Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

The one I saw asking for CB metals for their 2g fail was a 2014 prize winner. x.x

But yeah true, most you have a better chance at cheaper than a non-owner. e_e

I think I know which one you're referring to. Most of them aren't like that, though, luckily, or I'd not have 86 of them eheh

huh.gif Astonished face now...2nd gen fails are going for metals?! All four of mine were gifted free and my valentine offspring one I won in a raffle - not a collector and would hate to think they are going for that (difference if that fail happens to be a gold or silver "fail" as that would naturally go for more than say a common fail) That would be way more than I have paid for some of my 2nd gen shinies and agree with Erica- truly scary..

Won't lie if some prize owner ends up helping with christmas offspring to help a 2nd gen checker situation - then I would consider but that is a special circumstance..

(Also ain't going to lie, I aim high in trades but have hopefully more realistic expectations in there as well)

Edited by lilacamy931

Oddsoxi,

For most, just a curiosity. But there are some people who like that sort of thing so you might get a decent offer for it, bsa hatchies, uncommon, or the like. Might as well try, the worst that can happen is you end up keeping it.

Shimmer fails- while I don't have nearly as many 2g as some of you I have a decent amount, mostly from previous years and most of them traded for. There is no way I'd trade a metallic for one, most of them went for a pretty lineage or three, or for raising a handful of commons. They are fails for pete's sake, commons for the most part, and not all that easy to build with unless you DO have a lot of them.

The scary thing to me is that I see this trend creeping into the 3g stair fails. Really? Most of mine are AP finds, swaps with other collectors, or gifts. While I don't mind occasionally trading off a few AP finds or breeding a pretty egg for an uncommon 3g, I definitely don't think they are worth uncommons or rares.

My scroll goals at this point are CB coppers/silvers/golds. I have a plan for the golds and silvers, but I can't seem to find a fair trade to get CB coppers.

What are CB coppers going for these days? Hopefully I can figure out what to hunt for.

Oddsoxi,

For most, just a curiosity. But there are some people who like that sort of thing so you might get a decent offer for it, bsa hatchies, uncommon, or the like. Might as well try, the worst that can happen is you end up keeping it.

Shimmer fails- while I don't have nearly as many 2g as some of you I have a decent amount, mostly from previous years and most of them traded for. There is no way I'd trade a metallic for one, most of them went for a pretty lineage or three, or for raising a handful of commons. They are fails for pete's sake, commons for the most part, and not all that easy to build with unless you DO have a lot of them.

The scary thing to me is that I see this trend creeping into the 3g stair fails. Really? Most of mine are AP finds, swaps with other collectors, or gifts. While I don't mind occasionally trading off a few AP finds or breeding a pretty egg for an uncommon 3g, I definitely don't think they are worth uncommons or rares.

Exactly, they shouldn't be worth CB metals because as you said, they're fails. I was not really aware of the 3rd gen thing creeping its way up, but now that I think of it, yeah, there are more people asking and even thinking they're suppose to be worth something like a CB Trio. I'm not sure if they get that, but I do remember now that I've seen that being asked .___.

@Morgian: Well if you kept some of your own 2g Prizes that you bred, then you can ask for CB Coppers from the 3rd gen. Ask for 2 if you want a quick trade. wink.gif Also I know that ADP (AngelicDragonPuppy) has been getting offers of a CB Copper for 2-3g Silvers/Gold. I'm not sure for what combinations she makes, but maybe she'll see your post and reply to it smile.gif

Not exactly a question about a trade, but I caught this in the AP the other day and was curious as to what it would be worth.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/v436s

It looks pretty valuable to me, but I haven't been on the forums in a while so I thought I'd ask first. If someone could help me out, that'd be great, thanks!

Not exactly a question about a trade, but I caught this in the AP the other day and was curious as to what it would be worth.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/v436s

It looks pretty valuable to me, but I haven't been on the forums in a while so I thought I'd ask first. If someone could help me out, that'd be great, thanks!

Deadlines are not worth very much and the name from the gold suggest it used to be messy since there are so many dorkfaces (most being very messy) out there.

But yeah, deadlines just aren't worth much since anyone can deadline their own dragons and use it for trade fodder. If it was just a regular 3g EG gold x Silver it would be worth something. That's something better to be kept or gifted to a newbie.

@Sayanna, that's pretty much what I thought. Managed to get a great copper trade with the only 3rd gen I have been able to breed... The 3rd gens are almost harder to get for me then 2nd gens...

Thanks for the answer.

ETA: Caught a CB Thunder five hours ago. About to put him up for trade and wonder what CB Trios are going for these days.

Edited by morgianlefaye

@Sayanna, that's pretty much what I thought. Managed to get a great copper trade with the only 3rd gen I have been able to breed... The 3rd gens are almost harder to get for me then 2nd gens...

Thanks for the answer.

ETA: Caught a CB Thunder five hours ago. About to put him up for trade and wonder what CB Trios are going for these days.

No prob on the answer smile.gif

CB Trios go for 1:1 for unbreedables, 1:1 for trio swap. As for CB Blusang you could probably find a 1:1 swap as well. For a Copper, 1 is just not enough.

If you have a favorite CB uncommon/common though, I suggest asking for 15 CBs.

What is a green opal worth? What is a cheese worth?

Green opals are not worth very much at all. They used to go for CB metals, but after Halloween event they became excessively common. You shouldn't expect much for it and if you get an offer of a CB Common hatchie, take it. Or just some pretty lineages.

As for the cheese, I've tried trading them off the past and the demand seems to be a lot less than I thought they were when I was trading them off. For instance, I traded both a paper egg and a cheese /hatchling/ demanding the same trade which was a 5g PB EG White or lower generations that could be built up to a 5g. The Paper was traded both times under 24h as an egg and the cheese would either grow up or was near growing up. I don't think you'll get a CB Bluang for it and you won't get a CB Copper unless it's a super lucky day (or well not right now, but they have been decreasing in value, but not that much). The highest you can get is a CB Trio.

Edited by Saynna

If I have a cb green copper and a cb brown copper (undecided if trading the brown as yet as may need scroll goals) what kind of offers could I ask for 2nd gen holiday mates (off season offspring)?

One I need for a lineage is gold wings angel x red crimson which is common but a lot of of christmas and valentines have metallic pairings and unsure if fair and what would be fair to ask? Hoping to maybe ask after the new release this weekend.

Ok, so I have this White dragon hatchling. It's gendered, and though its lineage isn't too impressive, it isn't inbred. Overall, I'd guess that it's a decent hatchie. However, would its value be boosted because of its code? If so, by how much?

Ok, so I have this White dragon hatchling. It's gendered, and though its lineage isn't too impressive, it isn't inbred. Overall, I'd guess that it's a decent hatchie. However, would its value be boosted because of its code? If so, by how much?

I really do not think that any value has been boosted because of the code, to be honest. In my eyes it's the perfect hatchling for freezing, nothing more.

There are people who gift similar coded dragons and their dragons are caveborn tongue.gif

@lilacamy931: Have you tried "Breeding, Gifting" for your gold wings angel x red crimson request? Apart from that I cannot say anything as I haven't traded for metal holiday offspring (I usually swap every holiday dragon which has metals as parents because getting mates is a pain in the censorkip.gif).

Thanks Mondat, actually had not thought to try there will nosy over tongue.gif Oh why do I like the shiny pairings laugh.gif Appreciated!

I agree with Mondat that the white's code does not much value. I'm a CB/PB White collector and I'm not at all interested in the white because the lineage just doesn't appeal to me. I don't think you'd be able to get something like a CB Red Dorsal or CB Gold Wyvern for it. Someone who's going to trade for that is someone who collects any white to raise up their army, or someone that's wanting to freeze it as Mondat said. I don't see them offering something rare for it either and a CB Common hatchie may be the best they'd offer. Same goes for code collectors, imo.

Btw, I wouldn't suggest "Breeding, Gifting" thread if she needs it before the holiday comes. Currently there's 7 people on that list and the first has been waiting for almost 2 months. And as you can see this has been taken out of directly from their thread:

"If nobody has been able to fill your request after 2 months, it will be removed. You will be notified by PM of this and allowed to make a new request immediately."

And she can't get on the same list twice, I'm sure. Judging from her post she needs a lot from Christmas/Valentine pairings. These are harder to get than Halloween because each person is limited to two CBs compared to the limitless CBs you can obtain during Halloween. Most people will have 7 CBs, some less than that or even past 30 CBs.

I have all 2g's of each holiday x silver and gold. What I trade for the off-season offsprings are 2g Metals from Graves constantly. It works most of the time and when it doesn't by the time the eggs hatch I always ask a friend of mine if their willing to pay 1:1 CB Blusangs for each 2g or even 3g (I even put up 3g metel checkers x holidays for trade for what I need) since I don't need em. >.>

I haven't tried trading a CB Copper or CB Metal for 2g metal x holiday mates because I'd rather trade them off for armies of CB Whites. xd.png For the 2g metal x holidays I suggest you try looking for a few scrolls that

1) Have CBs of that holiday

2) Have CB Metals on scroll

3) Check their profile and read their bio and signature to see if they will take requests for 2g metals. And check to see if they have a list or not for that holiday already.

Do this before PMing because you don't want to make it awkward and have them tell you, "unfortunately I do not have any CB Metals. sad.gif" When I've asked for free eggs people would generally ask "Which of my many CBs/2g/3gs/etc do you prefer being mated with so and so? smile.gif" so it helps with the limit on message space you may have to just include the links of the dragons to be mated with. It will be convenient for them and you since they might not even know which one their CB Gold/Silver is... xd.png

I suggest doing that for just the much older CB Holidays such as Hollies/Yulebuck/Marrow/Valentine as you're more likely to get an offer of a 2g Gold/Silver from Grave than someone offering a 2g Gold/Silver from Holly on your trade link.

So basically PM for mates from older mates, then work your way with trades that you need for newer holidays. After the newer holidays are done, you can start asking just for the older mates. Of course you should add the mates from older holidays in your want list just incase someone wants to offer that instead. biggrin.gif

I suggest trying to not trade for the common mates and to request those in PMs too. Most people are more than up for breeding commons out of their holidays for free as generally they'll come out first try. smile.gif So just focus more on the metals for now in your trades.

Okay so when you list all these 2g metals x holidays in your want list...

It's always good to say "First offer I see containing any of these will be accepted automatically" so the trader doesn't feel you're going to hold out on for something better on the list like the older holidays. smile.gif

Thanks Saynna *super hugs* It makes sense smile.gif I think I will get this new release looming tomorrow out the way, free my scroll and go seek breeders out so if they are agreeable I can take eggs quickly, taking on board the advice given. I think I was curious since had the cb green copper to possibly spare so thought could be different to try.

Also that is good advice on "first offer acceptances" might get me moving quicker now realise need to get these pairings. Will have to set up trades specifics for these and think have some ideas now as to what might be better to offer.

Thank you both again for excellent advice - don't think there is going to be a day I do not feel a newbie in trades tongue.gif

Btw forgot to add this to post, if you need a 2g Metal x Graves I have lots of CB graves up to breed and enough CB metals to breed to each of them... xd.png For free of course smile.gif

You're welcome, btw. Always pleased to help ya. wink.gif

I'm wondering. what would be the price for a 2g metal out of a crimson. they are so hard to come by, that getting a cb metal pales in comparison.

Btw, I wouldn't suggest "Breeding, Gifting" thread if she needs it before the holiday comes. Currently there's 7 people on that list and the first has been waiting for almost 2 months. And as you can see this has been taken out of directly from their thread:

(...)

And she can't get on the same list twice, I'm sure. Judging from her post she needs a lot from Christmas/Valentine pairings. These are harder to get than Halloween because each person is limited to two CBs compared to the limitless CBs you can obtain during Halloween. Most people will have 7 CBs, some less than that or even past 30 CBs.

@lilacamy931: Have you tried "Breeding, Gifting" for your gold wings angel x red crimson request?

From what I understood she needs a 2G Royal Crimson from Snow Angel (gold winged).

I do not see 7 people on the Royal Crimson list and didn't suggest her to go there for her metal mates? So I don't think it will hurt her at all to post a request and try to get the Royal Crimson from there first. I myself feel more comfortable to ask in this specific thread for free eggs than to pm people.

=> And even if I did ok, calm down ok, everybody has the right to suggest something ok. This thread is not called "Ask Saynna, your DC expert for trading" ok. Ok? OK? OKEY? wink.giftongue.gif

(I do, of course, appreciate your answers for my questions)

Apparently long walls of text from me is from me being "angered". >__>

No it's really not. I was not being rude at all or "angered" when I saw your post/replied. If you even noticed the first paragraph I did agree with you rolleyes.gif I have no clue at all in my post where you felt "attacked".

Is it because I disagree with your ideas that you feel that I'm being "aggressive"?

Apparently this was just a misunderstanding. I had just skimmed through both posts and thought you were talking about metel pairings (I had not even realized your post was about royal crimsons or that they were even in the post =o). Idk what made me think about that but it did. But however, I know I was never intending it to be rude. It was just a casual post (the exact tone with Soulfang's question) and later in the post you can see I was actually being a bit more comical (the part about the other person probably not knowing which of their metals are CB). Or you could say "friendlier" tongue.gif

I am 100% capable of agreeing with others and realizing my mistakes and I even sometimes embarrass myself if I am mistaken and I don't always think I'm right therefor all the, "I'm not too sure though." "I'm not too experienced in (insert area here), but..." and if someone corrects me then I usually go with their answer because they're probably more of an expert than me in that field. LOL

However, your post contradicts yourself. You say "It's okay for someone to suggest something", that was just what I was doing. Suggesting something for Lilacamy. Sure it was disagreeing with you about the breeding thread, but it was a suggestion and lots of it. I suggested and you posted back with a sarcastic response such as:

This thread is not called "Ask Saynna, your DC expert for trading" ok. Ok? OK? OKEY? wink.gif  tongue.gif

Again, I thought it was about metals that's why I said it was not good for asking for metal offsprings if she needed them before the season. Otherwise she can ask there.

If you had just posted,

"Saynna, I wasn't actually talking about metals ya know, I was talking about Royal Crimsons."

I would have posted back, "Oh! xd.png My fault, sorry about that!"

^Really that is how I reply back to those sort of posts ._.

I am all up for anyone offering up their suggestions, but if I feel it is a rude/aggressive/sneaky/snarky remark then you better believe I will comment back. I do not take kindly to it.

However, I'm keeping calm in this post because I actually do feel you think I was trying to be rude and belittle your suggestion (more so with the sarcastic remark/excessive use of ok's/ and even the smilies at the end).

Also just saying, I do check up on this thread on a daily basis nowadays and try to answer ALL questions. This is because I feel they might not get an answer if I don't. They're here looking for help and I try to give as much help as I possibly can. For example after the little fight not too long ago (we made up btw and have tried to make it better) I intentionally did not answer questions as long as I could. There were lots of questions still unanswered in my absence. I understand I don't have to keep posting, but I feel it's just nice to give advice even if I am not sure on a question because I feel that the person with the question will appreciate it anyways rather than feeling "ignored". I know this feeling because when I was an absolute noob on DC I went here to ask a few questions and sometimes no one answered. So after playing for a bit I started getting the vibes on which trades I could probably make and some trades I knew I couldn't make. I adapted pretty fast if you can't tell (forum date = join date on DC site). To the point, do I consider myself an expert? I actually do. I won't be modest or humble or anything, that's just me being honest, which I am. And is it because I give all this advice? Not entirely, but for a bit of it, yes. It mostly comes from all the PMs/responses I get back. Especially the PMs, they always make my day because I feel they went out of their way to even message that and sometimes they've even given me gifts as a huge appreciation and even offered to help with some of my lineage projects. Therefor my confidence in me saying, "Yeah, I'm an expert with trades, so what can I help you with?", "If you have any other questions then don't be afraid to ask!"

There are people here (in thread so I hope you know who I'm talking about xd.png Not just one but a couple) that are absolutely friendly that you can't just help and think they'd do something bad here and I get along with them just fine, no problems.

Going back to the fight thing. I left for about 2 pages. "Oh two pages, that's sooo much rolleyes.gif ". It actually is, the first page without me was a whole week alone. Notice last page of this, it was a whole page, but it continued to this page in less than 1 day 2h. Which is at least 3x faster. Also that one page alone had a lot of unasnwered questions. Believe me I tried hard to not answer. It wasn't easy, lol. After it progressed to the next page, my head, me thinking, "I don't think anyone's going to answer those now. ._."

Another thing about the random PMs, not all of them just say thanks or gifts, but they even ask me to give advice directly just for them. xd.png I remember this one PM I had recently gotten, "I know I should have just asked in the thread instead, but you seem to know a bit about trading[...]" It wasn't the only PM like that. smile.gif and of course I answered it.

But yeah, I wrote all this just because I don't want you to feel I am trying to belittle you or intended to be rude. Idk how long this all took to write, but it took a long time, that I know. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ANSWER FOR WHITEBARON~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~MORE SQUIGGLY LINES~~~~~~ ~__~

@Whitebaron: Yeah, it seems crimsons are bad to breed rares with, but not as bad as bleeding moons/sergs/red finns, imo (probably wrong on that). I would say if that is what you really want then nothing is stopping you from paying a CB metal for it. If it had been the other way around and you said, "Would a 2g metal x royal crimson be fair for a cb metal?" I would have said no and that you shouldn't expect a CB Metal from it. And of course you didn't say it, but I'm just going to point that out. smile.gif

I do not know what to tell you to offer up to expect a 2g metal x royal crimson because it's just that they're really bad to breed with (and I'm not saying normal bad, I'm talking about excessively bad) in terms of producing a different breed. I remember I picked up a 2g metal fail from Crimson x gold and they had 9+ fails with no metal offspring o_o

What are chickens and dinos worth? What breed should the other parents of 2nd gen golds/silvers be for maximum worth, in general (I understand that different people may value stuff differently)

What are chickens and dinos worth? What breed should the other parents of 2nd gen golds/silvers be for maximum worth, in general (I understand that different people may value stuff differently)

Well chickens are definitely worth more than dinos, imo.

Are you trying to ask what 2g you should ask for these? The only difference I see that is generally said, is that 2g metals x holiday which are suppose to be worth less than metal x common/uncommon and metal x metal/rare.

From a scale from being worth more than the others:

1) Metal x Common

2) Metal x Uncommon

3) Metal x Rare

5) Metal x Metal

4) Metal x Holiday

Though I will say that a 2g metal x common is fair for a chicken/dino, the only problem is that it's hard to breed a metal out of a common so you probably won't get an offer just because of that. And if you take an IOU and they only breed 1 pair a week then it will probably be a long termed IOU. Metal x Rare/Metal x Metal is faster since it's easier to get a metal out of it. As for the Metal x Holiday, you only get a metal out of them off-season. I'm sure you know that already, but I just felt like saying it. >__>;

But to maximum worth I'm not too sure what you mean. I feel it doesn't matter too much as long as it's a 2g metal and it's something you can actually use for your lineage projects you're working on. smile.gif Just list all 2g metals you want for each of your unbreedable and hopefully someone offers something on it!

Actually, I have a couple of CB metals, and I don't know what would be most efective to breed them with.