sapphiredragon73

Horses

I love them, but until me foot gets better (don't ask about it, please) I can't ride. I am excited though, as I have never ridden before and have always wanted to.

Horses are also the only thing I can draw xd.png I fail at anything else tongue.gif

Does anyone know an online tack vendor that has quality tack that isn't too terribly expensive?

I love them a lot.I've done some lessons and it rocks! but its just too expensive too own one so trail rides in the mountains and lessons are much more my speed. biggrin.gif

Oh, yeah. Aside from having a slight fear of horses, I don't think they're the prettiest creatures. Some can be beautiful, but, to me, the head just ruins it.

Oh, yeah. Aside from having a slight fear of horses, I don't think they're the prettiest creatures. Some can be beautiful, but, to me, the head just ruins it.

So, this horse has an ugly head?

user posted image

Yeah...

So, this horse has an ugly head?

Remember, though, that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While I do think that is an incredibly beautiful horse, not everyone finds the same things beautiful. I've met some people that think Arabian horses have terribly ugly heads. *shrugs*

Lol, to be fair some of those Kehilan line Arabs can take a bit of getting used to....

user posted image

I mean, there's delicate and dished and then there's "oops was that YOUR shovel my face ran into there." Then again, some people love that look. (I like the straighter-nosed Seglawis a lot better myself.)

But I do have a solution for you- just get a horse so hairy you can't even see the head!

user posted image

(Gypsy Vanners = <3 )

yeah, I personally think horses are beautiful in every aspect, but there are people who disagree. Let's not start fighting and cause drama just over simple opinion.

I adore horses, but it must be said I don't think those arabs are terribly pretty. Give me a nice English Cob any day of the week biggrin.gif

Ooh, I do love Arabs, but I'm not a fan of the typey ones. I can't stand the halter horses (of any breed really, but Arabs are the current example). I much prefer the sportier types.

While I do think Arabians are beautiful, in my opinion, nothing beats a good ole American Quarter Horse. This is our horse's sire:

user posted image

Horses are a major force in my life. They're among my favourite animals, I have one (a 10-y.o. Friesian-Andalusian cross) and Epona, the Celtic Goddess of Horses, has pride of place on my home altar. Quite simply I can't imagine my life without them, never mind a world without them.

This is my horse and I at the Northwest Horse Expo a few years ago. He was pulling at the bit because he saw some Friesians off camera and wanted to go greet his cousins smile.gif

user posted image

We have him in a Kimberwicke now, he likes that a lot better than he did with the snaffle. The headstall and breastplate are imported from Portugal, search on "Cortezia bridle" and you'll find it. Everyone went bonkers over the basketweave braid I did on his mane.

I'm looking to move out of the city in the next 6-12 months, and get some farmland. I'm going to start offering my horse as a cancer therapy animal, and I'll be shopping for a second horse once we get our farm going. I'm sticking with a Friesian cross, most likely a Walkesian (Walker x) or a Moresian (Morgan x). If I can swing it, maybe a Friesian x Lipizzaner, or full Lipp.

Edited by Xocowolf

Ah, I love basketweave manes. Used to do that all the time to the horses at the stable. Looks great and it's a lot easier/quicker than traditional braiding.

And you can't go wrong with a Morgan cross X3 They're marvelous horses.

As I remember, that basketweave took me the better part of an hour. His mane is so long and thick; when it's not braided/woven, it hangs down to his shoulder.

Yeah, I know. Not long by Baroque standards but I hate to think what a pain in the tuckus it'd be if it was as long as Templado's!

Mmmm arabs. I love a nice typey arab.

I currently ride at a hunter jumper barn though and the horse I've been riding the most is a lovely 17h warmblood mare. Just the sweetest thing really but unfortunately she knows how big she is and can decide to "throw her weight around" so to speak from time to time and not be the nicest thing to handle on the ground but I've never had a problem with her when mounted. In fact, the one time I did fall off of her (my fault) she stopped IMMEDIATELY and looked around like, "where you go?" tongue.gif

I'm really excited for next year. :3 My birthday is five days away from Christmas, and I'm asking for money for both my birthday and Christmas. Hopefully by next year I'll be leasing a riding school horse every other weekend! 8D Super, super amped~!

I imagine how you must have felt, Lila. I've ridden horses a few times and I remember something painfully pinching my shins on the saddle. And I was wearing long pants.

Other than that, I love horses. I took riding lessons ten years ago but have started riding again lately. The horse I ride has a habit of biting people's bottoms when they try to put a saddle on him/her laugh.gif . I really don't know what gender it is. It's called Adieu so I can't identify it by name. But I really love the feel of riding although I can't fully control the horse yet.

Edited by LwyllasLaVey

I absolutely adore horses. I have loved them my whole life. I use to ride, but it became too expensive for my father to afford when I was a child. They are super expensive, though I hold out wild dreams of having my own one day.

Like everyone else has said lol, I adore horses as well. They have been my favorite animal since I was little and they still are biggrin.gif I've never actually ridden a horse before, but I would take any opportunity given to me if I was able to ride one.

I think my favorite breed would have to be the Gypsy Vanner. I just love how they look xd.png

I love horse's. When I lived in Spain I had a wonderful spanish mountain pony mare called Lynda. I foaled her and she gave me a gorgeus female called Lynette. I had to sell them due to lack of time when I started to work (sniff sniff). When I went back to England I had a welsh pony mare called Owie on loan for a few months but she was only 3 and still very green. Here in Italy I had a beautiful Argentinian x Quarter gelding called Arundel. He was huge and very stubborn but has a great heart! And again due to work etc I had to let him go. Now it's been more than 2 years since I rode and I really miss it!

Like everyone else here, I Love Horses! My favorite breeds are Gypsy Vanners, Paso Finos, and Rocky Mountain Horses. I used to ride but unfortunately the place where I was riding sold last year so now I am looking for a new place.

I love horses! My favorite ones are the arabian and the akhal teke. There is another race in Iran that I really love. tongue.gif