CYDA LUVA83

Acting like your age

Acting 19 is boring.

No... I don't when I don't have to.

Age is but a number.

People tell me I don't seem like a teenager, which, the way I see it, is a compliment. And then I tell them I'm out of high school and starting college, and that's when the eyerolls and whispers of "Nerd!" begin.

I act my age when I have to. Otherwise I act however old I want to.

I try to be responsible when I should but generally no, I don't act like a mature 23-year-old.

Most people tell me I act mature for my age. I'm honestly not sure how old I act.

Edited by sapfirewolf

I have been told on several occasions that I have an "old soul".

I always got along better with my teachers than I did with most of my classmates - my classmates always seemed so immature, and interested in things that really made no difference in life one way or the other (with a few exceptions of course). Meanwhile I was always interested in people I could learn things from (or learn things with them).

I'm still interested in some of the things people my age like, and to be honest I'm also interested in things that people younger than me enjoy, but I'm most interested in the way things used to be, why the world works the way it is, etc.

So I suppose you could say I act older than my true age, but what is age after all, it's just a number? To be honest, I stopped keeping track of my age awhile ago, so whenever someone asks I have to do the math. (I've actually gotten in arguments with other people about my age, and lost. xd.png )

Acting 19 is boring.

No... I don't when I don't have to.

How the hell is a 19yo supposed to even act? I mean, that age is supposed to be somewhat mature, as we've just hit adulthood, but still young and living the college life (at least I am, seeing as I'm in college).

I don't know what the average is for my age and probably don't have an average myself so hell if I know. @_@

My "age" ranges from 4 to about 40. tongue.gif

I'm 17. I know how to be mature, but I also know how to have immature fun.

In my classes I am:

English: ~10

Precalc: Brains of a 40 yo, maturity level of 4, and sarcastic level of 17.

AP US history: ~30

P.E.: Varies by what we're doing. Volleyball about 4 cause I actually know how to play unlike most of the world. >.> Soccer (REAL football *cough*) about 17 because I know what I'm doing and it's a good sport.

When It's time for srs bznz i can act my age, but everywhere else its "lol u said doo doo!"

I dont run into srs bznz that often tho.

Nope. If I acted my age, I wouldn't be watching cartoons, anime and reading manga all the time.

Nope, I might be 18, but I'm still a young child at heart, who watches cartoons, still buys and plays with childrens toys, sleeps with plushies, etc. But I get criticised for these things a lot especially by my family dry.gif I can act mature when I really have to, but most of the time I don't laugh.gif

Barely. I'm usually acting way younger or way older. But, sometimes, I do act my age.

Hmmmm, I think I'm immature for my age. Age has nothing to do with how you act! It's just a number of times you've been around the sun.

Apparently I usually act mature for my age, but really, I can be all over the chart. I guess that's why my little cousins like me.

But yeah, my friends have said that I'm the most mature in the group, since when they get carried away with whatever, I'm the one that has to bring them back to Earth.

It's really subjective. People define "mature" and "immature" etc. in different ways, so, I guess I'll define acting your age with respect to my perspective of "my age."

I think playing DC makes me act younger than my age. Heehee. But anyways, hrm, how do people my age usually act? I guess they're all hormonal and teenager-y and angsty and perverted. In that case, I guess I act my age.

I probably do act my age. (It shows as well, I'm never asked for my license to buy alcohol or cigarettes.)

However, sometimes I forget how old I really am and then get stopped by one of my kids who tell me not to behave so embarrassingly silly rolleyes.gif

Eh. I dunno.

I have a perverted sense of humor, but I am also pretty serious unless I hear something that sounds horribly wrong. I don't think I act my age, really. But then again, I don't know how eleven year olds act in the first place, so...

Immature is what boring people call fun people. tongue.gif

I can act mature when I have to, but otherwise I act whatever age I feel like. I'm never as immature as a lot of girls my age though, a lot of the ones I know are whiny brats.