Saif

Pet Peeves

I've been reblogging several misandry and sexism-related posts on tumblr in the past few days.

Someone I know IRL unfollowed my personal tumblr and tweeted passive-aggressively about how he's tired of all the misandry on his dashboard and how it's not going to change anything, just make some people (men) feel bad.

Lol wow.

1) This is why it's so hard to get something done when you point out why a group of people is feeling scared to engage with and be harassed by another group of people, and then they turn it around about how you are hurting them with your claims;

2) Oh right, I'm still property that can be sold for a dozen cows and stoned if suspected in cheating, or being impure in another way or whatever. How did I ever forget that, silly me.

I removed that person from everywhere besides dA where they just post their photos - Twitter, FB, Skype, Tumblr, you name it. I also kinda know that person IRL since they come to local devmeets so I hope they won't be a ****ing creep about it when/if they come to the local meet in 10 days.

He also has huge victim complex and likes to turn around his censorkip.gif as everybody ganging up on him. I actually replied that according to his logic his so-loved girlfriend and his mother, too, are sellable property - in a way I believe that the more gutpunching an example is, the better a person may learn the principle that is conveyed to them. Man, that felt so good to get off my chest.

Edited by lightbird

Guys... Most of those aren't pet peeves. Pet peeves are something that annoy you more than they should without any good reason. If you have every right to be angry about something, it's not a pet peeve. Getting angry at other people being censorkip.gif***s is not a pet peeve. I just think that should be made clear.

Everyone at my school making fun of Japanese [since i'm learning it at the moment]. they say ni-hao kai-lan is Japanese and I just want to punch their user posted imageing faces off at that.

People with horrible grammar. Many a keyboard has met my face because of them...

Cliches, especially in RP. I nearly rip the armrests of my chair at tragic backstories, "my [insert relative]'s legendary sword", humanimals (in RPs that aren't centered on things such as genetic hybrids), and Technicolor eyes/skin/hair.

Bad writing. Not because the writer isn't a natural English speaker, but because it's just plain bad. I hate scrolling through textwalls of pure fecal matter to find something cool. (Not naming anybody in particular, but they are most definitely on these forums.)

Oh and toddlers/babies eating. Pre-chewed food falling from an open mouth is gross. You try to look away, but it's hard to when you are forced to sit next to them.

Edited by SUP3RSPAWN3R

If a pet peeve is something that bothers me more than it should...

I'm told that the bird I'm forced to live with screeching all day long at top decibels without cease is normal and that I should be able to deal with it. I despise that bird and have become overly noise sensitive as a result. If I should really not be bothered by it, then that's my main #1 pet peeve - birds screeching incessantly.

In fact, I wonder how many others would find this too annoying to live with.

When people chew with their mouths open. The sound drives me crazy.

Edited by alupe99a

When people in charge of things fail to do what they are legaly supposed to do without nudging and prodding or justwon't do it.

My computer's tendency to lag when I'm in a hurry.

People who let their children scream in church. I give babies a pass if the parents do something about it as fast as they can. It's the people who sit there like "yeah, that's my kid" that bug me. The choir loft is in front of the church. I can see the whole congregation. I KNOW which kids are screaming. (And no, they don't have autism or anything. They're noisy.)

People who assume I have an eating disorder because I'm scarily thin. It's just how I am. I eat and eat and eat and don't gain weight. My mom is the same way, or was until she had children. Combine that with being petite and short waisted with long legs and I've got a weird body. Before you get jealous, though, I should warn you that for me, finding clothes that fit and look age appropriate is almost impossible. I can spend five hours in a store and come out with maybe one shirt or skirt. I have the body of a nine year old boy, I swear. (I don't normally care unless I have to dress up. Otherwise I'm a sweatpants and t-shirt person.)

And btw, I really hate body shaming and people who judge skinny people or say girls without curves aren't real women. Newsflash! Womanhood is mental. It's not tied to a uterus, hips or boobs. It's what's inside the mind. wink.gif I think, therefore I am!

Lastly, my biggest peeve is people bugging me when I'm crungry. I'll get back to you after I've stuffed my face! Hunger makes me cranky, hence my term "crungry!" xd.png

People with demanding entitlement attitudes on internet games that I play. dry.gif

On another game that I play, I have a device that can test for the genes/mutations of the offspring of my breeding pairs while they're still babies. If you don't have that device, you have to wait to see what genes/mutations they carry or show until they've matured a little.

Yesterday, a user PM'd me, asking if I did genetic testing. I told her I didn't and pointed out the threads in the forums where other users..a lot of other users.. do genetic testing for free. I was friendly.

She PM'd me back, saying, 'Well, I really need these done" and included the links to the pets, like she fully expected me to leap up and test them simply because she needed...and demanded...it.

I read her response as 'Well, I don't care if you don't do testing, I need these pets tested, therefore you'll be doing it, right?' I didn't even respond.

Edited by MedievalMystic

other people chewing with their mouths open and smacking their lips

it drives me insane

other people chewing with their mouths open and smacking their lips

it drives me insane

Yeah,me too

My classmates very often just keep staring at me and make weird noises behind my back. It's very irritating, especially if the teacher can hear them too, but doesn't do anything about it.

biggrin.gif Hello Dragon Cave friends, acquaintances and other beautiful people. Anyone here who hates spoilers? Spoilers as in spoilers from movies, television shows, books and others are a pet peeve to them.

My personal opinion about spoilers:

My enjoyment doesn't lower by any step when I spoilt myself with spoilers and watch it wink.gif because I'm Filipino that way. It's a long story if you want to know about it. It was told by our Filipino 14 prof how the Filipinos watch plays even though they already know the story plot and sing with the actors. They watch it over and over every time. But! Every time the style of singing would be different. People just enjoy going through it. Same goes for me. Plus, reading is different from watching so for example when I read a character is shocked. I want to see their expression. My imagination of the shocked expression is always different from the actual.

Disclaimer: Not all Filipinos are like that and this, you have to respect their opinions. Know first if they want to be spoiled or not. Modern Filipinos don't like to spoiled of their favourite movies or television shows too. I was referring to people of the olden days or tribal and was talking about those plays of long ago that are ballads, poems like the Adarna Bird, Biag ni Lam-Ang (Legend of Lam-Ang) and folk lores and songs.

Pet Peeves! Arghh! Nosey Landlords who keep checking in on you to see you aren't wrecking their place. Dang it I rented it. I am paying you to use it. No one is complaining why are you forever wanting to see the inside of the home?

Babies and toddlers. Don't hate me for it, I just hate some of the things they do. They cry loads, they eat really messily, they are always needing something, they can't really do much themselves and the fact that people are always cooing over them. I'm glad I only have one brother who is no longer a toddler.

My cats and their 'gifts'. They brought yet another dead mouse into the sunroom. I didn't see it and stepped on it. I pulled my foot away instantly as soon as I felt it and didn't squish it, thank God, but still... bleh. >_<

When most people call me Sheldon from Big Bang. It's been said by mistake sometimes but oftentimes it's to mock because I look like I'm being bald with receding hairline. Also, the voice.

That is six (6) persons too many!

When People at work refuse to write down what they had done so no one can come behind them to finish the job, thus guaranteeing 2 days worth of work to this person.

I hate when I go to get some icecream, only to find that my brother and father have eaten the last of it. I also hate it when someone says something like this "The goo is expanding at a molecular level" to someone and the other person rudely says "In english please" because they don't know what they mean. That is RUDE, if you want to know just say "Could you please say that again, but using simpler words?"

- "EW IT'S AN ANIMAL I DON'T LIKE KILL IT WITH FIRE"

- "Haha what sane person would ever enjoy math?" (especially since this is, like, socially acceptable to say for some reason??? Wow yeah don't worry about our feelings or anything)

- "That's just my opinion. Wait, what do you mean you don't agree?! STOP VIOLATING MY RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH OH MY GOD"

- corollary: "Well personally I don't think it's necessary because I won't need it. So what's the point of offering the option to anyone else?"

The easily offended.

Self pity.

Entitlement attitudes.

People that play the blame game.

A victim mentality instead of a survivor mentality.

People that would rather make excuses instead of taking action.

This disgusting, overly PC world.

Edited by MedievalMystic

My dad and brother's tendency to leave the frying pan handle sticking out off the stovetop. Basic kitchen safety!

Edited by Ansela Jonla

People who get mad at people when they call 'Gold' 'Gold'.

People who get mad at people when they call 'Gold' 'Butter/Budder'.

People who get mad at people when they call 'Gold/Butter/Budder' 'Yellow Ingot, Why did I call it a "Yellow Ingot"? Because it IS YELLOW. I don't care if you call it Budder or Gold. I call it Yellow Ingots, you call it Budder, he calls it Gold. DEAL WITH IT.

Yes, I watch Team Crafted, well, mostly SSundee and Sky. But I don't flame people when they mention Gold/Whatever the heck you wanna call it.

I don't care if you call the yellow ingot Gold, Budder, Cheese, or whatever.

But if you call it butter/budder/cheese, how am I suppose to know if you mean you're using a Mod that adds Budder while keeping Gold? It's like calling Half-Life 'Waffles'! How will anyone know if you mean 'Half-Life' or 'Waffles' when you can 'I'm gonna buy a waffle'? It's bloody confusing!

Edited by Drinking_Water

People who fail to keep their word/promises drive me nuts.

Tech support whom you can't understand due to a heavy accent.

My penchant for losing articles I need.

The dog needing to be walked when I already got ready for bed and there is no one else here to do it.