TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

XD skinst, I can just see you sitting there just waiting to point out the lulz. Midnight never comes fast enough.

<3 I know, marmar's cardinal is faaantastic. That was another last minute almost-didn't-make-it ornament!

So I've decided to post the 'themes' for each day on the credits. As you can tell, today's theme isn't a color, but rather (as previously stated on the front page) 'Nature-y things...and sometimes a potato'

I thought I was done. Then today's ornament popped up. DX

<3

Edited by ~Vinr~

Only one day to go! My son needs more purple... come onnnnnnn purple! (He's trying to make a Vikings tree, what can I say...)

Love the birds (had a hard time finding the pine cone - it was hiding underneath another ornament).

TheDarkLatias - It's just a shiny wispy bit. Orrr IS IT? And no, potato. Not specifically in that order XD

tjekan - Oh love, I'm sorry D: I don't think we have any more purple. Purple gets no loving Dx! It's one of those random colors.. there's like no purple dragons in DC (well there are, like horse and what have you, but not a lot D8<!)

The pinecone makes me feel like my tree is giving birth.. It's a miracle! We shall plant them and have more trees for next year x3!

Edited by Dis

tjekan - Oh love, I'm sorry D: I don't think we have any more purple. Purple gets no loving Dx! It's one of those random colors.. there's like no purple dragons in DC (well there are, like horse and what have you, but not a lot D8<!)

It's OK, he's had a lot of fun already. :-) His tree will just be a little bit spare, I guess... The big fluffy gold tinsel wrap helped his tree out a lot. Maybe I'll suggest he put a lot of popcorn garlands on it. Popcorns are great game food. :-D

The white sack are actually baby booties. Sorry you cannot see them properly. The story behind them is quite touching. They will stay on my tree. When my kids were growing up we didn't have a lot of money for matching decorations and some of my most precious ones are the ones my children made. We liked a crowded tree that reminded us of special moments. The only thing I ever did when my kids were little was to unclump decorations (4 or 5 on 1 branch) and supervise the icicles. To my children no tree was complete without icicles..no matter what they would do to my vacuum cleaner. smile.gif I didn't put a tree up this year so like others this is making up for it. I may not win the contest but I think I will do one that my children would approve of.

That's so adorable! They are so going on my tree now.

Also, is there a Mrs. Cardinal to go with Mr. Cardinal?

user posted image

This really needs explaining.

IF you are in IRC over the holidays you'll understand what this is. Being a chat mod I was subjected to endless holly this and holly that... then somehow somewhere along the line it got turned into potato this and potato that.... hollies they were calling a potato. Everyone wanted a potato so I decided, they can have one :3

So, if you didn't get a holly but desperately were after a potato you all have one now wink.gif

I wish I could find a position where the cardinal looked like he was perching. He'd make a good tree-topper then.

Oh well! Down with my presents like the rest of the birds he goes! They make the presents look a little cluttered actually butbut birds!

...I think I'm pretty much done though. Unless we get some nice tree-toppers or maybe some red or blue ornaments.

user posted image

IF you are in IRC over the holidays you'll understand what this is. Being a chat mod I was subjected to endless holly this and holly that... then somehow somewhere along the line it got turned into potato this and potato that.... hollies they were calling a potato. Everyone wanted a potato so I decided, they can have one :3

So, if you didn't get a holly but desperately were after a potato you all have one now wink.gif

...A potato holly?

I LIKE IT!

You know what would be awesome?

A box large enough to hold all the ornaments with a dark green background (similar to the tree), within which the ornaments aren't faded, so we could see them clearly without taking up space on the tree until we're ready.

My ornament constellation around the tree is starting to get a bit crowded. ^^;;

tjekan - B'awwr D: give him hugs for me. Aren't their colors like purple and gold or yellow? At least we have enough obnoxious yellow to drown a tree in XD

Seriousness32 - Because people wanted to fit in cute and original ornaments and when you see someone else has done a candycane you don't really feel up to doing the same thing. It's hard to make a memorable candycane XD. Plus there were only so many people who were willing to work through christmas day, and they all wanted to make something more unique than a candy cane.

~!~ - No but there's a pope D:? BUDUMP-TISH--shot- why..why do I say these things <:C please make it stop.

Starscream - You shoulda made a carrot.

SlowHornpipe172 - NINJA-CICLES. >.> <.< I didn't train the ornaments in the time between when they were sent to me and when they were sent to TJ..no.. no world domination here..what? Hmm? Nothing.

naturalcyber - XD just.. don't miss tomorrow.. trust me. You might just add to the clutter.

user posted image

That is absolutely priceless!!! Too cute! rolleyes.gif

user posted image

LOL.

DC Christmas tradition in the making.

i'm still not sure what the almost-transparent curly white thing is, though.

TheDarkLatias - It's just a shiny wispy bit.

o: I believe kurai just made it a shiny wispy bit, with a frosty feeling to it. I promise, I answer as many questions I can, but you gotta try and bare with me and read at least one page <3 pleeease? That one I can understand though, it was sort of hidden and without context. Regardless, it's a shiny wisp.

Great set of decorations today, my fav for today would have to be the candy cane biggrin.gif

Edited by Kaynight