frostmourne

Odd Abilities and Talents

I can feel other people's emotions, and I can make anyone angry when I am without trying. I also can calm just by being around someone.

Weird Abilities List:

Climbing Stuff

Mandala Drawing

Lamppost Suggestion

Stealing things and returning them in slightly different places

Making art teachers give me pie

I was going to make a thread about this in case it didn't exist...anyways, I'll share a few of mine:

- Picking out ripe watermelons (without really any prior knowledge of distinguishing the ripeness of fruits)

- Picking out movies that are sad. Really. Whenever I'm deciding what movie to watch, without knowing what it's about, it will be a sad one, around 90% of the time.

- Climbing up rocky/steep hills.

- Able to recognize a song, even if I've only heard it a few times before, almost instantly when it sounds.

- I'm quite good at keeping a certain rhythm, I know this because I used to take music lessons and was quite good at keeping up with the metronome, regardless of how quickly/slowly it went.

- Getting people to open up to me. It's mostly something I've worked on, even really quiet types tend to become more confident, or generally say whatever's on their mind around me the more I've spoken to them. It's more like something that works when I set my mind to it than something purely spontaneous.

There's probably other weird stuff I can do, but this is all I can remember at the time.

Edited by andromedae

I can put both feet behind my head.

I don't know if it'll be useful in life.

I consider this more practice, but others say it's talent sooo..

After only three and a half years, I can draw images almost exactly as I see them in my mind, I know vertebrate anatomy to the extent I've had professionals be unable to find issues with the creatures I create (and even notice tiny details, such as the slight lengthening of the cannonbone on a horselike beast!), and I have not made an undoable mistake in drawing for months. I'm particularly good with a standard HB lead pencil, and I can pull off textures and effects I've never done before on the first go.

I guess I also have a bit of a way with animals. While my pet rats know to not do something/come to me if I snap my fingers, and that an outstretched arm while they're on my shoulders means I want them to go somewhere, I put that down to a bit of training and their intelligence. The 'way' I talk about is more along the lines of how I've been able to interact with wild animals. I have some ridiculous patience. It's most obvious when I'm dealing with invertebrates and aquatic life.

And that's it for remotely useful stuff.

I can follow really awkward rhythms in music.

I can pick up on sounds no-one else hears.

Sometimes I just know something's happened without prior indication.

um... I can visualise hitboxes and stuff in moments when I'm playing fast paced games?

I'm so skilled lel

I can shake/vibrate my eyes, like some others here also have mentioned.

I have very flexible legs, and I can kick very high from a standing position.

I can also bend my thumbs extremely far back and press my handbones so tightly together than I can slip off even very tight wristbands.

I can burp at will.

I can make a weird sort of purring/growling noise that apparently sounds rather "unsettling" to others.

Apparently I can be very silent and unnoticeable. Like, I've had wild animals like roe deer coming very close to me when I've been sitting or standing very still and quiet.

Another time I accidentally startled two teenage girls. I was just minding my own business, sitting and waiting for class to start, they walk in chatting to one another and fixing their hair in the mirror when suddenly they spot me behind them in the mirror, and they startled badly enough to run screaming out of the room.

Edited by Ripan

I can purr, I used to call it my Raptor growl but people said it sounded like a cat's purr. And I can sound just like a ringing telephone

I'm incredibly good at identifying actors/voice actors' other roles within the first couple of seconds of hearing their voice. I can hardly ever remember their actual names tho, lol.

Aside from whatever I wrote on here from way back when, I guess I can also add that I'm good at doing tasks with my hands full. Like others have mentioned, I can use my feet/elbows/pinkies pretty well to handle doors and light switches and such. I can also pick out rhythms fairly easily (I blame my love for rhythm games), and can touch the back of my head with my feet.

Talent amirite?

I have a freakishly good memory, I can pur, growl, and make awkward bird noises. I used to also be able to neigh like a horse, but I haven't tried doing it in a while, so idk if I still can. I can also whistle backwards (sucking in air).

I actually can't whistle forwards (blowing out air) like most people. xd.png

Edited by riyuuan

I have a lot of odd talents, to be honest, if I wasn't any weirder already. xd.png

I can do things with my toes, like turn a door-knob and pick up things I've dropped. I used to climb things when I was little, which resulted in numerous nicknames from my family.

I have an exceptionally good memory. I watch top ten videos on youtube, which increases my knowledge on certain topics. Sometimes when i'm talking with my friends, and something they say reminds me of something, I'm like: " Did you know..." I'm unable to come up with this stuff on a whim, it just happens.

I can walk extremely quiet. Trust me, I've scared more than a few people by mistake doing this.

I'm extremely observative, and I always have been. When I walk into a new building, the first thing I do is look around, and take in my surroundings. I might not remember street names, but I do remember how to get there. If I know somebody well enough, I can actually tell who they are by the sound of them walking.

I've always been great with animals. It's kin of always been that way. They've always liked me, and I love all of them as well, no matter how ugly or disturbing an animal might be, I always find them fascinating and beautiful in their own way. Like, a couple of days ago, I freaked out because I saw a female praying mantis. xd.png I was so happy, because mantids are uncommon where I live, and seeing a female, that gave me hope there would be more, and I ranted about it to my friends how beautiful the girl mantis was. xd.png

Hmm, let's see. I don't know if these would be considered odd, but they're just little talents that I have.

-I know lots and lots of endless trivia, mostly about astronomy and how reality works. Have you heard of magnetars? Or that our plane of reality might be less than an inch away from another? ("Through The Wormhole" is a great TV show to watch)

-Despite only being 14 I've recently started working with Javascript on my own. I'm known as a computer nerd in my school and I've helped teachers a lot with their technology troubles.