7sharps

My Little Pony

The episode was adorable. So many faces. So many opportunities for gifs, too.

user posted image

Edited by dirtytabs

Anypony have any comments about the finale?

I'm not happy about it, but I want to see how it is handled.

Not gonna say much because it is a spoiler... but I'm very dissapointed in their choices. Only 13 episodes for a season, a large lack of Derpy, now this. I like that the episode name is a Beatles song pun, though.

here's a good post on why what they did really sucks...

https://derpiboo.ru/227461?scope=scpe2bf7c3...c79c3434d8ae06e

There were so many signs that this was to happen even before the season started.

Edited by MaggieXawesomeness

Wow I loled at the end of that episode. Spikemhad half a gem left ue was gonna put in his but forgets and eats it. Lol

Not gonna say much because it is a spoiler... but I'm very dissapointed in their choices. Only 13 episodes for a season, a large lack of Derpy, now this. I like that the episode name is a Beatles song pun, though.

here's a good post on why what they did really sucks...

https://derpiboo.ru/227461?scope=scpe2bf7c3...c79c3434d8ae06e

There were so many signs that this was to happen even before the season started.

Good article. Here's my thoughts on the matter (I'm on an iPod so I apologize for any spelling errors):

I have posted in grey due to SPOILER ALERT! Highlight to read. (Once again, if mobile messed up and it's not right, I'm really sorry. Please let me know if it is.)

I've never been a fan of the Twilicorn idea. I like Cadence and all, but I feel like Celestia and Luna should be the only 2 alicorns. The more you add, the less divine it becomes, or at least that's my impression. Also, I realized long ago that the Mane 6 are balanced- 2 of each pony type. Twilicorn would mess that up.

But since it's going to happen, I hope that it's not permanent. I hope Twi realizes that she's happier in Ponyville as a typical unicorn, with her friends and no royal responsibilities. I think this is a good solution, as it follows the tendency of having a moral- friends are more important than popularity, or 'you shouldn't change who you are truly are', or something.

also imgot the info on the next 2 eps.

THe 1rst, Game Ponies Play, is about Twilightmand friends goinig tomthe Crystal Empire to help set up games. I also think it's supposed to take place at same time Spike was petsitting. ALL in all, I look forward to getting more info on the Crystal Empire and seeing the crystal ponies again.

Anyway, the following ep is Magical Mystery Cure. Its about Twilight using a spell tyat changes the Mane6's cutie marks and destinies aroumd. BUT get this, after she fixies everything, she becomes, wait for it.....

A PRINCESS.

INSANE, definitely looking forward to it.

Please warn before spoiling or put spoilers in white. Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm actually quite excited for the finale, and I really can't wait to see how they handle things smile.gif I have faith in the writers, I'm sure it'll go well-- or at least, not completely suck xd.png I also actually /really/ love the idea that... er... well, you know what I'm talking about. The idea that they aren't really born, but rather, it's something you have to earn-- this actually brings up a /lot/ of interesting theories about Celestia and Luna, now that I think about it...

And... Rogue, that's just kind of rude. People have been deliberately hiding/walking around directly stating the spoilers for a reason, you know.

Edited by Dr. Paine

Yeah, Lauren Faust, the creator of the show, has stated that she originally wanted to only have two alicorns... Cadance was even supposed to be a unicorn, but when she "quit", that statement fell apart.

And unfortunately, it seems as though this is a permanent change, as the writers have hinted greatly at it. :http://family-room.ew.com/2013/01/29/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-exclusive-twilight-princess/

sigh. I personally think it's all for cash. https://i.imgur.com/Jlhuo.png

Anyway, about the last episode: ( Iwrote this a couple days ago

The new episode had lots of nice cameo appearances and stuff..... what happened to Peewee, Zecora and Nerd Pony appeared, Cheerilee and Big Mac, Carrot Top and Written Script nuzzling, and a whole bunch of other cool little things, the best two in my opinion, were Screwloose, the insane pony from"Read It and Weep" is shown better, and able to live (supervised) outside the hospital, and the SUPER ADORABLE little filly shown in the second pic, dubbed "Tag-a-Long" on Derpibooru....

I really liked this episode, it was nice and cute, and was pretty funny. Nice to see all the pets again.... especially Gummy ♥ But I think Angel took the cake this time, his personality is just getting better and better."

user posted image

Well I didnt know it was gonna be the season finale, I just found it on a wiki and decided to share it. But I highly doubt thatll be the actualmend. Theres alwaysna twist somewhere. Plus if this much was shared from a wiki, I highly doubt that its only the full first half ofma finale.

I know this alsomsounds likema season finale, butnits only the 13th ep, The others seasons had at least 20 eps+ it would usually be called part1 or something.

Well I didnt know it was gonna be the season finale, I just found it on a wiki and decided to share it. But I highly doubt thatll be the actualmend. Theres alwaysna twist somewhere. Plus if this much was shared from a wiki, I highly doubt that its only the full first half ofma finale.

A press release confirmed that that is what happens, and the season finale is only one episode. Not broken into 2 halves like Season 2.

EDIT:

@Maggie: Yeah, those background appearances were great. I personally loved seeing Screwloose.

Edited by Dimar

Yeah, I am disappointed by this revelation as well. Personally, Twilight has always been my least favorite of the six, and now knowing that she is even MORE special than she already is doesn't help my opinion of her at all.

Yeah, I am disappointed by this revelation as well.  Personally, Twilight has always been my least favorite of the six, and now knowing that she is even MORE special than she already is doesn't help my opinion of her at all.

That's funny, because Twilight used to be my favorite out of the Mane Six (used to), but what they're doing to her is making me sad.

Applejack, who used to be at the bottom of my list, is surprisingly at the top right now. She's grown on me in this season.

Pinkie Pie used to be my second favorite, but she's definitely dropped since season 3 as well, she's just been way too random, and not clever, how she used to be.

Why do you have to be an Alicorn to be a princess? That just sends a wrong message in a kid's show in my opinion. Basically, you're saying "You need to look a certain way" otherwise you can't become royalty? That's just dumb. Twilight can be a Unicorn and be a princess. There's no reason why not.

I guess i'll see it when I see it. And the lack of episodes this season is really stupid. MLP is Hasbro's leading fandom-based product and yet, they're cutting costs? Seriously?!

As for this last episode, I didn't mind it. But I thought the message was lost completely by the end. He screwed up and was really selfish (even thinking of STEALING FROM CHARITY) and then at the end he gave up his rubies so he wouldn't be caught? And when he was close to being caught, they pulled a 180 character change in order to keep the screw up secret? I think coming clean about tricking everyone would have been a better lesson. Admit your wrongdoing and ask for forgiveness. I feel like the episode just didn't hit the mark as far as lessons go. And I wasn't too fond of the episode entertainment wise. I had a few chuckles in there, but mostly I was unimpressed.

Edited by MysticTiger

Why do you have to be an Alicorn to be a princess? That just sends a wrong message in a kid's show in my opinion. Basically, you're saying "You need to look a certain way" otherwise you can't become royalty? That's just dumb. Twilight can be a Unicorn and be a princess. There's no reason why not.

I guess i'll see it when I see it. And the lack of episodes this season is really stupid. MLP is Hasbro's leading fandom-based product and yet, they're cutting costs? Seriously?!

I... don't think that's it at all ._. I think the elevation to alicorn is a show of the status-- if you're a princess, there are certain trappings that come with it, that's all. Same as the crown and fancy dress.

As for the short season, it has been all but confirmed that there /is/ as season 4 in the works, and between that and season 3, it looks like we're getting a movie/some kind of long special. Yeah, it kinda sucks that season 3's been so short, but it's not really that awful.

Edited by Dr. Paine

What Paine said. Plus, you know, even if a normal unicorn/Pegasus/earth pony was given the status of princess, they still couldn't raise the sun, moon, or spread love. Alicorns seem to require more magical power in order to fulfill their royal duties.

I... don't think that's it at all ._. I think the elevation to alicorn is a show of the status-- if you're a princess, there are certain trappings that come with it, that's all. Same as the crown and fancy dress.

As for the short season, it has been all but confirmed that there /is/ as season 4 in the works, and between that and season 3, it looks like we're getting a movie/some kind of long special. Yeah, it kinda sucks that season 3's been so short, but it's not really that awful.

I think they should explain that in the show, if that's honestly what they're going for. I just feel like Twilight shouldn't need wings to show she's a leader. I always thought Alicorns were born that way from a royal line. It just seems weird to throw in that Alicorns are born when they do something spectacular. I mean, what did Cadence do? And if all royality should be Alicorns, why isn't Shining Armor? He's a prince. And even without Alicorn powers, he's still the most powerful defensive magic user in the kingdom.

Also, it brings up the plot hole that- If you need to become an Alicorn to become an all powerful being capable of ruling a country- then how did Luna and Celestia become one? Did they know they needed to Raise the Sun/Moon? I don't think it was ever established that they had parents who were Alicorns (fan theories say so, but not canon). But, if their parents were Alicorns, how did they become ones? And why did Luna/Celestia become Alicorns. Simply because their parents were ones?

Edited by MysticTiger

I think they should explain that in the show, if that's honestly what they're going for. I just feel like Twilight shouldn't need wings to show she's a leader. I always thought Alicorns were born that way from a royal line. It just seems weird to throw in that Alicorns are born when they do something spectacular. I mean, what did Cadence do? And if all royality should be Alicorns, why isn't Shining Armor? He's a prince. And even without Alicorn powers, he's still the most powerful defensive magic user in the kingdom.

Even Blueblood is a Prince. I haven't seen any male Alicorns though, it might be an issue where males cannot become Alicorns.

I guess they could explain that male ponies can't become Alicorns... but that "Boys can't do what Girls can do" message is kind of iffy too. I'm all for Girl Power, but I think an anti-boy sentiment is kind of silly for a show that has a lot of male viewership.

Maybe I should just drop the message thing altogether. I feel like it's an important part of the show, but when it comes to plot vs messages, plot wins out. Even if the plot makes no sense.

Edited by MysticTiger

Actually, given that the extended synopses has said that Twilight becomes a princess due to writing her own magic... it's logical to assume Celestia and Luna earned their status by learning how to raise the sun and moon on their own, rather than it being a joint unicorn effort. As for Cadence, it probably had to do with that 'mending relationships' spell she made.

So far, I'm led to believe that becoming a princess/alicorn involves becoming powerfully adept at magic, and then being able to make your own magic that branches into a /very/ powerful level-- moving celestial bodies, tapping into the nature of love, and-- in Twilight's case, as it seems-- being able to shift around destiny. Something that is very rare and very difficult to pull off. No wonder Blueblood isn't one, can you imagine him even attempting to create his own magic?