Saif

Pet Peeves

Both of my son's ridiculous picky eating habits. dry.gif

My youngest son doesn't like pork in any way shape or form, except bacon now and again.

My older son loves pork.

My youngest loves BBQ beef. My oldest hates it.

Neither will eat vegetables with the exception of potatoes, which my oldest son will eat in any form, my youngest only eats french fries. God forbid I cook something that has a speck of green in it. It's automatically rejected, no holds barred. I can't even get them to taste something. Any kind of salad is out of the question.

My youngest son likes some Mexican food, my older son hates it.

Both hate all condiments except ketchup.

My oldest son likes some seafood. My younger son hates it all.

My older son likes some soups and stews. My youngest son hates most soups and stews.

Then they piss and moan that 'I never cook anything'. Gee, I can't imagine why.

Both eat chicken but claim they're 'tired' of it and why can't I cook something else? Yeah? Like what?

I once made a chicken dish with a sour cream sauce. Both detest sour cream and rejected the dish out of hand when they realized it had sour cream in it. I made the dish a week later saying it was chicken and 'cheese' sauce. They both sucked it down like starving dogs. Then I told them it was sour cream sauce.

If I do cook, I have to do it on the sly so they don't see what goes in it. It's so hard finding anything at all that I can fix for us as a family.

I told them that if they wanted to eat, they best start scrounging because I was done.

**headdesk**

sad.gif I feel sorry for you. That's just rude of them. Like what fuzzbucket said, serve the food whatever it is then if they don't eat it, it is their lost; they get hungry.

I'll overreact a bit here. ohmy.gif However, I cannot understand why some people would eat only a form of same thing and not another, like the pork and bacon. I mean usually people who likes pork likes bacon and vice versa.

==========

There are three kinds of people who react differently with injustice. These are: benevolents, sensitives and entitleds.

1. Benevolents are those who don't mind getting the bad side of the trade and are comfortable to see others get a good side. However, they feel uncomfortable to see themselves get the good side of a trade while others get the bad side.

2. Entitleds are the reverse of benevolent. They scream injustice when they get the bad side of the deal while others get the good side.

3. Sensitives are those who are uncomfy with any form of injustice.

Now, my leanings are more on sensitive but I don't mind being a benevolent once in a while. However, I feel people treat me like censorkip.gif sometimes. dry.gif It tends to be annoying.

Also, whenever I see some people who are entitleds, I have a strong urge to kick them in the face. They sound like whining toddlers in an adult body. Not a pleasant sight.

It's a silly pet peeve but I hate when people leave kitchen cabinets open and don't bother to shut them.

There are three kinds of people who react differently with injustice. These are: benevolents, sensitives and entitleds.

1. Benevolents are those who don't mind getting the bad side of the trade and are comfortable to see others get a good side. However, they feel uncomfortable to see themselves get the good side of a trade while others get the bad side.

2. Entitleds are the reverse of benevolent. They scream injustice when they get the bad side of the deal while others get the good side.

3. Sensitives are those who are uncomfy with any form of injustice.

Now, my leanings are more on sensitive but I don't mind being a benevolent once in a while. However, I feel people treat me like censorkip.gif sometimes. dry.gif It tends to be annoying.

Also, whenever I see some people who are entitleds, I have a strong urge to kick them in the face. They sound like whining toddlers in an adult body. Not a pleasant sight.

I guess it all depends on the context.

If someone's complaining about a minor thing that doesn't really affect their life in any way, I can see getting upset at "entitleds", but when it's a serious issue that harms them or their loved ones in some way, I don't blame them at all for yelling. I was in the Army for a few years and they teach you that the first step in solving a problem is to identify the problem. If everyone refuses to talk about the problem, it's going to be pretty hard to identify it and make it go away.

I guess a lack of empathy is what irritates me the most here. But of course if someone is complaining about pretty much nothing, they lack empathy too: they don't care that they're irritating other people.

(I bring all this up because I *have* seen people get irritated at "entitleds" that are yelling about serious, life-threatening stuff. It's as if they honestly believe misfortune will never touch them personally, so why should they have to hear about anyone else's problems?)

Coffee grinds in the sugar. Seriously people, get a different spoon to make your toast. This isn't that difficult.

People who eat with their mouths open, WHY DO YOU STILL EVEN EXIST?!

Edited by Brotato

I'm annoyed at how conflicted I'm getting with types of books. I like nice long books (Like 500+ pages) but sometimes the book feels too long, and I get bored of reading it for so long. Some shorter books on the other hand are good, but I often have to get like 4 books to get the whole series, which can be annoying. Oh, what's a reader to do?

I share C88's pet peeve, plus 2 more:

The pen clicking, and people who stop me from talking when I believe I had a decent idea.

When someone spreads lies about me to get my friends (and admirers) to turn against me and hate me. Because they angered me to the point of no return and clearly can't get over it.

Like wow....thanks.

When someone spreads lies about me to get my friends (and admirers) to turn against me and hate me. Because they angered me to the point of no return and clearly can't get over it.

Like wow....thanks.

I like it when people talk behind my back, because that's one way to find out who's your real friend and who isn't. By their reaction to the gossiping censorkip.gif wits. And besides.

“Never explain―your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.”

― Elbert Hubbard

Another one of my pet Peeves is the sound of a crying infant.

After having been on multiple flights where a child is going mental nearby and annoying the ever-loving hell out of me, well I need not go on.

“Never explain―your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.”

― Elbert Hubbard

smile.gif Wise words. Wise words. I feel grateful for finding that here. I've been tired explaining things to people. They keep contradicting me anyway.

People who eat with their mouths open, WHY DO YOU STILL EVEN EXIST?!

Unfortunately, my younger brother still does, and I warn him every single time but he still does it dry.gif *sighs*

For me:

• People who pick their nose and wipe it everywhere/eat it

• Kids that pee in the pool

• Those that keep shaking their legs and creating a squeaking sound in their chair during class. Please. Stop. ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

I have never liked it when people ask to borrow my pens/pencils. They are like my children and I get eeky when they touch them, ESPECIALLY when they don't return them!

I have never liked it when people ask to borrow my pens/pencils. They are like my children and I get eeky when they touch them, ESPECIALLY when they don't return them!

Life lesson learned: never let people borrow your stationary in school. They never return it *sighs*. This happens all the time! I even lost one of my favorite (and really expensive) mechanical pencils becuase of it sad.gif

^ I lost my newly bought black pen. My sister got her scissors broken. The handle was broken. ohmy.gif Such strength of that person!

I lost my collection of stamps. (Self-inking stamps)

You know what really grinds my gears?

When I'm sitting in class and trying to take notes, and a pack of dudebros are sitting right behind me, talking about something completely unrelated, making it impossible for me to pay attention in class. You mother censorkip.gif ers aren't here to blab your faces off! You're here to learn dammit! This is university! How did you get in here with that attitude?! Why isn't the lector doing anything?! Oh, ofcourse he isn't doing anything! All he wants is to spit it out and then pocket his salary. I swear, if I could freeze time, one day those arses will not see the end of the period they annoy me in with their nonsensical jibber jabber. Sadly, I am powerless, and must endure being bombarded with useless boasting about some arseface's new squeeze or some censorkip.gif*'s new ride, or that football game that was on last night. I want to be diligent, not pass with a D-!!!

And that gentlemen, is what grinds my gears.

-snip-

And that gentlemen, is what grinds my gears.

*ladies and gentlemen tongue.gif

I hate when people do exactly what you tell them not to. I was in school the other day, and I brought my Rubik's Cube in. There was this boy who wanted to play with it and I told him not to because I knew he would break it (because he's so careless). I went up to the teacher to hand my work in, and when I turned around, the kid was staring at me like "oh censorkip.gif " and my Rubik's Cube was in pieces on the floor dry.gifmad.gif

ohmy.gif How do you break a rubik's cube???

I also hate it when people keep sniffling and don't attempt to find a tissue.

It kind of bothers me when people chew with their mouth open. Now it's understandable that babies do it, well because they need to be taunt to not chew with their mouth open and smack their lips like a cow. Same goes for chewing gum...I don't like to hear you chewing gum or food, whatsoever.

When people who live upstairs in two-level apartments start drilling really loudly at 6am, completely forgetting there are people sleeping downstairs and ignoring the "no loud noise before 9am" courtesy rule.

Ugh.

I could go on and on about my peeves!!!

People smacking/slurping on their food. A dirty bedroom. People pushing their carts in stores soo slow. Drivers who actually need to learn to drive!!!

ohmy.gif How do you break a rubik's cube???

when you get all the colours on the same sides, they Explode!!!!

when you get all the colours on the same sides, they Explode!!!!

Haha!

Another pet peeve of mine is when people try to pass me on the right while I'm driving. That and tailgaters.

A huge pet peeve of mine are people who are pretentious about anything anti-technology. Seriously, go live in a cave if you hate technology that much.

I have a ton more peeves, but I'd rather not list them at this time.

I hate when people steal my parking spot after I've been waiting patiently first. It happened to me just today. I had my turning signal on and everything. mad.gif People can be so ignorant.

When I forget to remove my favorite soft, fluffy blanket off the couch and come back later only to realize that our one cat, Willy, aka 'Meatloaf', who also loves that blanket, jumped up on it and sucked on it, leaving soggy, disgusting wet splotches all over it. dry.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic