

I liked this episode a lot and thought it was very well done. One small thing confused me though. Fluttershy served the Breezies their drinks in thimbles. Given their size that's a good idea, but why does she had thimbles to begin with? She has hooves...

I rather enjoyed this episode, although I thought it was lacking entirely for a "Key" episode. If this was just a Fluttershy episode, I wouldn't have a problem with it but... I hold the key episodes up to a higher standard because they're supposed to show the good and bad of the Pony's element and personality. I feel this didn't do that at all.

The Breezies were really cute as were the Pony Breezies (if they don't make Pony Breezy toys...). Seabreeze being a guy was a slightly strange direction, but it didn't bother me. Fluttershy wasn't exactly out of character but her character wasn't exactly as spot on as it was in Filli Vanlli either.

I didn't feel like the Kindness Element was explored correctly. In order to be kind you have to sometimes be mean? How is this a good show of Kindness? I feel like the writers hit a block when it came to a problem with being Kind. Which is a shame because there are some great stories that could have been written. It just seems really badly established compared to Rarity's Key and Pinkie's Key (Rainbow's Key was okay).

I think what they were trying to get across was that you can be too kind. There were basically three ways they could have gone with this episode anyway. One would be to turn Fluttershy into a doormat again, giving into the Breezie's every whim and have them inconvience her somehow. Another woulkd be to have her go against her element and refuse to help them from the start and more or less chase them towards the portal. DoormatShy and FlutterMean have both been done before so I could see why they wanted to go in a new direction.

Sometimes you do have to be 'cruel to be kind', and Fluttershy wasn't exactly cruel anyway. She just put her foor down and told them what they needed to hear.

asdfjkl; breezies are like the most adorable things I've seen in a while ;~;

I really only care about TMNT toys, but I kinda do hope they do breezies toys. I'd love to see how they turn out.

I agree with both Fortune and Mystic on the kindness thing. I think they were encouraging little girls to stand up for themselves, but I don't think they really explained it to well. The explanation Fluttershy gave to Seabreeze kind of went in a circle, I thought. But we're older viewers, so perhaps it did come across better to younger viewers.

I also agree that Seabreeze being a guy was... not what I was expecting. I'm glad they did a male character who wasn't all macho, though. But I feel like we've been getting more and more male characters who are getting more lines and more lines and screen time. I wonder if this was a planned natural progression or if it's for... fan reasons.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode. I feel like the season is finally picking up and doing better.

I really didn't care for that episode (though the chimera was awesome). I felt Applejack was way out of character. Applebloom has done plenty of dangerous things on her own and Applejack has never blinked an eye. I know they said it's her first time being home alone, but I still don't think that Applejack's normal character would be as obsessive as she was at that point.

Again, the chimera and the fire swamp were the only cool things this time around.

Hopefully next week's episode will be better (Pinkie Pie's sister)

I've finally caught up until the Breezies episode.

I think the rainbow sparkles might be more than just a sparkle... or something like that

In all I liked the Breezies episode but the "message" in it could have been put out a bit better.

I really didn't care for that episode (though the chimera was awesome). I felt Applejack was way out of character. Applebloom has done plenty of dangerous things on her own and Applejack has never blinked an eye. I know they said it's her first time being home alone, but I still don't think that Applejack's normal character would be as obsessive as she was at that point.

Again, the chimera and the fire swamp were the only cool things this time around.

Hopefully next week's episode will be better (Pinkie Pie's sister)

I actually felt it was about right. Considering we've never seen Applejack's, applebloom's, or Big Macs mother. (not assumeing dead like popular belief seems to be...) not only was applejack being a very overprotective sister, she was acting like most mothers do as well. Of course it's still a bit strange but it's also rather reasonable. Overall the message wasn't to bad and the fire swamp and chimera were a lovely addition. (Just wish they had gotten the chimera correct, it's a lions head and body, not a tigers...)

Now on to more pressing matters, anyone care for a slice of filly filet?

Finally got to see the latest episode (was running late this week). While I don't think the episode stood out much, it did have a few good moments. My personal fave was when Scootaloo stopped AppleBloom's song xd.png

What keeps you all involved in this fandom? Is it the show itself, or is it something else?

For me it's the music, literature, videos, and the art. I may have tuned in for the show but I stayed for the fandom. What about all of you? Speaking of which, here's an excellent example:

Edited by draganot

I like the story, humour and characters (most of anyway). A lot of the songs are awesome too.

That episode *sunglasses* Rocked.

Haha, silliness aside it was a pretty good episode. I love Maud and her deadpan-ness. I love that they never had her break character, even when she went to save pinkie pie (though the crazy zoom and stuff was like, where did that come from).

I think Pinkie Pie had WAYYYYY too much candy though. She was still in character but like, man, I feel for her voice actor.

Ah wow, I LOVED this episode. Maud was great and I really enjoyed her deadpan monotony and rock obsession. Creating the rock instead of peeling an apple was kinda creepy but funny, and her super-duper abilities to dig/mine/whatever the big rock was neat. The story was good, so yay. Fun episode.

Just saying,

user posted image

Nazi helmet.

Not quite. Not exactly German, and pre-dates WWI.

-cough-

Anyway, my thoughts on the episode: Pretty cute, it was nice to see more of Pinkie's family smile.gif (Plus, I just really liked how Maud's voice was done xd.png)

Not quite. Not exactly German, and pre-dates WWI.

-cough-

Anyway, my thoughts on the episode: Pretty cute, it was nice to see more of Pinkie's family smile.gif (Plus, I just really liked how Maud's voice was done xd.png)

The design was still used for many nazi helms. Not to mention the ones depicted on that wiki page look rather elaborate, more for higher authority figures. But yes, it does look quite like many a nazi's helm.

-cough-

I like maud's voice too. The rock poems were amazing as well <3