CYDA LUVA83

Acting like your age

Depends... I'm like Sayaka Miki and Mami Tomoe mixed. Appears mature in front of friends, but deep down inside, insecure, immature, a total hothead, and prone to emotional breakdowns.

I'm 12, and at school, I act more mature than some of my 14 year old classmates. But when I'm at home K don't feel as mature, so I guess it depends.

I believe that a human my age can't comprehend my method of speech, therefore I act more mature than most of said people.

Depends who I'm with. I can be really mature or act like a 7 year old. biggrin.gif I usualy act really immature around my friends or brothers.

I never acted like those my age in school, so I assume that I do not act my age and am more mature. For the most part.

However, I do not know how someone who is 22 is supposed to act.

However, I do not know how someone who is 22 is supposed to act.

LOVE THIS.

What does it mean to "act your age"? I'm 25.... What does it mean to act 25? 'Cause I see 25 year olds who are still pursuing higher education, and then I see 25 year olds with multiple children, and 25 year olds with multiple ex-husbands/wives. .... Which one of those am I supposed to act like, again?

To answer the question though, I try to be responsible and mature when I can. Work, pay bills, etc. But I do have a mental illness, which does mean there are many times that I have episodes where, if talking about a little kid, would be called a "tantrum". I do have days when I refuse to go to work, do chores, and hide in bed most of the day. But that's very much my illness kicking my butt, and not "oh I don't want to be an adult today".

Hmmm... I do not know how a typical 18 year old is supposed to act, since I am not a typical 18 year old

One second my mom is calling me an "old soul" and then 2 minutes later she is telling me to act my age.

I do adult things, like voting and driving a car, but I still do childish things. I guess I act like a stereotypical teenager.

It really depends. xP

To be quite honest, I believe that maturity depends on the eye of the beholder and what the person believes of his or her self. I'm 26, yet I still love cartoons, comics, and collecting little toy figures. I'm a gamer. To put it simply, I still keep in touch with my inner child, who is probably about ten years old, but smart and mature for her age.

Yet, I'm also a very hard and responsible worker, I can save money like nobody's business, and I deal with people through a calm demeanor and a level head. Anything I don't know how to do, I look up. xd.png

So yeah, I act my age, but I like to think that I can act however makes me happy. Even if that includes never growing up, just growing old. smile.gif

I act like me.

Which has nothing to do with my age and if we don't think about it in terms of the days when I used to make mud pies or go to school rather than cook pasta and go out to work, this has been pretty much the same my whole life.

So I don't understand the question xd.png

Around my friends, I'm immature, but around other people I'm just 'meh', I suppose.

Edited by Ashes The Second

Around my friends I probably act my age. But, when I'm around adults, I tend to be a bit more mature than others my age.

I am 66 now and cannot recall when I have ever acted my age so why start now... wink.gif Yes, I don't get around like I used to, but my mental alertness is up to par. I mean, look at where I am posting!!! lol

Based on the number of people online who claim they don't act their age, I'm inclined to believe that most people don't really understand how other people their age act. :\ I really can't claim I know either, since I'm pretty sure I surround myself with weird people, but it's sort of an interesting topic. Are you "supposed" to act your age? A lot of people seem to think not acting your age is some sort of badge of honour that proves you're so different from all those *normal* people or something. But doesn't everyone act differently around different groups of people anyway? Even if you're of "average maturity" you're prbably going to flip above and below the line sometimes.

Hmmm..... Most people tell me I am mature for my age but like..... I am totally immature for my age in my opinion.

I'm curious, what's a 19 year old supposed to act like anyway?

Based on the number of people online who claim they don't act their age, I'm inclined to believe that most people don't really understand how other people their age act. :\

That's the POINT. Acting who you are has nothing to do with chronology. No-one my age (68) will act the way I do. Nor will anyone of any other age.

There is no such thing as acting your age unless you refer simply to things like drinking from a sippacup when you can't yet hold a glass, or not driving a car when you are so small you can't see out of the windshield.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I really act older than my age. Better than walking around like a drunken idiot like most teenagers my age where I live.

I really act older than my age. Better than walking around like a drunken idiot like most teenagers my age where I live.

There are loads of drunken adults walking around too.

And vomiting on the pavement. sad.gif

There are loads of drunken adults walking around too.

And vomiting on the pavement. sad.gif

Yes, I know that xd.png

What I mean is most 16 years olds around where I live do nothing but go out, party, get drunk, do stupid things and have sex.

Me, I'm a 16 year old with anxiety and depression, so I just sit on my computer and look after my dragon pixels with my birds. But that's the life to me.

Yes, I know that xd.png

What I mean is most 16 years olds around where I live do nothing but go out, party, get drunk, do stupid things and have sex.

Me, I'm a 16 year old with anxiety and depression, so I just sit on my computer and look after my dragon pixels with my birds. But that's the life to me.

But you are a person and acting like you, not like "a 16 y/o" or even like "a 35 y/o".

In fact, although I am not depressed AT THE MOMENT, your behaviour sounds exactly like mine at 68. I really must read a book, for variety !

Well.. at least I know my parents don't think I act like my age.

I should be responsible and more independent..

But I don't know.. I guess 50/50.

Compared To Most People At My School Who Are Immature, Rude To The Teachers And Act Like 5 Year Olds I Am Certainly Acting Above My Age (Im 17).