sapphiredragon73

Horses

Don't worry. The hardest thing about riding is the ground. And it ain't hard.

Seeing that I have broken a vertebra and received a concussion complete with missing time, the ground can feel very hard when you hit. However, those are the risks you take.

I do enjoy horseback riding very much. Due to RL things, I haven't had the chance to ride in some time. But, I am sure my mare is okay with it since she will be 25 this year. She likes being a pasture pet.

@Silence: O.O So much for working up my courage to ride horses... I think I'll keep my distance.

One of the few certainties about riding is that you *will* fall off at some point. The important thing about it is to get back on (if you can!) right after so you don't lose your nerve over it.

@Silence: O.O So much for working up my courage to ride horses... I think I'll keep my distance.

As others have said, you will eventually fall if you ride. Keep in mind that when I got my concussion, I was riding a Thoroughbred bareback (that is, no saddle), and I was cantering her in a field. If you try riding with no experience, you will not be doing such a thing right away. When I started riding, it took me a year before I had my first fall.

So, don't let my experiences stop you. Just find someone that knows how to work with new riders. If you don't try it out of fear, you could really be missing out on something (and missing out on life in general).

I understand, and I'm willing to fall when/if I learn, but I really don't want to get a concussion or anything. ;__;

One thing that would be beneficial would be to wear a helmet (one that has not been used in a previous fall). I have taken 15+ falls, but only the one was a problem concussion wise.

I love horses, i actually have two horses. they are both girls. i have been riding since i was 8 years old and when i first saw my first horse i was scared of her.

Edited by blue11lucy101

I've been stomped, trampled, bit, thrown, laid on..... let's see.... yep, that pretty much covers it! Still love the beasts! smile.gif

I love horses. I used have riding lessons but I had to stop because they were too expensive. ;.;

-sigh-

If I win the lottery or become a rich author because of my immensely popular novels I'll get a horse. And a bunch of off topic things.

One thing that would be beneficial would be to wear a helmet (one that has not been used in a previous fall). I have taken 15+ falls, but only the one was a problem concussion wise.

That's probably a good idea. =3

Love horses, always have, ever since I was tiny and being taught to ride on Shetland ponies :3. My mum had a horse/pony when she was about my age, I wish I did.

I remember the first time I fell off of a horse. I was quite young, and my grandparents had a horse, Misty. I was riding her bareback, being led with a halter, my mum was holding it. Misty shared a field with horses belonging to someone else, and Misty could hear them whinnying from some way off. She got exited, and bucked. I remember a jolt, then another, and then I was on the ground, slightly confused. I suffered only one injury, a tiny cut on my finger. biggrin.gif Happy memories...

I've also done that whole, knocked-off-by-a-tree-branch thing, which was pretty funny. I didn't duck in time. xd.png

A horse stepped on my foot once, and all I can say is, broken pinkie toe. xd.png

Horse smell is the best.

I want a clydsdale. ((Someone save the spelling)) But then again 100 lbs weight limit in the apartment.

Right then, since no one else will rescue it, I will. "Clydesdale."

To tell the truth, someone did mention a Clydesdale, but they didn't haul the rope back.

Am I confusing everyone in reading distance?

---

Draco-Domno

P.S. I LOVE horses! They are sooo awesome. I used to ride around on my sister (And no, that is not at all off-topic).

I currently have 5 horses for the moment. The number changes depending on my current equine activities. I'm involved in training as well as rescue so sometimes I have a training project or I'm fostering/rehabbing a horse.

Our first show of the season is in 2 weeks, I can't believe it. It feels like we just did our last show in November. Time flies too fast!

oh, nice! i wish i had even one horse. i dont.

but i went to the horse farm yesterday and worked an 8hour shift at the office. my legs kinda died from walking so much.

I could say I like horses, although I have actually never had a close enough experience with a horse to have an opinion. My old best friend used to do horseriding. I have nothing against horses...but I like wolves more. :3

And dragons are never coming off my #1 spot, whether they're real or not.

My fav animals ar horses/ponies and dragons !!!!!!!!! laugh.gifcool.gif my fav horse breeds are shetlands and clydestales. i own 1 pet horse and like showjumping smile.gif

That's probably a good idea. =3

LOLZ i go to ponyclub and there you have to wear a helmet rolleyes.gif i have fallen off about 17 times.

I would say I love horses but that would be a lie... I love smart horses smile.gif lol. I like goofy horses too I own 2 goofy geldings one quarter horse and one mutt and a Tennessee walking horse mare (who is more bossy than goofy) tongue.gif and I take care of 6 other horses whose are my sisters, dads, and nieces.

Horses also have soooo much personality. My goofy QH gelding is a grand total of 6 years old and his version of moving would be in slow motion lol. If you walk him to fast he sighs and acts like a grumpy old man. lol

I love horses. I actually live right next horse stables. I just have to walk down my driveway and I am there.