TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

user posted image

This really needs explaining.

IF you are in IRC over the holidays you'll understand what this is. Being a chat mod I was subjected to endless holly this and holly that... then somehow somewhere along the line it got turned into potato this and potato that.... hollies they were calling a potato. Everyone wanted a potato so I decided, they can have one :3

So, if you didn't get a holly but desperately were after a potato you all have one now wink.gif

Thanks Starscream. I doesn't quite make up for not getting a Holly, but the thought behind it is very much appreciated.

would the winners be able to request leetle tree I wonder? huh.gif

omg we're close to the 'Judgement day' already? xd.png

OH LITTLE WISPY THING, WHERE SHALL I PUT YOU?

I was trying to figure out the potato and wispy bit for a while until I read the thread X3 Hm, I think I'll add in the cardinal and wispy bit in my Christmas tree for today's ornaments <3 Great job, artists ^-^

EDIT: Also snuck in the pine cone <3

Edited by grishiu

A cardinal and a pine cone! I'm not sure I can use them with what I have in mind, but they're the type of things I put on my tree at home. I love them. biggrin.gif

Now if only I could get just one more of the type of baubles we received on the first day, I'll be all set.

Do we have to use all the ornamends or can we put some on the tree and the rest on the side?

Do we have to use all the ornamends or can we put some on the tree and the rest on the side?

You can use whatever ornaments you like, I think :3 I know I'm not using about half the ornaments given, I wish I could but my idea doesn't require them D: *tried to fit in as much as possible*

Sorry if this was asked already. All right, tell me whether or not this is just me...

Y'no how for Halloween the bucket sprite changed, depending on fullness? I think that's on the tree too...

The potato. End of story. wink.gif

I truly love potato, finished a very late dinner as I read this, and the plate was full of - Potato! On the tree? Yes, I guess it is a must-have! laugh.gif

But the cardinal is wonderful, too, all the birds, in fact! The birds, candy canes and pine cones have all been part of our traditions, along with various glass globes. biggrin.gif

Things I haven't seen yet? Red apples; colored glass or gold walnuts and other nuts and fruit; trains, sleighs or sleds; Santa figures; Snowmen and snow women; cranberry strings - made like popcorn strings, but using cranberries instead, and tinsel! Not in the garlands, but the individual strands you can place all over the tree after everything else is in place. PLEASE, do not consider this a complaint! Everything we do have is absolutely amazing and wonderful! And there isn't ANY room for anything else! xd.png

Thank you Dis, and to all the spriters, and TJ! Yaayyyy!

Glad someone pointed out the wispy thing or I'd have missed it! Looks like a single strand of what we always called tinsel: the silvery strands we draped through the tree... and threw at each other... and tracked through the house... LOL! My dad was the best at it; when we tried it just hung in clumps.

STILL no right-facing birds!! Ah well. I made do with the left-facing ones and it looks fine. If a bit twee.

the pine cone is done so well, it's one of my favourite sprites biggrin.gif

well, I do love every sprite though ... tongue.gif

I spent forever arranging my tree, finished, clicked to check my scroll, decided to look at my tree again, and . . . the tree had reverted to an earlier version I had done of it. I redid everything, and I'm scare to click away from that page now in case it happens again. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edit: It happened again. I took a screen shot of what I'd done before clicking away this time, so I'd have a record of what it looked like so I can recreate it later, when I'm sure it won't mess up again. Does anyone know what is going on? How do I make sure my tree stays the way I want it?

Edited by Goslander

My biggest problem is trying to decide what I want to use! They're all so lovely, but they can't all fit on the tree, and we still have more ornaments to come. biggrin.gif

I love this Red Cardinal, it's awfully beautiful! it's a pity it doesn't match my color scheme... but perhaos I'll redecorate my tree in absolutely different way xd.png

as for the little white curly thing - it found it place, yeah^^ but I still need one moar blue candle xd.png

It's cool! I hope that the winners of gold, silver and bronze prizes don't will be egoists and will release some eggs...

Btw, can a person that has not all ornaments wins the contest? ...yes, I lost the blue ornaments. ç_ç

(If this question was already added I'm sorry, I have no time to read all 70+ pages. ^^)

i do love that cardinal. i'm definitely going to fit in there somewhere... at my dad's house, we always put birds on the tree, and the single cardinal he had was always my favorite.. so this reminds me of good old times, long since past ;-;

i do have one fear, though.. i hear of people whose trees decided they didn't want to stay the way their owners had made them(moving ornaments, reverting to past placements, etc. its happened to me once, too.)..

what if somebody has their tree all set the way they like it, then when they go to submit it for the competition, the ornaments shift, and it gets stuck and stays that way when its submitted? D:

edit: and yes, Onyria, its okay not to have/use all the ornaments :3 (i'm only using three different colors on my tree)

Edited by ParticleSoup

Btw, can a person that has not all ornaments wins the contest? ...yes, I lost the blue ornaments. ç_ç

See on the tree page of your scroll:

Make sure you visit every day to collect all of the ornaments. (You don't need all ornaments to compete in the contest, though)

(Edited because I remembered the info from the wrong place)

Edited by lilysally