TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

They look like something that great-granny's ashes are stored in to me - I don't think I'll be using them. dry.gif

I think they are lanterns. And I don't know if I will use them or not - waiting to see what else shows up !

I don't really like the ribbon. I think it is too large. And when I put it in the tree, I can't move the other ornaments anymore because the ribbon is in the way.

I don't really like the ribbon. I think it is too large.

Personally I think the ribbon is lovely - but to my mind it's not big enough.

I would like another layer of it because when I place it at the top so it fits side to side of the tree, there's a huge gap at the bottom and if I put it lower then it doesn't fit across the tree, as there is tree showing. I'm going to have to think about this.

Anyone having a problem with the garland? When I wasn't happy where I place an ornament went to fix it, rather the mouse moving the ornament the garland instead was moved.

Anyone having a problem with the garland? When I wasn't happy where I place an ornament went to fix it, rather the mouse moving the ornament the garland instead was moved.

You have to be careful which if the two items is on top. When that happened to me I moved the ornament first - then the garland and then put the ornament back.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Rules seem alright to me. smile.gif

I just hope people actually rate the trees on terms of how they look rather than the person who has them... you know, avoiding turning this into a popularity contest...

>_< And there I go being a worry-wart again.

Rules seem alright to me. smile.gif

I just hope people actually rate the trees on terms of how they look rather than the person who has them... you know, avoiding turning this into a popularity contest...

>_< And there I go being a worry-wart again.

The trees are randomized anonymously, so no one knows who's tree they're voting for and no one knows who voted for their tree. ;3

I have kinda made up my mind to decorate my tree how looks good to me and have fun doing so. Winning would be nice, of course but I am sure gonna try not to get any hopes up on that one. laugh.gif

Mhm. Because of that garland, I had to remove every ornament I had already placed on the tree and replace them after I had the garland put in place. Assuming another section will be given to us (for the bottom half of the tree... I don't think we'll only be given bits for the top), I'm hoping that it'll come in three or so different segments so we can at least click the ornaments beneath them.

I finally decided to wait until I see all of the ornaments before I start decorating again.

The garland doesn't let you move the ornaments on or around it once you place them. That is creating some issues for me.

When are we going to get more lights?

I get an error everytime I go to my tree, it says "Sorry, a database error has occurred", is it just me or is this happening to everyone?

I'm having this error sometimes, too, but then I just load the page again and it's okay.

Database errors seem to occur from time to time without having a bad effect.

A holly or an unknown dragon...mmm...would be a hard choice.

You think that's hard? Try this one - A special winners dragon or a Frill. For those of us who don't have one, that is. xd.png

And for those who think the tinsel and lights are too small - Bah, humbug! I got me a use for those! Can't share it, though, until after entering is over. wink.gif

I'm decorating my tree right now anyways. I fully intend to re-do it all before submitting, but why not have fun with it in a "screw the contest" way right now? tongue.gif

EDIT:

The garland doesn't let you move the ornaments on or around it once you place them. That is creating some issues for me.

And I jut used that to my advantage. I now have my garland protecting a delicate set-up so I don't accidentally move it. smile.gif

Edited by AlternateMew

I can't wait to get all the ornaments, finish my decorating and submit my tree! smile.gif I have loads of ideas, and I mostly sketch them as I get new decorations.

I wonder which one I'm going to use once all the ornaments are obtained.

I finally made my tree look better, instead of ornaments and stuff that doesn't belong on there all scattered around. I would take a screenshot, but people would just steal my ideas. Maybe. ;3;

I can't even get to my tree.

Same here. The database error is preventing me from getting to my tree. I've already missed a day of decorations because of it. Probably going to miss today's, too... *sigh*

Well, if I can still create an awesome tree eventually, the loss of a few ornaments isn't so bad. Although the user voting worries me.... Does this mean I'll have to *gasp* promote my tree?! ohmy.gif

Have you tried the direct link someone suggested ?

http://dragcave.net/tree (when you are logged in, of course...)

OOOH I just made an AMAZING discovery.... But I shan't share because I have decided to win.... biggrin.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

Same here. The database error is preventing me from getting to my tree. I've already missed a day of decorations because of it. Probably going to miss today's, too... *sigh*

Well, if I can still create an awesome tree eventually, the loss of a few ornaments isn't so bad. Although the user voting worries me.... Does this mean I'll have to *gasp* promote my tree?! ohmy.gif

You could try downloading a different browser, or maybe just refresh the page of the tree.

Works fine for me. smile.gif

You could try downloading a different browser, or maybe just refresh the page of the tree.

While this is the best way to go around it, it is a very frustrating error and I wish it had a fix so that it would simply stop happening. I know the first day of tree decorating I sat and refreshed the tree page for an hour before I was able to get there. I thought I wasn't going to get those decorations :c

I've tried it on both IE and Firefox. Cleared cookies, updated Flash Player, etc, but no dice. I refreshed for half an hour yesterday, but I really don't have the time to refresh for an hour every day.

Could the flashing lights be causing it (for me)? The page was slow to load but fine until I placed the flashing light string on the tree...

EDIT: Finally got in. In a very roundabout way; I don't recommend it. I'm removing the lights and other decorations to see if it makes a difference next time I load the page.

Edited by tasselcat

I'm sure they'll be fixed.

Most likely. I can't wait to see the adult alts, though.