sapphiredragon73

Horses

I like horses. Used to ride from around the age of 7 to 16, but then stopped due to being unable to find riding schools that were local enough. Didn't really have anything to do with horses for about 11 years, then started volunteering at a Riding for the Disabled centre as part of a college work placement.

I'm still volunteering there. Get to ride one of the ponies as well, so that's a benefit! Though I did basically have to learn to ride again.

I absolutely adore horses. I own a little Paso Fino mare and ride her as much as I can (generally 3-4 times a week). She's besties with my mum's horse. We keep them on my parents' land biggrin.gif

I don't know what I'd do without my horse or my horse time. I grew up riding, but then had to go without it for about ten years. If I have a choice, I'll never go without it again.

they are my favourite animal. i have 1 at the min called kestrel. he is a chestnut roan gelding with 4 socks and a stripe.

biggrin.gif

we might be getting a new 1 soon too. he is a dun welsh section C gelding called bertie. he has just come back from being broken in so a little green about things but hopefully everything works out well wub.gif

I've always wanted a horse of my own for years. still havent got one, but about a year and a bit ago I met a lady (Vicki) who said she would teach me to ride for free. She breads Arabs and Appaloosas, but due to injury and chronic pain disabilities can no longer ride them herself.

I bonded with her Arab mare called Malice. She had a very broad build for the breed, a very sweet nature, but also very flighty. Vicki thinks I get along with her so well because I suffer from anxiety, but when I'm on a horse I become very confident. The fact I have anxiety myself means I can spot anything that might spook Malice and deal with it before it becomes a problem, and in the event something does scare her, i know how to handle it calmly.

I miss being able to ride Malice. I miss riding all together.

I've got a friesian

I've heard that friesians are really fabulous.

I very much want to breed my mare in the next couple of years, but I've got to find the right horse. Butterfly has such excellent conformation, it's great, I'd love to see it passed on.

I absolutely love horses and horseriding, but haven't been able to go riding for years due to the cost of lessons. I would love to have my own horse someday... smile.gif

Mmm, the taste of horse dirt gritty between my teeth. Farrier day today, and of course it has been insanely rainy as of late. So she was basically a giant mudball.

I love all kinds of horses, but I don't think they should be kept in tiny twelve by twelve stalls when they naturally roam 20 miles or more in a single day.

I told myself, don't get on your soapbox about natural horsemanship. They probably don't want to know.

Argh! I am not an athlete, so I don't ride anymore, but I love hanging out with them and petting them and drawing them and RP'ing about them and finding out their anatomy though YouTube videos or books and hypothesizing about their behaviour and coming up with new ways to handle particular situations... and...writing ... about. ... all. .... the ways I thinktheyare TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!

I've heard that friesians are really fabulous.

Mine seems spooky, but I'm not sure if it's just because he's not properly trained or what.

Though I don't have my own horse, I like horses and horse-back riding. Every year since I was a child, I visited a city where I went horse-back riding every summer vacation. This yearly summer activity stopped when I entered university and got busy with life from then on. I fell off a horse once when it galloped and it dragged me for a bit while my foot was stuck in the stirrup. When I got loose, I got up and I didn't feel any hurt or whatsoever. I still like horses. I still want my own horse.