TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I'm new to these forums, and I don't quite understand. Do we capture an image of our tree and tinypic it here or will we automatically be entered in the contest? Must we declare our intent to join?

I'm new to these forums, and I don't quite understand.  Do we capture an image of our tree and tinypic it here or will we automatically be entered in the contest?  Must we declare our intent to join?

It says in the first post of this thread that the option to enter will be on our tree page when the decorations stop dropping.

And the judging will be done from our trees as they are. We don't need to do anything to them, except wait ! TJ will do magic and lock them for judging.

That said, I shall keep an eye on this thread anyway !

Edited by fuzzbucket

I'm new to these forums, and I don't quite understand. Do we capture an image of our tree and tinypic it here or will we automatically be entered in the contest? Must we declare our intent to join?

Read the first post in this thread. It's all explained there smile.gif.

I love the bird ornaments the most, especially the cardinal one. On the other hand though, it makes me wish the weather would warm up where I live so I can start viewing songbirds again! laugh.gif

Erm... it is allowed to post our opinions and anecdotes of the ornaments here? Everyone is doing it, yeah, but that doesn't tell me if it's allowed. unsure.gif

I am certain if it were NOT allowed then when we all started doing the comments and stories it would have been posted that we weren't and we'd have been warned. So I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

I'v got my tree done, wish there were more birds though....and a few more candles

DONE ? but there are two more days of ornaments to come....

DONE ? but there are two more days of ornaments to come....

I believe we are on day 11, which means one more day?

I believe we are on day 11, which means one more day?

Ummmmm it says till the 6th..... But that bit is ambiguous.

Thanks; you have to be right, I see.

My tree has been done for a few days... short of adding the lights and one ornament i liked.

During the contest, what will happen if two trees will be very similar? They will be both excluded thinking about copying?

During the contest, what will happen if two trees will be very similar? They will be both excluded thinking about copying?

There really isn't a way to copy because no one's trees are visible to anyone else's until after the contest. Unless two people are working together and sending pics back and forth, which then they would know they are coping each other and that's just their deal.

There really isn't a way to copy because no one's trees are visible to anyone else's until after the contest. Unless two people are working together and sending pics back and forth, which then they would know they are coping each other and that's just their deal.

I was meaning that during the votations someone notice that two trees are really similar and report this to TJ. There will be measures for the "decorators"? This question cames to me because, as I read there, a lot of people are using the same decorations, so what if this happens?

I was meaning that during the votations someone notice that two trees are really similar and report this to TJ. There will be measures for the "decorators"? This question cames to me because, as I read there, a lot of people are using the same decorations, so what if this happens?

Again, there won't really be any need to report the trees, since no one can really copy another's tree. If people rate two very similar trees high enough to get them both in the top 200, then it will be up to TJ to either choose one or the other, or to choose both, or to choose neither one. smile.gif Hope I helped clear things up. smile.gif

Ummmmm it says till the 6th..... But that bit is ambiguous.

Thanks; you have to be right, I see.

well if the 5th is the 12th day, then ending on the 6th would be exactly 12:01 (evening of the 5th, morning of the 6th)

so then the 6-7 and 7-8 will be 2 days for decorating and starting at 12:01 of the 8th will be judging

Yes, that's us Europeans...

In USA they rather use those blinking Christmas lights and popcorn garlands...

LOL. Generalisation much?

I'd much rather have a tree full of candles and christmas balls. I wish we'd been able to get 20 candles like we got 20 of the garlands and lights. It would be really, really great if we could get a few more in the last batches of ornaments.

You'd just vote for the ones you prefer. If they are similar - well, with this many of us, some are sure to be.

Anyway - I am going to win, so no worries biggrin.gif

Again, there won't really be any need to report the trees, since no one can really copy another's tree. If people rate two very similar trees high enough to get them both in the top 200, then it will be up to TJ to either choose one or the other, or to choose both, or to choose neither one. smile.gif Hope I helped clear things up. smile.gif

I was speaking about casualty, but something just popped up in my mind... around here there are still catchers for the Leetle Trees, what if one of them looks at another user's tree and copy? I know that to give your account infos to other users isn't allowed and it's at your own risk, but this can happen - CAN, as not all catchers are dishonest.

I was speaking about casualty, but something just popped up in my mind... around here there are still catchers for the Leetle Trees, what if one of them looks at another user's tree and copy? I know that to give your account infos to other users isn't allowed and it's at your own risk, but this can happen - CAN, as not all catchers are dishonest.

I HONESTLY can't see that happening with an honest catcher - they are too busy catching for loads of people as it is. Dishonesty is just something we all have to live with. I doubt it will be an issue.

I think we are starting to get paranoid here....

I finally foung the frosty swirl. It was at the very edge so I could barely see it lol

More candles would be nice. I can't believe I missed the blue one. I thought I was coming on every day.

Personally I haven't the problem of being copied or copy someone, but my thought, even in RL, is: if there can be any type of problem, it's better talking about it first it happens and not after, when you can't do anything, better being preparated. Sorry if I can be boring.