frostmourne

Odd Abilities and Talents

I can meow like a cat, bark like a dog...

However, I can't understand half of what people say to me to save my life because it's a goofy frequency I have a hard time understanding |D

I can do the first two. And I can also purr and howl, but howling is normal. When something scares me, I jump and hiss. I walk upstairs on all fours, and I can run like that pretty well, too. For the most part I can understand cat, but I don't speak it too well. And this might not be odd since he's voiced by a human, but my friends say I have a really good Pikachu imitation. rolleyes.gif

Oh, and speech... it's difficult for me to understand as well. That's why I like my anime subbed, not dubbed. xd.png

I can also cross all eight fingers without a problem. Actually, I often cross my pinkie and ring finger when I don't mean to. Like now, for instance. As I'm typing. Lol.

It's relatively common, but I can write in mirror image really well.

I have hyper reflexes. Kicked many doctors where they don't need to be kicked as a result. You'd think after reading my file they'd know in advance not to stand that way and hit my knee. Other than that'd I'm fairly average.

Writing backwards/mirror image is fun. biggrin.gif

Edited by VampiricOmen

My odd ability is that I don't have an odd ability.

... Well, the fact that everyone here can do something odd makes being able to do something "odd" "normal," so...

Okay, I might have some intuition or something, I'm not sure because I can only tell if I do when I ignore it and then get questions wrong on tests/quizzes :\

I can do this!

Did you see? Here, I'll do it again.

Cool huh? ...What do you mean that's not a special ability? I was hoping to be a youtube star-- the pinnacle of fame! =(

I'm glad that's not just me, then. It although it doesn't make having to ask people to repeat themselves all the time any less embarassing.

I always known where North is. dead on, without looking at a compass. We've tested it. Even on a cloudy day, with my eyes shut, I can be asked to point north and it'll be spot-on when they check with a compass. No idea how I do it, although I'm guessing it might be something to do with my body's magnetic field, because I also seem to stop watches very quickly.

One of my sisters and I both used to stop watches dead all the time -neither of us has even attempted to wear a watch in years. It's always a total trip when someone else says they have the same thing going on because for so many years we were both told that there's no way someone's chemical makeup or magnetic field or whatever could ever possibly affect watches and we were just imagining it or had extremely bad luck.

I have an uncanny sense of direction as well - and even stranger, I can almost always tell if an electric device is plugged into live current or not by putting my hand near its electric parts or its cord. There's a feeling like mild static electricity if the lamp or television or whatever is plugged in, even if it's not turned on. Saves some bending over to check if things are plugged in sometimes, but otherwise sort of a useless trick...

I break technology. All the time. Usually it's arcade machines or games, that either stop working, spew tickets, or refuse to give me tickets. :s

I can do this voice that sounds like I'm dying. Also, I can make bird sounds.

I can shake my eyes side to side incredibly fast . I have no idea what it looks like when I do it, as everything is just a colorful blur when I do, though I know it really freaks people out. I've been able to do it since I was 8 and have only heard of a few other people with the same skill. I can't explain how I do it, (Because I don't know), but it's awesome watching other people try to do it.:3 They shake their heads and concentrate really hard and turn red. Hurhur. :B

Anyone else know of something like that? XD

YES. I can do this, too. I forgot to list it. I figured it out when I was a kid, showed my mom, and she was like "What are you doing with your eyes, you mutant weirdo?! Get away from me!" (she actually did say that, though she was kidding XD).

I think it's done by tensing your eye muscles to the point where they shake. That's what it feels like to me, anyway. It's also dangerous and can permanently damage your eyes; apparently you can burst the blood vessels. I don't do it that much anymore now that I know that.

Edited by AngelKitty

my toes are double jointed(unfortunatly my big toe isn't) :3

I can also do wierd things with my toes that freak people out, but I'm unsue on how to explain it.

YES. I can do this, too. I forgot to list it. I figured it out when I was a kid, showed my mom, and she was like "What are you doing with your eyes, you mutant weirdo?! Get away from me!" (she actually did say that, though she was kidding xd.png).

I think it's done by tensing your eye muscles to the point where they shake. That's what it feels like to me, anyway. It's also dangerous and can permanently damage your eyes; apparently you can burst the blood vessels. I don't do it that much anymore now that I know that.

o.o

I think i'll stop doing it now. xd.png

It freaks people out, but I guess that if it's dangerous, it's not really worth the lolz. I've noticed that if I do it too much it hurts when I shake them, so I'll take that as a sign.

I don't think I have any other special talents...Unless I do and just don't know about them. I can bend the top joint of my thumb back a little more than most people, but that's not really a talent. I can make pretty good animal noises?

Not really an impressive ability, but I can pop my ears by will. It's useful for plane rides, at least.

I can read upside down, but not as fast.

I plan on trying to teach myself to be ambidextrous with crocheting. Mostly because I want to, but there's also a left-handed LARPer I want to teach to crochet at some point.

Not really an impressive ability, but I can pop my ears by will. It's useful for plane rides, at least.

Me too.

Me too.

OMG! I thought it was written "I can poop my ears by will". Luckly, I'm getting new glasses next week.

BTW, speaking in glasses, I can "shake" my eyes too. I also can cross them and blur my vision.

I have some serious muscles on my brows and ears, because I've been training both since childhood. Resulting in animal-like moving ears and more expressions than you can find in five non-browtrained people xd.png

What I've been capable of since forever is moving my nose like a rabbit - nobody I know can do it, just the spreading of nostrils that I had to practice doing before I managed to do that, and I still can't do it unless I'm standing in front of a mirror.

But as to moving my nose down like a rabbit, whenever I want, unless I'm laughing.

Not laughing when showing it to someone is hard, though. xd.png;; Especially when they crack up to it, which they usually do.

The minus side of having moving ears is that they instinctually turn to face sounds, which can be really distracting at times D:

I can crack my knees.. though I don't know if that counts...?

I do that every time I sit down just to freak people out xd.png

works every time.

I was born with crossed eyes, but since I wore glasses for the first 11 years of my life, they slowly corrected my vision. Now I'm fine and don't have to wear glasses anymore, but I can go cross eyed either direction by will. ^^ Freak people out.

Also, although it not really an ability, when I was getting prepared for braces (it was a long time ago~) I had one of those butterfly things on the roof of my mouth. Unfortunately, it was set too low and rested against my tongue all the time, gradually cutting through. Now I have part of my tongue that I can pull back with my teeth if I run my tongue against my top teeth, and it looks like I'm pulling my whole tongue into pieces xd.png It's really strange. Doesn't hurt, though, and it's never going to get better. :/

Everyone else hates it but my girlfriend, which is a plus xd.png

OMG! I thought it was written "I can poop my ears by will". Luckly, I'm getting new glasses next week.

Aaahahahaha, man if I could do that I'd be selling tickets to it.

C'mon, you know someone would pay to see that.

I can make a pig sound biggrin.gif . It confuses real pigs and people alike. It isn't done with the sorting though your nose. It is when you snort through your mouth-throat-nose area, it's hard to explain. But it's cool laugh.gif

I can expel carbon dioxide at will.

Thanks for making me cough up my tea, that was funny xd.png

I can make a chirping noise that sounds exactly like a bird. I was chirping to myself in the kitchen one day at work, and it was realistic enough to make my boss come in to ask me if a bird had gotten in.

I can also mimic almost any animal under the sun.

I can shake my eyes side to side incredibly fast . ... Anyone else know of something like that? xd.png

I can focus on something and make my eyes shake really, really fast.

I love showing it to people, it does indeed freak them out but if I do it too long, or too many times in row, it starts to give me a headache.

I've only actually met one other person who could do it, and it was so cool to see them do it.