Saif

Pet Peeves

Babies

Small children

Loud noises

Smoking

Drunks

When I can't remember how to spell something

When the game you just got back into because your dad nags you to play it...

And then, 3 hours later, the game servers go down absolutely.

When females complain about how there's no nice guys out there but when they do get one they cheat on them or hurt them horribly to where you make them a jerk...-sigh-

When females complain about how there's no nice guys out there but when they do get one they cheat on them or hurt them horribly to where you make them a jerk...-sigh-

My mother did that to my father. And then lied to his face about it.

She also pretty much emptied my personal bank account. She had my card and refused to give it to me whenever I asked, but my siblings--one of which is younger than me--both got theirs and were spending money like crazy. By the time I got my card back I only had around $200 left, and that was half a year after she left.

So...yeah, those are major pet peeves of mine.

Another ... when I'm trying to talk to someone and they ignore me. How hard is it to tell me that they don't want to talk, or that I offended them in some way, or whatever?

My mother did that to my father. And then lied to his face about it.

She also pretty much emptied my personal bank account. She had my card and refused to give it to me whenever I asked, but my siblings--one of which is younger than me--both got theirs and were spending money like crazy. By the time I got my card back I only had around $200 left, and that was half a year after she left.

So...yeah, those are major pet peeves of mine.

Another ... when I'm trying to talk to someone and they ignore me. How hard is it to tell me that they don't want to talk, or that I offended them in some way, or whatever?

Why didn't you have the card cancelled?

Why didn't you have the card cancelled?

Honestly, I didn't even know such a thing was possible. I hadn't even touched my bank card before I was finally allowed to have it. And I had no way of getting to a bank branch for a while. Besides, when I got my card and talked to the manager I was told that I wouldn't have been able to access my account anyway because I had no ID and I didn't know what the pin number was. All I could do was tell her my name, but I had no way of proving who I was.

Also, I didn't think that she would end up taking money from her own kid.... At least I didn't have the worst of it, though. My father came out a lot worse than I did.

My lablings not showing up to lab and not having emailed me with an excuse so they can do a make up. I don't want to give out zeros.

The fact that our big, fat cat Fuzz has to be on special cat food. He got a bad urinary tract infection with a partial blockage, had to have surgery to to tune of a grand +, and now has to be on this expensive cat food to prevent that happening again. Plus, with his long, super thick coat he was suffering from a lot of hairballs no matter how often we brushed and groomed him. So, now the vet said to mix another type of expensive cat food for hairballs in with his urinary tract food. I just spent $135 on two bags of food for him. dry.gif

Thank God our other two cats are just fine on the grocery store brands.

Did I mention that stupid people were a peeve, too? And because of said stupid people, the fact that now we have a black tabby female cat hanging around that's adopted us and she gets fed, too. The neighbors sister in law brought her to NC from Texas and then left the state and the cat behind. mad.gif Of course, she's pregnant now and was starving and I didn't have the heart to chase her off when I'd feed our two other cats outside in the morning. Sheesh! I plan to have her spayed when her kittens are born. So because of that moron's stupidity, I get stuck with another high vet bill...unless, of course, I want this cat having 4 litters a year, and then they have 4 litters a year, and...yeah.. God, I hate people sometimes. mad.gifmad.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

Our family desktop is very unreliable. It has a problem with RAM. And I still can't have it repaired due to my busy schedule. Perhaps after exam week.

I hate when people judge others based on what they look like and what clothes they wear.

I also hate when people are disorganized.

also: can tumblr in general count as one? I don't know why I spend any time on that website

Edited by Oasis

also: can tumblr in general count as one? I don't know why I spend any time on that website

This. I used to love tumblr but SJW have entirely infiltrated my dash. I was only on tumblr for the community but it's really become a very volatile place.

This. I used to love tumblr but SJW have entirely infiltrated my dash. I was only on tumblr for the community but it's really become a very volatile place.

yeah same. I used to put up with it or argue back when I saw something really bad but I lost so many followers whenever I posted anything other than humor so now I just unfollow anyone who has an opinion I disagree with. I know it sounds kinda shallow but it prevents a lot of stupid arguments

gif related: how most of tumblr is

user posted image

An actual pet peeve of mine is when artists draw scorpion stingers upside down. It's good to remember that they're not hooked, but curved slightly upward like your thumb.

Scorpions are cool; don't make them stab themselves with an incorrectly rotated stinger!

my aunt is a therapist.

she apparently cannot separate her work life from her home life.

she lives across the street and is over at any random hour she feels like.

nice to see her after 8 years of no contact but i despise therapists, councillors, psychiatrists, whatever the hell they wanna call themselves, i hate the hole damned lot of them and i resent being psychoanalyzed in my own frigging home, by some chick i'm sure as hell not paying, who is constantly joking about my orientation RIGHT INFRONT OF ME.

first month she was waltzing around the house laughing about all these obnoxious theories on why i would "choose" to be gay. theories that are, i might add, pretty frickin demeaning. next she stops joking about it and has since kept telling me all these things i ought to do to me more manly- most of these centered around variations of joining the army or taking examples from her dickish brothers druggy teen years. because manhood must totally be about living on someone else's agenda, bullying little girls and going out of your way to have an aneurism.

she seems to have gotten the point not to bring this crap up(or not as often, anyway), but now she's decided to hang around our house trying to assign emotional disorders to us.. based on two months worth of blabbing off to us, after eight years of zip for contact.

i'm curious if this isn't just some experiment to her. come over, purposefully piss us off, then toss around super fancy terms for any "hate people" disorder she can think of. because we can't just be being snappy towards you because you've been giggling and insulting us since we got here- we must be mentally diseased misanthropes who must be exposed to rediculous crowds to "save us" from having the right to our free time and privacy.

i think i liked her a lot more when i was too young to have an intelligent conversation with her.

That Christmas decorations are already being put out in at least one store, next to the Halloween stuff, which isn't for another THREE WEEKS!

That Christmas decorations are already being put out in at least one store, next to the Halloween stuff, which isn't for another THREE WEEKS!

I have a neighbor who puts their xmas lights up the day after Halloween.

Pfft, this is late! When I last worked at a mall umpteen years ago, one of the stores started the Christmas display stuff in July.

Pfft, this is late! When I last worked at a mall umpteen years ago, one of the stores started the Christmas display stuff in July.

My inner calendar aches.

ETA: I just realized another one. I absolutely LOATHE when people my age (16 ish) go to parties and drink to get drunk. It's usually always cheap beer, and I feel like it desensitizes people to the true craftsmanship of finer beers and wines, and also cocktails. Does that make any sense or do I just sound pretentious?

Edited by Lila

Both of my son's ridiculous picky eating habits. dry.gif

My youngest son doesn't like pork in any way shape or form, except bacon now and again.

My older son loves pork.

My youngest loves BBQ beef. My oldest hates it.

Neither will eat vegetables with the exception of potatoes, which my oldest son will eat in any form, my youngest only eats french fries. God forbid I cook something that has a speck of green in it. It's automatically rejected, no holds barred. I can't even get them to taste something. Any kind of salad is out of the question.

My youngest son likes some Mexican food, my older son hates it.

Both hate all condiments except ketchup.

My oldest son likes some seafood. My younger son hates it all.

My older son likes some soups and stews. My youngest son hates most soups and stews.

Then they piss and moan that 'I never cook anything'. Gee, I can't imagine why.

Both eat chicken but claim they're 'tired' of it and why can't I cook something else? Yeah? Like what?

I once made a chicken dish with a sour cream sauce. Both detest sour cream and rejected the dish out of hand when they realized it had sour cream in it. I made the dish a week later saying it was chicken and 'cheese' sauce. They both sucked it down like starving dogs. Then I told them it was sour cream sauce.

If I do cook, I have to do it on the sly so they don't see what goes in it. It's so hard finding anything at all that I can fix for us as a family.

I told them that if they wanted to eat, they best start scrounging because I was done.

**headdesk**

Edited by MedievalMystic

Serve the food you wish to serve.

If they don't eat it - clear the table.

The end.

If they get hungry enough they will either use their own money to go to Maccas or BK or they will give up and eat what you provide.

Seems to me they are old enough to do their own catering anyway ? don't they have JOBS ? if they are still students they can GET jobs on the side to buy what they want to eat. Sheesh, MM, I've seen you post about this before. Throw them out already. mad.gif I would.

Oh - I need a peeve. My middle sister. But I will spare you. Once mother's house is completely sold, as in contracts and money exchanged, I won't HAVE to deal with her about anything practical that she can take weird umbrages about, and if I visit, can do so on my own terms.

Edited by fuzzbucket

The phrases 'baby bump', 'baby mama', and 'baby daddy'.

-snip-

My family has always been "you eat what's for dinner or you don't get to eat". If I had turned down food without trying it my mother would make sure I didn't attempt to get any other option except what was for dinner. Of course, I was never really super picky and I would grudgingly eat the food I hated just because it was for dinner, though I would still tell my mom I didn't like it (so she found other options because she loves cooking).

The two things I hated most were lima beans and stuffed bell peppers. I could tolerate the stuffing in the bell peppers even though it always seemed bland and gross to me (and occasionally tried to eat the bell pepper, at least a little bit, to prove I was trying, but to me cooked bell pepper unless it's diced up small has a gross texture that makes me want to puke and the flavor is disgusting), and I got by with swallowing lima beans whole or at least mixing them into whatever else I was eating. o3o Lucky for my family I loved broccoli, peas, Brussels sprouts and spinach so they didn't have to force me to eat green veggies.

But yeah, what Fuzz said. If they don't eat then they get to go to bed hungry. Saves you more food for leftovers! c:

American zoos being so careless with Endangered Australian Animals that they leave them where they can get their skull crushed.