sapphiredragon73

Horses

You'd think so, but it's not true :3 Are they hotter than a cowboy hat, well of course. But they're not horrible. There's enough airspace in the padding that it stays cool. I would often completely forget I was even wearing my Troxel because it was so comfortable.

Troxel =

agreed abt troxel.

on boarding, it depends on where you board your horse. In my farm, no one mistreats or abuses their horse, and it's around 175 to 600 dollars per month

Horses are pretty intelligent and very capable. It makes sense if people love them.

So are a lot of other animals that people DON'T love. Like gorillas. And not only that, horses definitely aren't the most beautiful animals...

So are a lot of other animals that people DON'T love. Like gorillas. And not only that, horses definitely aren't the most beautiful animals...

Gorillas, tigers, dolphins, etc aren't exactly accessible to the average 14-year-old girl. xd.png Horses are.

And in my opinion, horses ARE the most beautiful animals. That's entirely a matter of personal preference.

Well if you had teeth that grew continuously and never got brushed, they'd not be the most beautiful things ever either xd.png Just be glad you can keep your teeth in good condition without necessitating the use of a diamond-tipped file, silly brachydont.

that is a complete matter of opinion that horses aren't the most beautiful.

also, those pictures are natural horse poses. Just because they do that for a few seconds doesn't mean they aren't beautiful. I've seen many horses do that and look adorable, so i'm just saying it's a matter of opinion on whether someone thinks a horse is beautiful or not.

i'm not about to jump into this argument (discussion? debate?), but i did want to add the fact i own two horses in.

there's zero (show name Zero Tolerance), who is five, and he's an austrian warmblood gelding. he does dressage, show jumping, eventing.

and then there's aussie (er, show name Quantum Reverie), who is a little bit older than a year, and she's a chestnut thoroughbred.

Basically what TPishek said. But don't go around talking censorkip.gif about horses because you will be pummeled.

By me.

And me...

It really is a matter of opinion though. As long as you're not flaunting your opinion around in a place where people love horses it really is fine for you to feel that way.

Horses are gorgeous, whatcha talkin bout people. O:

I'm not sure what feature would make them ugly to people, even their teeth.

Basically what TPishek said. But don't go around talking censorkip.gif about horses because you will be pummeled.

By me.

I'm not D: In fact, I was trying to avoid that.

And I said I wasn't trying to do anything, I was just remebering a memory. Do you really have to say anything about that?

yeah, it's a discussion thread about how ugly or beautiful horses are, not only how good horses are. It's a matter of opinion, and you don't need to resort to violence just because of opinion; if we did, then humans would have died out a while ago.

I'm not D: In fact, I was trying to avoid that.

And I said I wasn't trying to do anything, I was just remebering a memory. Do you really have to say anything about that?

Lol, don't take it so personally. xd.png

I love horses, i wish i had a horse tough, they are really helpful.

Oh I have always wanted a horse I dream about them, I draw them, I know so much about them yet I dont have one. I WILL have a farm like type thing when Im old enough, I will have Clydesdales, Shires, and Gypsy Vanners/Irish Tinkers. I love draft horses, gosh I could go all flipping day talking about them. But yes I would LOVE to have a horse!!! And the smell is the best damn thing you could smell in the world! xd.png

Lol yea i agree i luv horseys sooooooo much tongue.gif but i am lucky to own one yay but i wanna get another one that is bigger and younger but then i'll have to sell da one i have now sad.gif

Ooh, ponehs! biggrin.gif

I've ridden for 11 years now. I've always longed to own one, but that never quite worked out, and being in university now, that would be a bit tough to manage...tongue.gif I do ride regularly though, focusing on jumpers and dressage. The horses I ride vary pretty widely.. blink.gif My most regular mount is a 16.2 hh dark bay TB named Arrow. I've been riding him for several years now, and we've got quite a bond. smile.gif On the more dressage-y side of things, I ride a couple of Lippies semi-regularly. I'm also helping to train a young Connemara/Hanoverian cross named Andreas. If you hadn't already guessed, I'm much more familiar with warmbloods and the sort tongue.gif love 'em to death. And warmblood/Arabian crosses...mmm.

The horse in my avatar is a 17 hh, 12-year-old Holsteiner/TB cross named Capone. We got him sometime last October. He was the first horse who was really my own personal project. He was bred and built to be an absolutely fabulous jumper, although he was mentally a bit of a mess - lots of Parelli games and learning that he could plow over his timid owner made an absolute pig of him. Man, did that horse have an attitude, and a serious buck to suit. We had finally started to work through some of his issues, and we were having a serious break through riding-wise, when - being a classic warmblood - he came up mysteriously lame. Yay. We tried all sorts of tests and diagnostics and such, no dice. Then, on top of it, he managed to twork his shoe and jam a nail up into his hoof, resulting in a lovely abscess. After the abscess cleared up this spring, he was still quite lame...-sighs- He's been stuck out to pasture for now - we're hoping that it may work itself out on its own. Unfortunately he may just end up being a great big pasture ornament. rolleyes.gif Freakin' warmbloods.

/rant xd.png

Haha, what do you expect saying horses are ugly in a horse lovers' thread? xd.png

Please quote where I said that?

And I just realized I didn't say horses aren't the most beatiful animals TO ME.

lol, I went through all this indignity (I tend to exaggerate, so yeah) because of a typo xd.png

Don't get me wrong though- like my first post, I like horses- just not more than any other animal.

One of my friends enjoys being trampled by horses. As long as they don't step on anything important to the body really hard, she's fine. Her brain damage is probably done by her little brother xd.png

Edited by hotbottleo'water1

I love horses, period! The most memorable time in my life, barring the birth of my kids, was when I was actually paid by a rental stable to ride horseback, keeping the rental riders out of trouble and preventing them from running their horses on hot days... Not bad for a city kid. I've been bitten, stepped on, kicked and shoveled the horse censorkip.gif, but I wouldn't trade the experience for nothing...

Wish I could have kept it up...

sigh. sad.gif

Edit by kiffren: Edited censor evasion out.

Edited by kiffren

I don't get the obsession, but I've ridden one before. I like them.

Horses are great. I've only rode some ponies, though. They feel good in a lot of respects.

I like horses. smile.gif They are big, and I like that. happy.gif I used to go to this place near where I live with horses there. I got to feed them and pet them. biggrin.gif But now that place is gone. sad.gif

Edited by Dragonwing1234