CYDA LUVA83

Acting like your age

I definitely act my age, if not older(but certainly don't look it! tongue.gif). Lots of people have told me I'm quite mature for my age. I've even had a few people on the internet be surprised that I'm only 14! Edited by Erica8798

Hmm, this is certainly an interesting question. When needs be, I can be mature and discuss situations and problems in a reasonable and logical manner. However, I can also have fun and laugh about 'immature' things so I suppose it depends what you define as "acting your age" tongue.gif Edited by Pippyspot

I say I act like my age (19), but my friends tell me that I act like an old woman mad.gif . Of course I deny it. Sometimes I act like a children when I want to approach one.

Nope, I act younger and more immaturely than I should in my age group. Of course, people have told me before to "grow up" but I really can't help it, heh laugh.gif

Act like my age of 22, I do.

Sound like Yoda wrote it, this does.

I can be immature at times but I am mostly quite good except when I get chocolate, that's when I start to go crazy.

Me and my friends never act our age. Expecally me. I think it is it good to act younger and be silly. You don't have to be an adult just yet tongue.gif

In some aspects I am waaayyyy immature. Yet in others I like to think I am very mature.

Heck no. Being 42 ~AND~ acting the part? No thanks. tongue.gif

I think mature people can have fun too.

Mature people just know *when* to have fun. They don't do it in irresponsible ways that could harm other people or themselves.

They do what they need to do. Then they play.

Acting mature? Hell yeah.

Being boring/bored? HELL NO!!!

ย 

Maturity isn't defined by what you like or don't like, but rather, by your responsibility and ability to live a smooth, productive life. Mature people can act like complete wonks too and still be mature. They just know how to have fun.

...Right?

When I was a child, I was always told I acted way older then I was. Now, as an adult, I don't really act any specific way. Yes, I still watch cartoons and play with legos, but I don't think that really qualifies me as being "childish" or "not mature". It just means I can do those things without someone telling me it's okay or not. If I want to stay up until 4am watching My Little Pony, I can do so because i'm an adult.

ย 

Besides, society tells me acting like an adult is drinking, having sex all the time and talking about nothing but sex. I don't drink and considering i'm Heteroromantic, none of those things interest me. I much prefer staying in and watching tv shows and reading books.

So true, MysticTiger!

ย 

Always I get this thrown at me '*name* act your age!' So I do never act it!

Nope. I act appropriately mature when necessary, the rest of the time I have fun.

ย 

It's too funny how often people expect you to stop having fun at a certain age, and yet if you don't drink or do drugs, you're boring. (I have heard that way, way, way too often).

I think that I average out to act my age, because when I'm serious, I act much older than 15, and I take on the stress of maybe a twenty-five year old that isn't really necessary, but I can also be that annoying kid at camp who stays up all night laughing and playing card games, so yea.

Um. I'm 23 and I feel my brain is still stuck at... 15 years? Fortunately not all the time.

I'm fifteen, but what I 'act' like highly depends on who I'm around. Several times I've been mistaken as an adult.

When I'm around my friends I'm immature, but not as much as them and I'm quickest to stop fooling around.

I've been told I act a lot more mature then my age. I've had someone on a rp forum think I was between 30-40. I'm only 24 and yet I've also had people mistake me for a teenager based on my looks. At least I get a discount for the movie theater. xd.png

ย 

I'd say I act like I'm 17. not fully mature, but not a hyper-pouty nut when I don't get my way. Though I have been known to mope when in a bad mood...and swear like a drunken sailor when really peeved. But, most of us feel that way sometimes right? *whistles innocently*

I've always been older than my age and that's something I've heard lots of times from my big brothers friends, from my parents and their friends etc..

ย 

I HATE being with persons younger than 18 sad.gif I'm thinking so much and i can't talk with persons under 18 with the feeling they doesn't understands how i'm thinking and they tends to look at me in a strange way like "how the f*ck do you think?"..How they behave and saying retarded stuff that just pops out and gives me immature answers like a 7 year old...oh god I can't stand it! I have also difficulties being in school because of that. Living trough their friends and spams facebook with their stupid pictures....and how they're joking about things like suicide for example..seriously I'm getting sick...-.-

ย 

I have only two friends, one is my boyfriend but he lives 9 hours from me and he's one year younger than me (he turns 15 years 27 august) and he feels just like me and going trough the same thing as me..we've been together in 2 years btw tongue.gif My other friend lives in the same city as me and she's 30.

ย 

Sorry...I needed to write myself off.

I think everyone can be immature at times haha, I am at times I will emit that. Age is but a number... and jail is just a room.... tongue.gif haha idk.