CYDA LUVA83

Acting like your age

The only people I don't get along with well are my peers. I get along splendidly with adults and little kids. I just don't understand teenagers, though. :/

I'm too mature for them, yet at the same time I'm more immature than them.

I really love the Blink-182 song "What's My Age Again?", and I think it's a goodish principle to live by. I want to be mature, but not be unable to enjoy the small fun things, like Nerf wars and building forts. biggrin.gif

I'm 15, and I think I'm pretty mature, but only when I want to be. I love to goof off and have fun with my friends, sooooo.... smile.gif I don't have to be mature.

I know I'm immature and I like it. (I'm 13) I don't want to get old to quickly (or ever), and my parents tell me I act like a little kid. I still act like a little kid even when they tell me, and I also act immature everywhere, including parties and school.

... I like being childish! Bring on the cookies! biggrin.gif

Edited by Lalasa

Being 13 is fun. Its the age when you can still be a child but also be tried as an adult. so your young enough to beg for video games, but old enough to date girls 2 years older than you. happy.gif

Well, I'm more mature than everyone else my age... or is refusing to socialize and be shallow immature? Either way, I don't really care what age I act, as long as I can be myself.

I can be reasonably mature, but I also tend to be child-hearted and don't really understand deep adult material, or adult humor.

It depends on who I'm with....With friends or people my own age I act about half my age,but when around others I can act up to about double...Apparently tongue.gif

I'm 12 and i usually act like an 7 year old...you tell me laugh.gif but i do know a lot of stuff that i probably shouldn't and when I'm near adults i feel compelled to act civilized and not like I'm about to jump of a cliff and come back laughing

Edited by scarlet-firesong

I'm 12 and i usually act like an 7 year old...you tell me laugh.gif but i do know a lot of stuff that i probably shouldn't and when I'm near adults i feel compelled to act civilized and not like I'm about to jump of a cliff and come back laughing

~Scroll spam removed~

This:

Except for the cliff part, i am similar. With my friends 11-15, I might be a bit spastic and talk in swears with my friends, but in school or at home (or on DC) i remain calm and never talk vulgar.

Edited by _Z_

Majority of the time I act much older than my age, but there are occasionally still times I revert to being ten years younger than I am.

Edited by RockinSia

I don't believe someone can honestly judge them self on such a conflicting matter.

I'm fourteen, almost fifteen

it's kinda a close-ness thing.

I'm 16, and when I'm with friends I act like I'm 10 or younger.

but, when I'm talking to people I don't know or people older then me, I act waaaaay more mature.

funny story: on this MMORPG, I was talking with someone about old games, mostly NES/atari, suddenly they decide to take a jab at guessing my age, they guessed, judging by manner of speech and knowledge, that I would be atleast older than 25.

It just depends on the situation for me. Most of the time, I have people complimenting me for being so mature for my age. I think it's just because I know how to judge a situation, and I can tell when it's time to be serious, and when it's okay to be silly and act like a fool.

I'll be honest, though, I like acting silly more than I like acting serious.

Does acting your age denote the way you respond to situations or just your general manner?

My interactions with strangers are kind of inhibited by my anxiety, but with people I know I generally act my age. Generally - I tend to be intentionally immature about certain subjects to get a rise/laugh out of people. With my close friends I play around a lot though.

I'm 14, but I've been told I seem older. I've always been closer with my teachers than my own classmates, who have always seemed immature and interested in stuff that I could care less about. Even when I make an effort to try and talk to them and they make an effort to include me it's always clear I stick out. My two best friends are almost two years younger than I am, and when I'm with them there doesn't really seem to be much of an age difference between us. I'm not really sure where I stand, wether I act younger or older than my age...

I have no idea if I act like my age or not. When roleplaying, people mistake me as 16 or 17 cause my spelling is kind of better then other 13 year olds and my roleplaying seems slightly better cause I had been rping for a whole year :3

I know I act several years younger than I am (I'm 24). I'm pretty much past the squealing anime fangirl stage, at least, but... I'm still too scared to grow up, especially since all these age-cutoff events at libraries and stuff have me firmly convinced that people think only kids are important enough to be allowed to have fun, which then means being an adult (aside from just generally being extremely terrifying) is too boring to even be worth doing.

Edited by PollyCockatrice

My age: 16

how old I act: how old would "you are an old soul" be if that's said to you an awful lot?

I've been called extremely wise for my age (and for any other age...) by almost anyone. Many of my teachers say I have the gifts of an 'old soul' and I still have yet to figure out how I act any different than anyone else... suurree... I know about stuff I really shouldn't (dating advice when I don't date for an example- turns out to be the best advice many older kids at school have had or even my teachers... which is weird...) along with a myriad of other things.

People have told me that I'm 18... the farthest I've gotten in age was 23. And that was just me walking around a mall with a few friends when I was 14... so then what would that mean for me now? Honestly, I haven't a clue.

Do I act my age? LOLNOPE

when the situation is serious and/or I am surrounded by people I don't know I act my age (14) or older

When I am around my friends and little kids that aren't (completely) uptight then I act like a 8 year old who just found the mother of all sugar staches and makes a joke or sarcastic comment about pretty much everything

Im 14 But i act like a mature adult. Most of the time tongue.gif I've been known in my school as the Tiny Cute Asian Adult tongue.gif (Im tiny and the girls think im as cute as a picture of a baby playing with toys O.o)

Acting my age?

Exactly how does one define 'acting their age' when we are each different and unique in design. With each passing birthday I find myself asking do I feel any different than before? Then the answer is really simple. No. I feel no different than the previous year. True, now I've taken on greater responsibilities as a young adult continues to feel no different.

Real drama televisions do not interest me at all. Soap operas dull me to sleep. Talk shows bore me. News? The only time I watch the new is simply to know the forecast for the week. Other than that find myself turn off by them.

Maybe in the eyes of others do not act my age, but do I care? No, course not. Let them think what they want.