Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What do you guys think: 2nd gen solstice from silver for 4th gen, clean lineaged holly - fair or not really?

Is this a fair swap?

1. 2G Arsani from CB Arsani x CB Nhio (2014 V-day breeding)

2. 2G Arsani from an unrelated pair of CB Arsani x CB gold (2014 V-day breeding)

3. 2G Gold from CB Arsani x CB gold

FOR

1. 2G 09 from CB 09 x CB Nhio (2014 V-day breeding)

2. 2G Marrow from an unrelated CB 09 x CB Marrow (2014 Halloween breeding)

3. 2G Red from CB Frill (m) x CB red

4. 2G Red from CB frill (f) x CB red

Thank you!

I say the gold is worth the most just because there is a large market for 2g metallics. You'd think the same for the other way around, but not so much.

It is fair, but it'd be hard to find someone with the wants you have, but have the wants you want. Tricky tricky. u_u

What are second gen golds/silvers worth? And which breeds are best? (In general, other than looking at specific wishlists.)

In regards to that, do more people want something X male gold, or something X female gold?

And what are 2nd gen coppers worth, especially CB ones? Are 2nd gens from holidays worth much, or are there some specific breeds that go well with specific holidays?

What are 2nd gen Valentines worth?

I've seen people offer cb trios/unbreeds for 2g metallics. I'm not at all sure what you mean by which breeds are best because I may like Gold x White but someone may like Gold x Black, ect. Generally people prefer it if you could breed a metallic x common rather than a metallic x metallic because it's easier to get the certain metallic you're looking for when you breed rare x rare. But at the same time people actually want it only if they will use it as a project.

2g coppers to me are kinda worthless, Take an egg leave an egg thread as well as Departures and sometimes EG trading thread will usually leave a 2g PB copper egg or some higher gen PB.

2g Vals are worth only as other 2g vals unless someone is desperate enough to trade off a cb rare for one. =p Alt sweetlings can fetch quite a lot more though as I've seen.

What do you guys think: 2nd gen solstice from silver for 4th gen, clean lineaged holly - fair or not really?

Nah, 4g Hollies can get CB Silver and trust me I've seen someone reduce down to trading their CB Silver for a 4g Holly (2 breed, no deadline, ss) as well as someone catching low gen hollies for CB Golds/Silvers.

What should I offer to attract the interest of HM prize owners?

I would like to have 2nd-gen hybrids from CB hybrids (Soulpeace, especially).

2g metals, CB blacks were what I used to accept, back in ye olde days.

I used to be poor newbie and blacks and stripes used to be rarer

Soulpeaces are definitely about 100 times rarer than CB hollies, though (I think there's only one?). I'd try CB trios, 2g metals, the usual, for commons. HMs aren't exactly bombed with offers, in my opinion.

Edited by DarkEternity

Since what you are looking for is so specific, I'd suggest to directly PM HM owners, asking if they are willing to trade with you and what they would like in return.

basically - any prize owner, hm or actual prize, will not really look out for your trade. why should they? They have plenty people coming to them.

So while you have the off-chance to get a trade via forum, or better, via pm and activity, your best shot is always to pm them.

I have a question. If I owe someone an IOU, for example an Arsani, which can only be bred during Valentine's, and this Valentine's I bred my Arsani and got an egg, but the person for whom this egg is for does not reply to my PMs nor claim the egg, and the egg dies or matures, what do I do? Do I have to breed my Arsanis again next Valentine's and give one to him? But I did breed him one, it's his fault that he didn't claim it or even reply my PMs. What should I do in a situation like this?

I have a question. If I owe someone an IOU, for example an Arsani, which can only be bred during Valentine's, and this Valentine's I bred my Arsani and got an egg, but the person for whom this egg is for does not reply to my PMs nor claim the egg, and the egg dies or matures, what do I do? Do I have to breed my Arsanis again next Valentine's and give one to him? But I did breed him one, it's his fault that he didn't claim it or even reply my PMs. What should I do in a situation like this?

It is really annoying to hold eggs forever during a holiday event - I had the same on christmas.

It's your decision how long you're willing to sacrifice an egg-slot, but I think nobody can ask of you to hold an egg for more than 48 hours. I'd incu-hatch it then, remove the hatchie from all hatcheries to prevent accumulating more views and wait whether it's picked up as a hatchie (don't forget that you have to provide a new teleport link 'coz the old one expires when an egg hatches).

That gives the other person at least 5 days to accept it, which is plenty in my opinion (6 days if you don't incu-hatch it, nearly 14 days if you let the egg come close to death before putting it in ER's and do the same again with the hatchie - but as I said before, it's your decision whether you're willing to sacrifice an egg-slot for nearly 7 days).

If it's not claimed, I'd let it grow up on my scroll as proof that I held it all the time - if you let it die, the tombstone will disappear after 2 weeks and you have no proof that you ever bred the egg if the other person contacts you later than that. I'd pm them saying the Arsani grew up on my scroll because they didn't claim it and offer to breed some non-holiday-egg for compensation, but otherwise I'd regard the IOU as fulfilled and would not feel obliged to breed another Arsani egg.

ETA: Just my opinion on the topic, others might feel different wink.gif

ETA 2: Maybe try both pm and email to contact the other person.

Edited by Ha-Ki

As far as I understand it, IOUs aren't treated like normal and valid agreements any longer, and both parties should accept the risk when it comes to a deal like that.

So, strictly speaking, one is actually free to give an IOU of something and then not even bother fulfilling it at all - I don't think the rules nowadays have anything that would protect the aggrieved party in any way in that regard, and the user who acts that way will not be punished, except for becoming known for being an unreliable trader if they do it several times, of course; please correct me if I'm wrong. Your question ("Do I have to...") is therefore not exactly correct in this particular case, as IOUs are purely a question of trade ethics, not rules.

Personally, if someone owed me something and I disappeared, not being able to accept said dragon(s) for a while, I'd feel awkward asking for the same thing again, unless we then agreed to actually trade once more, which would mean I'd have to pay something. If the person you are talking about returns and demands that you provide him a replacement Arsani next year, you are definitely not supposed to do that if you don't find it fair - it's up to you to decide.

Like Ha-Ki said, holding the dragon for a while (especially during its hatchling stage, to make things more convenient), as well as keeping it low-view may help, because that way you'd be able to keep it as a growing dragon for quite a long time. By the way, I'd say if the dragon remains below 250 unique views or so as a hatchling, it won't grow up even at 0d 1h, unless added somewhere.

It would definitely make more sense to grow the dragon to adulthood in the end, in case it isn't claimed, as it would at least serve as proof for the user that you bred the Arsani you had promised to them. If it happens and if you don't have any further Valentine plans for the Arsani, it might also be worth asking the person if they would, perhaps, be interested in simply trading with you for a similar IOU, if they want an offspring of yours so bad. :]

E-mailing might help if the person uses their current e-mail for the forum and display it on their profile - makes things faster sometimes, but not always.

(All in all, I agree with Ha-Ki biggrin.gif)

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Meeeh, it really depends, but if you want to do the right thing, well, I think you can feel that already when you decide. Maybe you'd like reassurance and that's totally fine. As for me I've had it happen twice last week and they were both breeding IOUs that took a long time to fulfill. One was a 2g Gold that took since Halloween event to produce and they didn't pick up and they did rePM me and appologized asking if I could breed again, I agreed and they surprised me with a CB Blusang hatchling as a gift for being "kind". I didn't accept it though because that was not apart of the agreement when we made the IOU. The other was a 4g Gold Shimmer egg and my 3g Gold Shimmer just kept on making fails/no produced at a point I got 11 Shimmerfails before producing one right egg. ._.;

IMO, favors > accepting on the spot.

IOU has never been and will never be officially ruled in this game.

its even(ridiculously) forbidden to announce it in your trades.

So, no rules, no guidelines. I've had two players go on hiatus on me who I owed 3g shimmers to. Both are back now. One is a swap that never happened. So pulling my side would result in pulling,theirs, too. The other, I already got my part. I think it would set a bad precedence, so I agreed to put them both back on the last place of my list.

But thats for dragons that produce all year. That you can trade off to others. (and so I did)

for holidays, i'd do the same equation: has it cheated you out of a trade you'd otherwise be able to do, or will you just keep it/trade to someone else?

that said, arsanis will likely stay very available for a long time. So I would not worry about that much.

Edited by whitebaron

i have a cb silver egg and i'm wondering if it is worth a cb male/egg green copper. i'm desperate for a male cb green copper and i just need to know if a cb silver would be worth trading for one.

i have a cb silver egg and i'm wondering if it is worth a cb male/egg green copper. i'm desperate for a male cb green copper and i just need to know if a cb silver would be worth trading for one.

That's perfectly acceptable. If I were you, I'd even try for two CB Coopers - a green one + one random color (although you could say that you'd prefer both of them to be green)

You could probably ask for a copper and some other nice thing, like point said

Can a 2g Metal from common mate net a CB Red Copper?

I'd say it depends on the mate (is it pretty, is it easy to get swaps) and the persons catching ability. It will probably be worth it for some, but it might not be worth it for others. (personally I see it as a fair trade, but I don't trade for coppers)

Is a CB Blusang worth a 2nd gen Gold from holiday mate? I'm usually not hunting in the cave, so I have no clue what they are worth these days.

Would a 3G Gold Shimmer be worth 2 3G Bronze shimmers?

Or, what would one be worth, lets say? I'm not totally sure.

Hi!

I need a 2nd gen Silver from Alt Sweetling as a mate for my own Sweetling. What would I have to offer? 2nd gen Gold/Silver from Bright Pink maybe?

Thank you for your time. smile.gif

Can a 2g Metal from common mate net a CB Red Copper?

I'm not sure with Sarah, but I recently traded a 2G PB Silver for a CB Green Copper.

@EscapistLore In my opinion, the color of a Prize Dragon doesn't change it's value. I don't think there are many who would be willing to trade 2 3G Bronze Shimmers for a Gold one.

Would a 3G Gold Shimmer be worth 2 3G Bronze shimmers?

Or, what would one be worth, lets say? I'm not totally sure.

I would say that a Gold Shimmer is worth more than a Bronze Shimmer because there are more Bronze Shimmers around than Gold Shimmers. I do not think that you can get 2 Bronze Shimmers for one, though. But one swap is definitely possible.

ETA: Of course, it also seems to depend on which line it is because some people do think there are "common" and "rare" lines.

Some people on the forum trade their 3rd-gens for NDs, Golds, offspring from spriter alts. If I decided to trade mine, I would want to have Vampires or Mints.

It's all up to you, is there something you want or do you just want to trade for the sake of trading something?

Edited by Mondat

Can a CB Red Dorsal or Tan Ridgewing get a Dino or Chicken? And also is the rarity of a CB Red Dorsal and CB Tan Ridgewing equal?

I would say that a Gold Shimmer is worth more than a Bronze Shimmer because there are more Bronze Shimmers around than Gold Shimmers. I do not think that you can get 2 Bronze Shimmers for one, though. But one swap is definitely possible.

ETA: Of course, it also seems to depend on which line it is because some people do think there are "common" and "rare" lines.

Some people on the forum trade their 3rd-gens for NDs, Golds, offspring from spriter alts. If I decided to trade mine, I would want to have Vampires or Mints.

It's all up to you, is there something you want or do you just want to trade for the sake of trading something?

Considering a possible trade with someone, hence why I asked.

To me, 3G shimmers are gold=bronze<silver. ^.^

Thanks for your reply. I really really appreciate it. I don't often trade 3Gs (or even 4Gs for that matter,) so I'm still figuring out what is worth what.