Saif

Pet Peeves

Dude, that's not what cliche means.

Although people who somehow feel superior because they don't like a thing that many other people like are annoying as hell. Wow, you have different taste in novels. Amazing. Get over it.

I know that isn't what it means... but you DO hear it used that way often enough.

Part of what I am griping about there, if I am honest.

When I think I finally have the perfect deck on Hearthstone, only to get annihilated by my opponent anyway. dry.gif

Annoying thing is looking at a text with so many words just to search for a phrase. tongue.gif And there is no Control+F (find function) when it's in paper.

smile.gif However, it cannot be helped. Plus, there's a glorious feeling when you really exert effort in finding that phrase or sentence and found it.

Getting those songs stuck in your head. Normally they don't bug me, but yesterday the song in question was from a horror video game I watched a lets play of. And it was late at night too. Bloody annoying.

When all three of our elevators in the building broke and we all have to use the stairs. I live in the 26th floor and so the winding stairs makes me dizzy. tongue.gif Good thing it really is only 25 floors as people do not know how to count and therefore we do not have 13th floor.

I know it's rare for guys to have long hair nowadays but seriously stop staring at me like I'm some freak of censorkip.gif nature dry.gif

When all three of our elevators in the building broke and we all have to use the stairs. I live in the 26th floor and so the winding stairs makes me dizzy. tongue.gif Good thing it really is only 25 floors as people do not know how to count and therefore we do not have 13th floor.

13th floors are usually deliberately kept out.

Liars.

Jesus, liars.

Like, why can't you tell the truth?

It's much easier than having to stick with a lie and mess up on it.

And cheaters.

Both of these go hand in hand.

Obviously if you have to cheat, honestly you need to just break up.

There is no 'saving the relationship' afterwards because you cheating will always be in the back of their head.

Why is it when you are trying to take a nap because you aren't feeling well that everyone in your family decides to run around screaming and generally making a lot of noise? dry.gif *is not very happy with being woken up*

My two 20-something year old sons, especially my youngest who's 22, both dependent on me financially, and their stupid, ridiculous and completely over the top ****ty attitudes and any other 20-somethings with similar attitudes all over the world.

Sometimes I feel like banging my head against the wall dealing with them and my stomach goes into knots. dry.gif

My youngest son had a major attitude this morning. Oh, yeah.

The first words out of his mouth were 'I thought you went to the store(grocery)yesterday?' And I replied, 'I did.' Then I get 'Then why isn't there anything to eat', said in this pissy, irritated, totally disrespectful, sulky tone, which immediately put my hackles up.

I reminded him that the reason there wasn't anything in the house that HE liked to eat was because yesterday when I tried to drag him out of that bed at 9 a.m to go to the grocery store with me so that he could pick out what he wanted to eat, he refused. He CHOSE to stay in bed. So be it. Off to the store I went.

My youngest is an extremely picky eater. Always has been. I got so sick of cooking and him ending up hating almost everything that I told him he was responsible for his own meals and could pick out his own food. Wasn't it enough that I paid for it? Evidently not. No, I have to make sure all his favorites are stocked and do the shopping so that he can relax in bed or else he feels justified in having attitude and hurling insults. Um...no.

After I mentioned that he could have chosen to get out of bed and go with me, he wanted to argu about it. That boggled my mind because how the hell you can you argu with logic and truth? Well, my son can...and does...on a regular basis. He has no use for the truth and makes that plain by getting pissed off whenever he's confronted with it. He said that I was 'irresponsible'. I went off like a rocket.

Losing my temper isn't something I normally do. But someone copping attitude with me, someone clearly in the wrong, well, I have no mercy or tolerance for dumb BS.

Here's what I'd like to say to both my boys.

I don't owe you.

I'm not responsible for you.

I don't make your bad choices for you.

I'm not your cook.

I'm not your maid.

I'm not your personal laundress.

I'm not your personal assistant.

But you damn sure expect me to be from what I'm seeing. By what right? I'm exhausted mentally from the battle get you to grow some and STAND UP. From the sheer weight of supporting two grown men. I'm worn out and worn down and you're oblivious.

I deal with anxiety. Bad anxiety. Depression. I've had years of it. I've been hammered and bombarded with stress from every quarter, have had to deal with countless problems, endless fires, one issue after another, some of which brought me to my knees and made me physically ill. Do I have, have I ever had, the luxury of using any of that as an excuse to NOT stand up? I wish. I wish I could tell myself how depressed I was and use that as an excuse to stay in bed avoiding reality. But I CAN'T. My son's can. And do. Must be freaking nice.

You're living on MY dime. I pay the bills, including YOUR bills. I provide the food you eat and the clothes you wear. I do it ALL, carry all the burden of dealing with a house and all that entails, dealing with trying to skimp and save and I do all the worrying, stressing and sweating over keeping the machine well oiled and running. I'm the one losing sleep at night, I'm the one dealing with the added BURDEN of dealing with two GROWN ADULTS who do nothing for themselves, or me, but censorkip.gif*. And feel oh so justified doing it, too. Really now. mad.gif

I want to lie in bed and play video games all day. I want to sleep until noon. I want to relax and do things I enjoy. I want the sheer LUXURY of not having to worry about a stinking thing. I want the sheer LUXURY of being able to use excuses to avoid responsibility, live off someone else completely for free, rest easy in the justifications I give myself for being lazy and slack, rejoice in my absolute conviction that my mistakes, my lack of planning and thought, my CHOICE to do NOTHING, my endless excuses, are all SOMEONE ELSE's FAULT so I can sleep easy at night, ready to wake refreshed and energized for the next days finger pointing. Ah, wouldn't life be grand? I wouldn't know.

I want you off my freaking back already, truth be told. I don't want to CARRY you anymore. Yeah, you're my kids and I love you more than anything or anyone. What's love got to do with it?

To my sons...STFU. Just....SHUT it. I'm not even hearing you.

Edited by MedievalMystic

When people (mostly my grandma) tries to force me to do things I don't wanna do and I tell her this and she refuses to listen trying to convince how much fun playing games with church kids is

1. I'm not religious

2. The one time I did go all they talked about was god..not interested

3. My Destiny awaits me so leave me alone laugh.gif

I don't wanna play games at church with teens my age so please stop getting an attitude with me because it's a petty thing to get pissed over and I'm done talking about it with you

Church people and I have nothing in common I wish she would understand this dry.gif

My two 20-something year old sons, especially my youngest who's 22, both dependent on me financially, and their stupid, ridiculous and completely over the top ****ty attitudes and any other 20-somethings with similar attitudes all over the world.

Sometimes I feel like banging my head against the wall dealing with them and my stomach goes into knots. dry.gif

The first words out of his mouth were 'I thought you went to the store(grocery)yesterday?' And I replied, 'I did.' Then I get 'Then why isn't there anything to eat', said in this pissy, irritated, totally disrespectful, sulky tone, which immediately put my hackles up.

I reminded him that the reason there wasn't anything in the house that HE liked to eat was because yesterday when I tried to drag him out of that bed at 9 a.m to go to the grocery store with me so that he could pick out what he wanted to eat, he refused. He CHOSE to stay in bed. So be it. Off to the store I went.

My youngest is an extremely picky eater. Always has been. I got so sick of cooking and him ending up hating almost everything that I told him he was responsible for his own meals and could pick out his own food. Wasn't it enough that I paid for it? Evidently not. No, I have to make sure all his favorites are stocked and do the shopping so that he can relax in bed or else he feels justified in having attitude and hurling insults. Um...no.

After I mentioned that he could have chosen to get out of bed and go with me, he wanted to argu about it. That boggled my mind because how the hell you can you argu with logic and truth? Well, my son can...and does...on a regular basis. He has no use for the truth and makes that plain by getting pissed off whenever he's confronted with it. He said that I was 'irresponsible'. I went off like a rocket.

Losing my temper isn't something I normally do. But someone copping attitude with me, someone clearly in the wrong, well, I have no mercy or tolerance for dumb BS.

I don't owe you.

I'm not your cook.

I'm not your maid.

But you damn sure expect me to be from what I'm seeing. By what right? I'm exhausted mentally from the battle get you to grow some and STAND UP. From the sheer weight of supporting two grown men. I'm worn out and worn down and you're oblivious.

I deal with anxiety. Bad anxiety. Depression. I've had years of it. I've been hammered and bombarded with stress from every quarter, have had to deal with countless problems, endless fires, one issue after another, some of which brought me to my knees and made me physically ill. Do I have, have I ever had, the luxury of using any of that as an excuse to NOT stand up? I wish. I wish I could tell myself how depressed I was and use that as an excuse to stay in bed avoiding reality. But I CAN'T. My son's can. And do. Must be freaking nice.

You're living on MY dime. I pay the bills, including YOUR bills. I provide the food you eat and the clothes you wear. I do it ALL, carry all the burden of dealing with a house and all that entails, dealing with trying to skimp and save and I do all the worrying, stressing and sweating over keeping the machine well oiled and running. I'm the one losing sleep at night, I'm the one dealing with the added BURDEN of dealing with two GROWN ADULTS who do nothing for themselves, or me, but censorkip.gif*. And feel oh so justified doing it, too. Really now. mad.gif

I want to lie in bed and play video games all day. I want to sleep until noon. I want to relax and do things I enjoy. I want the sheer LUXURY of not having to worry about a stinking thing. I want the sheer LUXURY of being able to use excuses to avoid responsibility, live off someone else completely for free, rest easy in the justifications I give myself for being lazy and slack, rejoice in my absolute conviction that my mistakes, my lack of planning and thought, my CHOICE to do NOTHING, my endless excuses, are all SOMEONE ELSE's FAULT so I can sleep easy at night, ready to wake refreshed and energized for the next days finger pointing. Ah, wouldn't life be grand? I wouldn't know.

I want you off my freaking back already, truth be told. I don't want to CARRY you anymore. Yeah, you're my kids and I love you more than anything or anyone. What's love got to do with it?

Just because you are related to someone doesn't mean you have to do stuff for them. Just don't. Much better for your blood pressure than getting cross.

"You chose not to come to the store - so no, there probably isn't anything you want to eat. Not my fault. You are 20 years old. Move into your own place, or live by MY rules which include eating what I buy if you are too lazy to help choose it."

I thought you were into tough love ? There is no way I would have put up with that one - and MY mother is in a home and I am not co-operating with her hysterics, nor did I do more than tell her to get help in the house before she gave up and decided on the home. As I say - just because you are related does NOT confer rights. Except for babies, who really can't cope by themselves. Take the luxuries you want. Stay in bed and the hell with the tow of them.

dry.gif Oh dear! Episodes of rude people hogging up your space even if you try to tell them nicely you have to study. Oh my mind... So many things to do with increasing entropy on my desk (obviously made by someone since I'm a semi-neat freak; I'd know if my things were touched even at the slightest.), cannot concentrate. Too many distractions. sad.gif *cry*

Now that is out of my system, smile.gif back to work. *rushes off*

Edited by georgexu94

Magnesium deficiency. I have it and it is the most crippling illness I have ever had. Can't leave the house for very long, and if I do, I get incredibly nauseous. Constant muscle and nerve twitches, physical muscle pain, fatigue, loss of appetite and severe light and noise sensitivity.

What's worse is that it could take up to 6 months for me to completely recover. Ahahah....this sucks. I just want to be healthy again.

I absolutely MUST be watching some kind of video when I'm eating food. I'm so overly obsessed with computer usage that I'll get distracted and completely forget about my food.

I don't like cold or reheated food.

That said, I gotta use my laptop to watch a video on full screen so im not trying to do a million things on the internet. >.<

Food waste.

I really dislike food waste in restaurants. I was making fish fingers out of haddock fillets tonight and I was told, "not to worry about wasting the ends, just even it off and make fingers from the rest."

I went hungry this past summer and wasting perfectly good meat hurts. So I asked if I could take the bits home, and I'll make fish nuggets for dinner tomorrow. So it did not go to waste really.

ALso, I've been able to take day old buns we bake home.

But food waste tends to irritate me. Food is beautiful and just throwing it out is sad. There are also people out there who would enjoy things like this bread - even day old. It's quite amazing.

I don't owe you.

I'm not your cook.

I'm not your maid.

If I had to deal with that, I would just kick them out and tell them to go find their own damn house, because they are old enough that they should have some form of job and they should at least hel you around the house. You're the parent right? Do you have control over them? If so I would recommend the above, because nobody deserves to be treated like that, least of all parents. If you want to punish them less severely, take away their video games/TV/privileges until they agree to behave and help (though I'm not sure that would work with adults). Or maybe tell your fussy son that if he doesn't like it, he can go hungry or go get his own food. Do your sons plan to get jobs? If so then make sure they keep at it, otherwise encourage them to maybe apply for something

I hope some of that is useful, I'm sorry you have to deal with that sad.gif

If I had to deal with that, I would just kick them out and tell them to go find their own damn house, because they are old enough that they should have some form of job and they should at least hel you around the house. You're the parent right? Do you have control over them? If so I would recommend the above, because nobody deserves to be treated like that, least of all parents. If you want to punish them less severely, take away their video games/TV/privileges until they agree to behave and help (though I'm not sure that would work with adults). Or maybe tell your fussy son that if he doesn't like it, he can go hungry or go get his own food. Do your sons plan to get jobs? If so then make sure they keep at it, otherwise encourage them to maybe apply for something

I hope some of that is useful, I'm sorry you have to deal with that sad.gif

Oh, I agree totally. Unfortunately, without going into detail, it's really complicated and not possible.

My sons know very well when they've pushed me too far. I'm quiet and don't ever talk much unless I feel something is worth saying. I hardly ever lose my temper. But push me too far, one time too many, with bad behavior and I'm not afraid to go to war and my boys know it. My son's are grown men, over 6' tall and both are big guys, age 22 and 26. No, I don't have control over them and can't very well spank them and take their toys away. lol Would that I could. dry.gif But I do have an ugly temper if I feel disrespected or pushed too far and big as they are, they don't like unleashing that beast.

And I have no sympathy for my son's ridiculous picky eating habits. I have told him to shut it and starve. I really don't give a crap anymore and he knows it. It's called 'consequences' and they best learn to get off their butts and deal with them.

Since this post, I'm happy to report that they have gotten much better about doing what they need to and being more responsible, thank God. I'm not their keeper and frankly, I'm not trying to lead grown men by the hand.

I'll admit it, I flat out told them that they were acting like losers, were a royal pain in my ass and that I was sick to my bones dealing with the whining of 22 and 26 year old men with the mentality of little boys and that they needed to man the hell up, get with the freaking program and start taking responsibility for themselves and get the hell off my back. Among other things. I think I made my point abundantly clear. After that, things shaped up nicely.

I know, I'm a big, bad meanie and how could I say such harsh, cold, insensitive things and hurt their feelings that way...

Easily.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I hate it when people pick on emos, goths punks etc, when they know nothing about it and tend to just believe the stereotypes, or when people force their religion or beliefs onto me.

This is going to be somewhat lengthy.

- 10 year olds who think that they're "mature for their age." Embrace your immaturity, kid. Don't focus on growing up so fast.

- Using memes unironically, especially in real life.

- People who consider themselves superior to others just because they don't listen to pop and famous singers. You're not special. People find you annoying.

- Talking about anime in real life outside of cons/an anime club. It's embarrassing and the classroom is not a place to talk about Eren Jaeger.

- When people assume I don't feel emotions. Of course I feel emotions, I'm a human being. For example, right now I'm pissed off at you.

- Vegans who enforce their diets on their pets. This is the big one. You can do as you please, but it is absolutely irresponsible to enforce your diet on a cat, a carnivorous animal that needs acids such as Taurine, which is difficult to obtain outside of meat, to survive. Dogs are a bit better, being omnivorous, but require a balance of both to be at their healthiest.

- Children. I loathe them for no reason. Babies included.

- Those "Social Justice Warriors" who make everything far more dramatic than it needs to be. I won't say anything else.