CYDA LUVA83

Acting like your age

Most people on the internet have mistaken me for someone 10-20 years older than I really am. I had to grow up very fast at one point and as a result, I don't blend well with others of my age group. They just seem like children to me after I've dealt with all of my struggles.

The phrase means nothing to me. NOTHING.

I act childish whenever I'm with my younger siblings and cousins, and quiet/maybe polite whenever I'm with anyone else. Usually. Sometimes I reflect how others are acting (like no caps in IRC). Maybe I've acted like a stereotypical moody teenager once or twice to certain older people, but I try to avoid being a jerk.

I'm known for acting much older than my age. I've always hung out with older people since the time I was little so I guess it rubbed off on me. Either way, most people assume I am much older than I actually am.

At school, I act a lot older (as in more mature) than my age (and the majority of the class). But at home, it depends . . . biggrin.gif

Okay, basically, at home, I don't act mature at all. smile.gif

People often tell me I act/sound/look older than I am.

But I'm aware that sometimes I do act immature laugh.gif Well, who doesn't? tongue.gif

I am 21 right now and I try to me a mature person. Some say I look younger then I am not that it is a bad thing but I am 21 if I was say 40 then looking young would be great.

Acting your age? Pffft acting your age i never fun! Well, unless it's infront of important people or at a formal event. Otherwise, being inmature is too fun than being mature and all. My "age" range is 7-22 but I'm really 13 xd.png.

There are loads of drunken adults walking around too.

And vomiting on the pavement. sad.gif

Oh my goodness this made me laugh. xd.png

But that's besides the point. I've been told I look and act like I'm in college, even though I'm still in high school. I have noticed that my grammar and basic intelligence is higher than most of those in my grade. dry.gif Though I am sometimes known to be mature, there are some things I just don't understand. Or i'll mess up. Everyone does. That doesn't mean you're not mature, it just means you made a mistake.

There are times, when I will act 4 years old (my friend and I throw the perforated edges off paper at each other during our math class.) And I for sure know that I haven't been the most mature during Art, or Band. Though that's just usually when I'm around my friends having fun (how can you not be just a little immature when having fun?) But I can act like I'm 40 at times too. Or so i've been told by random strangers. Seriously. I've literally been told I act like my mother, by a complete stranger! All in all, I can act my age, but most of the time I probably won't xd.png

Never. I act either way older or way younger. Sometimes I can have a mature conversation with adults, otherwise I can whine and moan until I get what I want wink.gif

I act younger than my age xd.png

I only act my age on certain occasions (towards elders, asking for help, helping someone, etc.), but generally, no biggrin.gif

Well, I am very unstable myself.

I act older than I am and some times I act like a complete child. My dad is like this, too.

Oh and user posted image

Ah,well,

it depends. At work i have to take care of children up to 3 years, so i really have to be the mature one, to get them along, but also have to play with them totally immature....

And at home.....well.....when i'm not caring for pixel dragons, i watch anime and read mangas....once a year i'm actually doing a cosplay....so i think i'm really not acting my age compared with the majority of other 50 year old women. xd.png

And of course nothing beats a good pillow fight with my husband (or my already grown up sons, if they're in the way)

Sometimes.

When I'm at work, I'm considered all sorts of responsible.

But, on the other hand, I do a lot of silly stuff on my own time, and my pets of choice are guinea pigs, which adults apparently aren't supposed to have for themselves. rolleyes.gif

I'm 35, btw.

There are times that I do act my age, but when I'm completely bored I act like I'm 15 again. xd.png

I'm way more mature than an average 14-year-old. People say I act like I'm twenty.

Depends on the situation. I'm kind of a quiet person but in the right time and place I can be pretty immature. Not in an annoying way though, more like a "with friends" Immaturity.

It really depends, I try to act very proper infront of strangers, guests and etc. and then when I get to know them I could act more childish, but I try not to exagerate, xd.png

It reeeeeeally depends.

I am formal and polite with people I am on formal terms with. I am more fun and joking around those I know better. I am weird and random around my friends. On the Internet, it varies according to where I'm typing. tongue.gif

My friends keep telling me to be more mature so...a definite no-no. I am crazy (no, not the mental hospital kind of crazy tongue.gif ), wacky, funny (the irritating kind!), irritating, but sometimes I do wish I'm more mature. But the real me is a horror! xd.png When my friends are near boys, they're all like, Ew! but for me? I shrug. So what? They're merely humans of a different gender, not aliens! But of course I don't touch them, LOL.

Oh, and I forget to say that I like singing. But my friends often tell me to shut up. That, and I do weird stuff when I'm alone (I actually stopped typing just to jump around and dance crazily while hitting the wall) and I talk to myself.

Yep, that's about it. There's actually other stuff about me but this topic is about acting like your age and I think I've said more than enough. happy.gif

I guess I do act 13, though I sometimes do crazy things that a 5 year old would do. I also act more mature for my age sometimes though, when I go on and on about politics. I guess the two forces meet in the middle, which is 13?

I'll be 47 next month. Sometimes I worry about myself. Part of me thinks I should be much more mature than I am. Part of me knows I'll never really grow up.. I mean, I'm sitting here sweating over pixel eggs and giving up sleep to get them, and damning my computer during lag... rolleyes.gif Shouldn't I be doing something more mature with my time? lol You would think so..