sapphiredragon73

Horses

lovely, lovely. all your horses are very beautiful! I wish i could own a horse... maybe when i get more competitive and my dad agrees. maybe.

Ramica: i did too! it was amazing, adn i would totally go again!

I love horses. I went horse-back riding awhile ago & it was so much fun. I would like to have a horse to ride around on, but I wouldn't know where to keep one.

I love horses! I used to ride english but then i got injured by a horse so i quit, i really want to start again but i am still injured mad.gif So i cant yet

Horses are pretty cool! They're on my top 10 favorite animals list. xd.png

I used to go to a horse camp when I was in 2nd grade, and I fell in love with a beautiful pinto horse name Oreo. She was beautiful!

Now, my favorite animal is a wolf, but I still like horses. smile.gif

i absolutely love horses!!! my first dragon was a horse dragon and i freaked out. laugh.gif i ride english once a week. i wish it could be more.

edited for coding.

Edited by hahahararara

I love horses. I went horse-back riding awhile ago & it was so much fun. I would like to have a horse to ride around on, but I wouldn't know where to keep one.

You can look it up and see if there are any equestrian centers or stables that accept horses for board. That is what I plan to do.

BUMPING

because I need to keep my passion for these beautiful creatures alive for the next three years so I'll save my money. I want a broke quarter horse gelding.

I loved horses my entire life and my mum bought me one 8 years ago wub.gif

I still have it, a now 16-year old dark-brown gelding called Falko ♥

I have a horse <3 She's a black quarter/Arabian cross, about 6 years old. She's gorgeous.~ <3 We call her Tango. I don't get to see her too often, though - we board her with my cousin in Oregon, because there aren't any reliable equestrian centers in Cali where we live ;3; I love her so much, though. owo

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

One thing that would be beneficial would be to wear a helmet (one that has not been used in a previous fall). I have taken 15+ falls, but only the one was a problem concussion wise.

Helmets are a great idea if you're not experienced and afraid of getting hurt. Also, your chances of falling off depend on how well the horse is broke/how much experience he or she has had. I have been riding horses for nine years now and have only fallen off two or three times. One time only because I was riding bareback in silky pajama pants. xd.png My family breeds, rears, and sells American Quarter Horses. We have 14 Quarter Horses and 1 thoroughbred.

Helmets are a great idea if you're not experienced and afraid of getting hurt. Also, your chances of falling off depend on how well the horse is broke/how much experience he or she has had. I have been riding horses for nine years now and have only fallen off two or three times. One time only because I was riding bareback in silky pajama pants. xd.png My family breeds, rears, and sells American Quarter Horses. We have 14 Quarter Horses and 1 thoroughbred.

Possibly irritating inquiry here but what state do you reside in?

Horses are perfectly fine animals, but I don't understand why all the girls my age love them so. They're just an animal, no more important than any other animal, of course including humans.

Horses are perfectly fine animals, but I don't understand why all the girls my age love them so. They're just an animal, no more important than any other animal, of course including humans.

Horses are pretty intelligent and very capable. It makes sense if people love them.

Helmets are a great idea if you're not experienced and afraid of getting hurt. Also, your chances of falling off depend on how well the horse is broke/how much experience he or she has had.

Helmets are a good idea regardless of experience, training, or fear. ANY horse, no matter how well-trained, can spook, and ANY rider can fall. Yes, with a experienced horse and rider the chances of falling are pretty small, but do you really want to be without a helmet on that one ride where everything goes wrong?

Once I was on a trail ride with a friend-- both of us had been riding for years, and we were on the most well-broke, calm horses ever on a familiar trail (right in her backyard). Well a deer broke out of the woods and scared her horse. He reared up in the air and kicked me in the head with a forefoot. You can bet I was damn glad I had a helmet.

Wow... that's incredibly lucky... God was definitely looking after you. And yes, it is wise to wear a helmet every time, but I just choose not to. I feel like it gets in my way. Also, I ride western style, so it doesn't really go. I know safety matters more than anything else, but it's just a personal preference.

If God was looking after me, the horse's hoof would have missed. :V He helps those who help themselves.

And I've never ridden English a day in my life, lol. For the show arena... sure, you can probably go without a helmet, but for training and trail rides it's really an essential piece of equipment.

Horses scare me o.o If I was to ride one, it would probably be after extensive coaxing by my friend, and I'd be wearing not only a helmet but also chest armor, knee pads, elbow pads, and shin guards.

How expensive does it get when it comes to boarding? I did some research and the ones in my area are two to four hundred dollars a month.

Helmets? Not crazy about them, mostly because I imagine riding with them in the summer would kind of suck.

You'd think so, but it's not true :3 Are they hotter than a cowboy hat, well of course. But they're not horrible. There's enough airspace in the padding that it stays cool. I would often completely forget I was even wearing my Troxel because it was so comfortable.

How expensive does it get when it comes to boarding? I did some research and the ones in my area are two to four hundred dollars a month.

My sister boards hers at a local place and we pay ~$200, but it's normally $300. She allows the trainer to use her horse in lessons and other riders use her horse in shows, because they don't own their own, so the barn gives her a break on the boarding.

Did your neck get injured in any way from the impact?

Nothing too serious, although it was a bit sore for a while afterwards. I had ducked & tucked my chin when I saw the horse rearing towards me, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

His other foot came down on my thigh, and that honestly hurt worse. I had a gorgeous bruise xd.png

My sister boards hers at a local place and we pay ~$200, but it's normally $300. She allows the trainer to use her horse in lessons and other riders use her horse in shows, because they don't own their own, so the barn gives her a break on the boarding.

I see. I'm getting a horse so I'm doing my research..

Nothing too serious, although it was a bit sore for a while afterwards. I had ducked & tucked my chin when I saw the horse rearing towards me, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

His other foot came down on my thigh, and that honestly hurt worse. I had a gorgeous bruise xd.png

Ouch... that really sucks. Glad it wasn't too serious though. Sounds like you need my old pony, Jazzy (she wasn't really that small, just one hand under being considered a horse). She's a buckskin paint and was literally spook-proof. Kids could play around her and jump around and scream and she wouldn't flinch even a bit. You could do somersaults off her back and even use the top of her head (the part between her ears) as a rest for your gun and fire with no reactions from her. She was so gentle and was truly a remarkable mare. I had her for a very long time and spend time with her every day and can honestly say I've never saw her spook at anything. I learned how to ride really well with her due to her exceeding cooperation. Once, I decided to purchase a buggy and harness for her since she would really take to anything. She'd never pulled a buggy before in her life and acted like she had been doing it all her life. She is so smart and I love her so much!!! I sold her because I knew a little girl who lived near me that really wanted a horse. I thought she'd be the perfect horse for her to learn on and the most risk-free. I still visit her a lot today because my dad is a farrier and trims her often. I miss her though. sad.gif