Saif

Pet Peeves

@ MedievalMystic -

I agree with you to some extent. But you should also realize that if you have the right to speak logically, they also have the right to express their feelings through words. And there is something to be said for using tact when trying to talk to someone overly emotional. They can't think logically, and 99 out of 100, they don't want your input, just your ears. If you can't give them that, then sometimes it is best to just use the wisdom of Thumper in Bambi: If you have nothing nice to say, say nothin' at all. Now, if they were asking for your advice, then they have only themselves to blame if they can't take your advice. I didn't mean to challenge your pet peeve, btw. It is highly valid, and sometimes I get to feeling that way too, because I've been told I can be very blunt.

And I agree with you as well. Everyone, every single person, has the right to express their feelings. No doubt about it. But nobody, not one single person, has the right to demand that ANYONE be silent because they simply don't like what they're hearing or because it doesn't gel with their own viewpoint or because the views of others 'hurt' them and they feel the petting and stroking that they're entitled to and demand as their God given right and due isn't forthcoming. What a load of absolute crap. dry.gif It is NOT ok that someone, anyone, can scream about their 'hurt feelings' and by that alone, even if nothing mean, derogatory, abusive or rude was said, silence those around them.

Sometimes the truth isn't nice. Sometimes people are being flat out morons. Sometimes people make big, fat mistakes. Not only do they make big, fat mistakes, they make them over and over, endlessly, and don't learn from them. How the hell do these people ever learn if nobody is allowed to tell them the TRUTH? These are the same people demanding asspats from everyone around them and crying foul and 'hurt' if they don't get the stroking they're 'entitled' to. THEY DON'T DESERVE IT! Nothing burns more than seeing and dealing with that crap. If I see wrong doing, any wrong doing, I should have every single right in the world to call it what it is without fear of being cencored in ANY way simply because someone can't handle the truth. I should NOT be in trouble for speaking the truth. I should NOT be called on honesty. I should NOT be slapped with labels such as 'rude' or 'insensitive' for that. It's not about not having anything 'nice' to say. It's about simply voicing an opinion, trying to give good, sound advice or opinions, then being slapped down and labeled because someone can't handle any view that differs from their own and interprets any view that differs from their own as 'mean'. God, I get so sick of that censorkip.gif.

I am not defined by anyone's freaking labels because they can't handle reality and common freaking sense. If people have the right to scream and cry about their problems, I have the right to express my views on those problems if they're doing their screaming in PUBLIC. Nobody has the right to stifle anyone's views and thoughts. Period. Not for ANY reason. If people have a right to piss and moan I have a right to respond to it as I see fit. NOBODY demands my sympathy as their God given right if I don't feel they're entitled to it. Nobody has any right to demand that I give it because they're right and they deserve it. Like hell some people do. mad.gif

This peeve is so huge with me. I need to quit talking about it before my blood pressure rises any higher.

user posted image

Let's see how long it takes for this post to be deleted.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Let's see how long it takes for this post to be deleted.

Don't see why it should be - but always remember that one person's truth is another person's lie. What you see as the truth that needs to be heard could equally well be something that wrecks everything for the person you deliver it to. Silence can be VERY golden.

Mine (today) is politicians. I doubt if I need to explain.

This happened to me so many times in the last few months. It doesn't make me angry, just really frustrated and sad

When people need help making something and are actively looking for people who can help but never reply back to those who actually want to help. If I've done it before, I have no problems helping them out building whatever they need, for free. But being ignored for months after volunteering, while they keep asking for help, kind of hurts. It just looks like they don't want help, or maybe they don't want my help? I really want to contribute to a project of this kind, so I guess it feels more annoying because of that

Maybe if I start charging money, they will want my help. It seems to work for everyone else in my area.

I hate when people I live with gobble up all my food.

It only takes maybe a bit less to feed myself on $60 a month but dang...

I spent over $300 on food just to get scraps and for roommates to snarf it all. Rude. sleep.gif

People who fail to drive like they should. It is really that hard to use a turn signal when switching lanes or turning a corner?!

Ahh! I came on here to write that very same thing. Turn signal people! Turn signal!

(Edited 'cause I realized I had entirely too many !'s)

Edited by OceanSecrets

I hate when people I live with gobble up all my food.

It only takes maybe a bit less to feed myself on $60 a month but dang...

I spent over $300 on food just to get scraps and for roommates to snarf it all. Rude. sleep.gif

That would be a HUGE peeve for me. That's not just rude, that's taking advantage and disrespecting you. Had it been me, those roommates would have thought all the devils from hell had been unleashed when I got done verbally flaying them alive telling them what I thought of that crap. Bet the first time they pulled that mess would have been the last. Then again, I'd have let people know how I felt and made it clear straight up from the get go and I would hope they'd have gotten it. Don't touch my stuff, especially without asking, no matter what it is, food and drinks included. Period. If they couldn't respect that, I'd find new roommates that would.

Edited by MedievalMystic

People not using their turn signal, definitely. Happens a lot here in the city; I often cross the street because an upcoming car seems to be going straight, only for them to turn my way. And then they have the nerve to look at me as if I did something wrong.

People not using their turn signal, definitely. Happens a lot here in the city; I often cross the street because an upcoming car seems to be going straight, only for them to turn my way. And then they have the nerve to look at me as if I did something wrong.

Ohhh this is a MASSIVE one for me!! Except when I cross the road by my house, because they don't indicate I assume they're going straight, so I cross the little road... Turns out they're turning onto the road I'm busy crossing after all :/ And they have the nerve to honk at me on top of that!!

Edited by bluesonic1

Also to add to the list: people who can't keep promises or back out of plans at the last minute.

I have some friends who do that all the time and it's super annoying.

If you say you're going to do something, just do it!

Also to add to the list: people who can't keep promises or back out of plans at the last minute.

I have some friends who do that all the time and it's super annoying.

If you say you're going to do something, just do it!

Ohhh I know! I had a friend who would do that to me all the time. mad.gif Why make a promise if you aren't sure you can accomplish it in the first place? The least you could do is say "I don't know, I'll try to do it, but if I can't, I apologize because I'm just so busy" or something. That way if you don't do it I won't be so upset because I knew you might not be able to get to it. It IS annoying.

Another pet peeve of mine is backwashing. If I let you take a sip from my bottle, don't you dare do it! That's why I usually never let people take a swig of anything of mine. Although I know it's usually just accidental, but still. It's gross.

Stupid women that are attracted to serial killers.

I was watching an interview with Richard Ramirez, aka, 'The Night Stalker' serial killer, on youtube. I can't count how many women were posting, saying what a 'hottie' he was and how attracted they were to him. I couldn't believe what I was reading. I wonder if their last thought, if it had been them he was about to carve up, would have been 'Wow, at least I'm being murdered by a HOTTIE'. dry.gif

Stupid women that are attracted to serial killers.

I was watching an interview with Richard Ramirez, aka, 'The Night Stalker' serial killer, on youtube. I can't count how many women were posting, saying what a 'hottie' he was and how attracted they were to him. I couldn't believe what I was reading. I wonder if their last thought, if it had been them he was about to carve up, would have been 'Wow, at least I'm being murdered by a HOTTIE'. dry.gif

Ughhh I know right?!

How thick could a person get?!

Like, lady don't you realize what you're getting into?

Oh wait...

If stupid people allow themselves to die, we end up with a smarter populace.

I like this.....?

Is it bad that I like this?

Gonna sit in a corner and think about it.

i hate how easily offended everyone is nowadays. it seems you can't post anything online without someone seeing it as sexist or racist or mean. it's so ridiculous and it kind of makes me hate social media.

What you said, Kea, X 1000. What gets me is why the oh so easily offended expect everyone to give a crap. dry.gif

i hate how easily offended everyone is nowadays. it seems you can't post anything online without someone seeing it as sexist or racist or mean. it's so ridiculous and it kind of makes me hate social media.

Same here.

You can't say anything without someone getting upset.

When people misspell my name as "Tazzy". Sorry, but it really gets to me. There's two a's in my name, not one. It results in my work not getting credited, and it's happened before. Just irks me. Remember to tap that 'a' key again after the z.

People who misuse the word "literally".

People who spit on the sidewalk for no damn reason.

People who chew with their mouths open. WHY DO THEY STILL EXIST?!

People who think everything is funny somehow.

The sound of an infant crying.

The sound of an infant... doing anything besides not being within my general area.

Dudebros.

And as this person stated, Politically Correct Crybabies.

Edited by Brotato

Drivers who come to a complete stop before inching their way over a speed bump. It's a speed bump, not a stop sign.

Drivers who come to a complete stop before inching their way over a speed bump. It's a speed bump, not a stop sign.

^THIS. There is this AWFUL speedbump near my house, and it is amazing how many people slow down to 5mph or less.

Do you guys live down the road from me?

Yup, same speed bump peeve!

It's awful now, they stop and create a glaze of ice to get over it, then more ice glaze up the hill from spinning their tires. Thanks people... Pretty soon anyone without four wheel drive will slide right down the hill.

I can't wait to move.

sad.gif Well, I'm happy that a fellow returned a black pen. That was so long ago, around two months. Anyway, since I counted it as something that won't be returned, I bought another two of those pens. Alas! Now I have a stack of pens and I don't use black so much. It'll last me a year or so. I hope the ink won't dry up then.

People at the gym who don't wipe down the workout equipment after they're done with it. Seriously, it takes only a few seconds to grab a disinfectant wipe and clean up after yourself. No one wants to sit in your butt sweat. Oh, and protip: using the sweat drenched rag you've been carrying under your armpit doesn't count.