TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I have, so no worries laugh.gif

My Nebula and Thunder had BETTER not die. I would cry... I worked so hard to get them.

user posted image <---I thought this was a grenade at first. o_o

Which one is the pickle?

woah. ur right, it does look like a grenade. lol

When i looked at it at first i thought it was a grenade too. ^.~

Whoo-hoo explosives! *Looks again* .... Aw, darn.

I was sorting through and organizing things and noticed that the number of birds exceeds the number of candles.. I thought they were supposed to be matched pairs type of thing?

I've heard of the pickle tradition, but my family has never really participated it in. Our tradition is each year, to get a new ornament for each member of the family that says something about them that year. I love the ornament I got this year. I love crazy-colored socks and penguins, so this year, my mom found the perfect ornament. It's a crazy-colored knitted penguin. It's so adorable! o3o

In all seriousness, though, what is the story behind the pickle? xd.png

There's a lot of theories behind the christmas pickle. A lot of people think it's some old German tradition, but there's no actual evidence of that. It's something some families celebrate. Someone hides a pickle ornament on the tree and the children have to find it. Supposedly the first kid to find it gets and extra gift from santa or something along those lines.

We had a pickle on my tree when I was a kid xd.png I believe it had been a gag gift from someone in my family and we just kept going with it being there. I miss the old christmas pickle xd.png

I believe I'm gonna hide the pickle on my tree for the contest. smile.gif

Yeah, despite the fact that it doesn't go with my color scheme on my tree, the pickle is up there. Too many fond memories for me to leave it off the tree. I'm not so certain the tradition is at least purely German. I don't have a drop of German blood in my veins. 75% Norweigion, 25% Swedish.

I do believe every ordament on the tree represents traditions other people have. So just a quick word, don't knock any of them. Cuz someone somewhere probably thinks your traditions are weird.

I love how the ornaments that come out each day all match in color. They're all so pretty, and it's really helpful when I want to color coordinate.

I'm just slapping all the ornaments together. The only ones I'm leaving out are the white sack (or whatever it is), the pickle, and the white round one with the danglies. The shading is awfully light on it, and with the screen at the angle I like, it just looks like a white blob.

I tried going to a color scheme, but every time I try to take ornaments off the tree it looks too sparse. My family is into ridiculously crowded trees. I've left off the garlands, though, because they take up too much space. I'll have to decide whether or not to put them on for the contest, but I'll definitely leave them off until then because they'll completely ruin my chances of seeing new small or green ornaments.

The white sack are actually baby booties. Sorry you cannot see them properly. The story behind them is quite touching. They will stay on my tree. When my kids were growing up we didn't have a lot of money for matching decorations and some of my most precious ones are the ones my children made. We liked a crowded tree that reminded us of special moments. The only thing I ever did when my kids were little was to unclump decorations (4 or 5 on 1 branch) and supervise the icicles. To my children no tree was complete without icicles..no matter what they would do to my vacuum cleaner. smile.gif I didn't put a tree up this year so like others this is making up for it. I may not win the contest but I think I will do one that my children would approve of.

Are you guys ready for day 11 ornaments <3? Only what..about 10 minutes left.

I had the credit edits all set up and I almost posted it too early instead of posting this post XD You'd like that wouldn't you >8C you little SNEAKS. No ornaments for you. Christmas is CANCELLED tomorrow, just because of that, I see you peaking D:< I see it in your eyes. I see it in your sooooooul.