TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Awww, no clear 'glass' traditional ornaments today? I has a sad!

The pine cone is really well done though! And the little white swirly string made me laugh. lol

I absolutely love the cardinal (we don't have any in Europe ;__; ), and am most likely going to use it. I think I'm also finally getting some notion for what theme I'll use for my tree. :3

Edited by lightbird

Will there be a link to go to see others trees?

I am a bit confused, sorry.  blink.gif

if you mean to visit others scrolls and see their trees from there, then yes.. but only after the competition is over.

and during the competition we'll be able to see others trees so we can rate/vote on them, but we wont know who's trees they are :3

(so i am led to believe, by the first post)

Edited by ParticleSoup

I spent forever arranging my tree, finished, clicked to check my scroll, decided to look at my tree again, and . . . the tree had reverted to an earlier version I had done of it. I redid everything, and I'm scare to click away from that page now in case it happens again. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edit: It happened again. I took a screen shot of what I'd done before clicking away this time, so I'd have a record of what it looked like so I can recreate it later, when I'm sure it won't mess up again. Does anyone know what is going on? How do I make sure my tree stays the way I want it?

I'm getting that too - especially with the garlands..... sad.gif

Glad someone pointed out the wispy thing or I'd have missed it! Looks like a single strand of what we always called tinsel: the silvery strands we draped through the tree... and threw at each other... and tracked through the house... LOL! My dad was the best at it; when we tried it just hung in clumps.

We called that stuff angel hair. And a lot of it DID end up in our hair.....

I hoped there would be more pink ornaments - bye bye lovely flamingo-tree.....

I am still waiting for a flash of inspiration which brings me another theme for my tree.

Ok I knew the pickle tradition.....but a potato? What's the story behind a decorated potato? Thanks!

Ugh, ignore my n00b moment *hides* I went back 1 page and read. unsure.gif

Cool story about the potato! I really should hang out in the IRC more...but theres not enough hours in the day!!! xd.pngxd.png

Edited by MollyElizbeth

More left facing birds. *sigh*

Just a suggestion, if this is done next year - PLEASE include some right facing ornaments (ones that actually look correct facing right - unlike the candycane which just looks backwards). sad.gif

I'm enjoying the decorating and the ornaments are extremely cute, it's just frustrating that almost everything points in the same direction. It'd be nice to have an option to flip your own ornaments.

OMG xd.png LOL I know about the Holly-potato, but wasn't expecting it to appear on my tree this morning! It's too funny xd.png!

I have a request for the spriters of the stuff for the tree thing...

I decorated the three, put the stuff that I didn't want to use, to the far far side, then cropped the picture so that it's got those holly side banners as a "frame" and the tree in the middle.

I then saved it, added merry holidays, hope you had great holidays, with love, simona

What I'm asking is - can I send this "ecard" to my friends? None of them know anything about graphics and such.

I can add in credits (would need to know what to input) if that's desired. but I'd like to be different this year and use something that I "created" (decorating the tree... but you get what I mean).

And yeah, I know majorly late for doing seasonal greetings to people, but I never was good at being on time with that... lol.

I didn't know where else was best place to ask, maybe the help section, but that's not got tree stuff, this thread has the tree stuff...

I've decorated it differently every day - and I still can't decide what I prefer...wonder if they'll postpone the judging until June... laugh.gif

I've decorated it differently every day - and I still can't decide what I prefer...wonder if they'll postpone the judging until June...  laugh.gif

-seconds this- I believe this is the one time I hate having OCD topped with being a perfectionist lol xd.png But I'm going to injoy this contest, winner or not, just to say I tried at least ^^ Thank you for this opportunity TJ~! <3

Edited by Night-Sparda

i just have some of my basic stuff on for now, i'll move the others later

but i hate how the new ornaments spawn on the tree cause then when i try to move them i always grab my garland instead >.<

I saw the cardinal, and squeed. A real bird! Yay

My pine cone hided. Had to pull some fancy stunts to find it without resetting my ornaments.

Erm... it is allowed to post our opinions and anecdotes of the ornaments here? Everyone is doing it, yeah, but that doesn't tell me if it's allowed. unsure.gif

I'm waiting until I get my last set of ornaments before I start decorating. I've used the reset all ornaments button every day so I can see what's new. Can't wait to decorate though, lots of lovely things to use!

Edited by pegasi1978

Thankyou sooooo much for the pinecone!! I love it wub.gif

We've always had pinecones as part of the tree decoration so seeing it this morning gave me such a lovely warm fuzzy feeling xd.png

I love the decorations! But we really need more candles and Christmas bulbs!

Yes, that's us Europeans...

In USA they rather use those blinking Christmas lights and popcorn garlands...

Took me three times to get my ornaments to stick today. The newest ornaments kept hopping back onto my tree after i would navigate away from the page. Closing the browser after redecorating and reopened it has worked for the most part... but i still have one ninja ornament determined to be on my tree. Its jumped to three different locations now tongue.gif

i really love all the decorations, i think the artists *hugs you guys* have done an outstanding job of capturing many different decorating traditions. i dearly love the little toys, booties, snowflake, cardinal, candycane, birds, pinecone and candles. i only wish there were a save button, every time i navigate away from the decorating page, when i come back, it's all changed, and all my bulbs (and sometimes other decorations) have lined up at the left of the tree, or jumped off the tree to elsewhere. otherwise, i adore all the decorations and love the tree. thank you artists, it's wonderful. smile.gif

Edited by Lynxkatt2000

Took me three times to get my ornaments to stick today. The newest ornaments kept hopping back onto my tree after i would navigate away from the page. Closing the browser after redecorating and reopened it has worked for the most part... but i still have one ninja ornament determined to be on my tree. Its jumped to three different locations now tongue.gif

This REALLY needs sorting before the judging... sad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket