sapphiredragon73

Horses

I love horses. I had one until my father died and we had to move so the horse had to go.

i have loved horses for like... ever, and i want one, but i can't afford one. i lease, though, and work around them, four days a week, and so i guess that'll have to be enough for now. i personally love horse smell, and i can't stand NOT being near horses. i've read so much on horses, and i've learned to draw them myself, no aid.

not everyone likes horses, but many of their reasons, in my opinion, are completely wrong and can be disproved easily....

dthat's just me tongue.gif

I don't own any but we do love them all the same. We go horseriding at least once a week, usually on Sundays biggrin.gif more often in summer!

Horses are OK, I guess. I've not had much experience with them and I like other animals more.

You are crazy. i LUVE horses i have a pet one and luve drawing horses and riding my horse!!!!!! my room is full of horses (pics, posters etc). i ride my horse nearly daily. and i go pony club my maths book is full of horses i drawed.

I luve the smell of horses and brandnew leather. my 2 bffs dont like horses. i dont know many ppl that ride only the people i'n my riding group (at ponyclub) and only 1 of them goes 2 my school sad.gif

Edited by LollieLauren

I have spent all my life with horses, and really do love them. I have two of my own, a bay thoroughbred gelding, called Henry, and a brown standardbred gelding, called Jay.

My mother is a horse riding instructor for children with disabilities, so I help look after the horses there. I love them as much as my own.

And I quite like the horsey smell. <3

I can admire a good looking horse from a distance, but get close to one? Nup. Not happening. I'm not getting in damage range of any animal so big I can't best it in a fight.

i can understand lots of your fears, but i dont care about the dangers, just i love them so much...

i wish i owned a horse, but i dont

LollieLauren: remember, don't insult people directly: insult the post, not the person, and no double posting.

Edited by sapphiredragon73

I like horses but I can't see myself owning one. They are a lot of work and a cost a lot of money for upkeep.

I horse-sat (?) my neighbors horses for a few days once and they were pretty cool but still pretty scary.

My aunt tried to ride one of them and the other one ended up kicking it for no reason and they both started freaking out and bucking, while my aunt was still on it. It was funny and scary at the same time. She manged to jump off and get away without getting hurt though.

I prefer smaller, cuddlier animals to huge animals that can easily kill you, or at least seriously harm you. xd.png

Horses are pretty to look at and fun to draw, but I'm not crazy about being around them or riding them. I've been on more than my fair share of unruly horses.

I love them! Here is a pic of me and mah baybay tongue.gif

link

T: you can tell he's not very impressed with me..

xd.png

I was riding horses at the tender age of two! smile.gif I grew up with them and have even trained a few in my lifetime. I will never forget my beloved REBEL and how he always welcomed me with great enthusiasm no matter what the circumstance. He never questioned and always gave his all when showing. I loved his smell... It was comforting, he was warm, he had a big heart and huge eyes that melted all your troubles away every time you looked into them. And talk about playful... he loved to play. He would walk up behind you and nudge you and then run away as fast as he could. Then here he would come again.... always trying to get you to chase after him. He loved it. He was like a giant puppy dog! smile.gif I miss him.

Horses are OK, I guess. I've not had much experience with them and I like other animals more.

the same with me.

I'm pretty neutral when it comes to horses, but I'm reading a really good book right now that has a lot to do with horses.

I think horses look beautiful, especially when they're running. I love white horses and Arabians.

I'm pretty neutral about horses, with a small hint of dislike. I grew up with two of them in my backyard, but they belonged to my grandfather. That meant while I couldn't ride them, I was responsible for the dirty work. My main interaction with them when I was shoveling their leavings or some other equally nasty job. It would always baffle me when my cousin from the city (who had only seen horses in those heartwarming animal-love movies, you know the kind) would wax poetic about their beauty and gracefulness and OMG ~MAJESTIC MAGIK!!11! I was like, "Pffftttt!!" to that.

She changed her tune after I gave her the "enchanting responsibility of caring after the ~equines of magic~" for a weekend when she visited. >D

Of course, it didn't help that the horse loved nibbling on my behind. dry.gif

My fifth grade teacher, Mrs. Sorrel, loooooved horses. She and her husband bred Arabian horses and that's how my love for them started. =3

I've been riding since I was 6-7 years old! My mom owns a small stable on about 33 acres of land. smile.gif I don't have a horse now, my mom is elderly and in bad health, and I'm pretty much stuck in the house 24/7, but someday I'll have another! There's nothing like riding, especially jumping and a really good gallop, and swimming on horseback...bareback! biggrin.gif lol

I can't get enough of horses. I have a horse pillowpet, horse hat, horse scarf, horse ski gloves, my wall is covered with horse posters and I will be leasing in March because the place where I ride has no indoor arenas unfortunately. So at the time I'm stuck with virtual horse games and day dreaming. smile.gif

Edited by hungergames99

I've never ridden a horse before... it sounds like fun though. biggrin.gif I'd be scared of falling off, though.

I've never ridden a horse before... it sounds like fun though. biggrin.gif I'd be scared of falling off, though.

Don't worry. The hardest thing about riding is the ground. And it ain't hard.

I've been riding since i was nine, and it's been really fun to be around horses. I was freaked out at the first time, because i was completely off balance and everything, but i moved up to getting first place in western style dressage in a small competition