CYDA LUVA83

Acting like your age

With each passing birthday I find myself asking do I feel any different than before? Then the answer is really simple. No. I feel no different than the previous year.

I feel differently. It doesn't happen on birthdays, but every now and again I'll catch myself 'growing up'. It was really nice when I was 18 or so and suddenly realized that fighting with my sister over who's turn it was to do what chore was so utterly pointless and stupid. It was a huge relief, and I got to the business of being a more responsible person then.

I think I was 20 or 22 when I apologized to my parents for being a teenager : ) It suddenly made sense what a...teenager I had been, among other things. They deserved some groveling, actually, but I think they appreciated the apology all the same.

So, while the birthdays don't tend to make me feel much, I definitely do feel different as time marches on.

I usually try to sound like my age when I am near other people. Down inside though, I will always feel like a kid with video games. For years though, I haven't looked my age; at age 25, I am still getting nice compliments I seem to be 18, which I don't mind at all.

Actual age- almost 14.

Age in school- 20

Age with friends- sometimes 10ish, sometimes 17-18ish, sometimes 13-14ish.

Age with stranger adults- 17-18

Age with family- 10, unless we are having an intellectual or political conversation, then I act more mature.

Age people seem to think I am on the Internet- 14-16

Age with any other people- 13-15

Yeah, I'm all over the place...

i usually act the age of the person im with/talking to. at least, i try to tongue.gif especially with strangers, i try and act as mature as my mind can muster. XP

Acting like my age.. well.. I'm almost 30 and I started to play addictive pixel collecting... That should answer anything. wink.gif

But of course, when necessary, I can be very convincing that I am a grown adult. hehe

No, I don't think so. Sometimes I act younger, sometimes I act older.

I think this really applies to everyone, depending on their mood and nature and company. I doubt someone is mature all the time, and I doubt someone is immature all the time.

apparantly, people say im crazy (but in a lovable way?!) but i can act as mature and as immature as i feel like, the time and mood just has to be correct... (for instance at a family reunion im all serious and mature. once the adults leave all the cousins start acting immature and play video games and sometimes even start water balloon and pillow fights.. GEEZ i sound like im like 12 in this...)

It really depends on who I'm with, to what age I act. With really close family and friends I act like a crazy child, sprouting nonsense here and there, Random acts, crazy ideas etc. With strangers, people say I come off as a really shy and quiet person. Also depends on what mood I'm in at that moment, although most of the time I'm just "A Crazy Physco Genius" As friends call me.

I couldn't ever get along with people in my age group, even as a child back then in elementary school. They just don't have anything interesting to offer which I could relate to. I'm not the least interested in fashion or partying or all that other garbage those teens are talking about.

When I'm not around the few friends I have, I usually keep to myself and I'm perfectly fine as long as I'm left alone. I absolutely can't understand those who need to start conversations with complete strangers just for the heck of it, neither do I have the patience for people who feel like blurting out bad jokes, lame puns and their completely uninteresting thoughts all the time.

When I talk, I keep it short and to the point and I don't raise my voice unless it is absolutely necessary. If some stranger wants to talk some nonsense into me, I often just completely ignore them.

Writing is different entirely, but I've never been a lol'ing, smiley abusing person to begin with.

I sometimes feel like I act my age, but sometimes I just feel so old, I usually keep things polite when I am not in familiar company, but when I am amongst friends I act about my age, 19 by the way. huh.gif

Sometimes, in real life, I speak like an adult would. And at other times, I guess I act around my age. tongue.gif I'm also immature occasionally - more around my family, though.

I have no idea. I am 67. What should I be doing ? I can't knit to save my life...

I have no idea. I am 67. What should I be doing ? I can't knit to save my life...

Drink mint juleps in a rocking chair and yell at kids.

Drink mint juleps in a rocking chair and yell at kids.

Oh. blink.gif

OK then.

Then I don't act my age. xd.png

But I'd quite like a rocking chair - if you send me one I'll consider doing.

Depends on what you mean by "acting your age".

In a way I feel I'm more mature than someone my age generally is. I like to party sometimes like your average college student, but I don't overdo it. I don't fall for peer pressure of any sort and keep my tongue, always try to be polite. And as has been proven, I'm a bit more emotionally mature than those I've been in relationships with...always leaves me high and dry.

Then again, I still love Pokemon/Digimon and the like, still play on the Neopets account I made about ten years ago, love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and find it wonderful to get lost in fantasy worlds. Don't quite act my age there, I guess. rolleyes.gif

I'm 18, but I'm still a child at heart. And apparently I don't look my age either (people have asked if I was 15 or something).

It depends who I'm around I guess. I'm a child at heart and can be really silly sometimes but that's normally only around my friends. Around other people I'm really mature. Somebody even thought my mom was my sister once. @.@ Shes only 35 but still! I'm 17 T~T

That depends. To many being silly is still acting your age so long as you continue to act responsibly when you need to. I am childish and silly at times, but when I need to I act like an adult. So I suppose it's a matter of opinion as to whether or not I act my 'age'

I never act my age. There's times to act like ur age like when ur at work and times to not act ur age. I'm a kid at heart and it makes life more fun if you dont act ur age. Only time I act my age is while I'm at work.

Totally depends on the situation. I can act like I'm 5 at home when I'm by myself. I act my age at school. I act a lot older when I'm at interviews, presentations, etc.