TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

That is an assumption.

He could simply mean that the trees would be dropped for the rest of the holiday.

There just isn't enough in that comment from TJ to even know what he meant.

So saying the trees are going to be year-around is an assumption since there's nothing to confirm either aye or nay. I'd suggest you ask TJ outright. smile.gif Or just wait and see what happens after the start of the new year.

Don't take what I'm saying to be mean - all I'm doing is trying to remind that things should not be taken as truth if there is nothing to say for certain either way. I've been burned a lot by thinking somebody said something one way when that person really meant another way.

I've learned that if I'm not sure, or if the statement is blurry - to always ask for clarification. I find doing so maintains my sanity (what little there is of it, lol).

I would not be surprised if they stayed all year, they have lots of lovely outfits to change into throughout the year now smile.gif

Oh the other hand I'd like for them to drop every year only during the holidays, since it sticks more closely to tradition as they first came out with the festive sprite.

I would not be surprised if they stayed all year, they have lots of lovely outfits to change into throughout the year now smile.gif

Oh the other hand I'd like for them to drop every year only during the holidays, since it sticks more closely to tradition as they first came out with the festive sprite.

Exactly. Too many variables to know which way TJ would go.

I remember that TJ had mentioned that the artist for the tree had consented to the drops for this year.

There was also the comment that TJ made - he said there was no need to freeze or release the holiday dragons.

Timewise, with no red incubate BSA, if the dragons were caught close to midnight on the 25th, these dragons would not mature until tomorrow.

With those comments and the one that dragonico saw - my guess is that TJ might have been referring to the rest of 2010, not forever. smile.gif

It could be that the artist and TJ came to an agreement for yearly drops like Drakrono would prefer.

I have to admit that I, too, would prefer that they be only obtainable during the winter holidays or no longer available to get. I think they are too special to be year-around obtainable.

Tree Decorating Contest

Here's how it works:

• You have 12 days (Starting on Christmas, we're on day 3 right now) to obtain ornaments. You have to visit your tree every day to grab the ornaments, and you're free to start decorating as you see fit.

• You can decorate using as many (or few) decorations as you choose.

• After the 12 days are up (IE on the 6th), you will have two days to decorate your trees with your final set of ornaments. Midnight January 8, editing will be locked.

• During the editing period on the 6th and 7th, there will be an option to submit your tree to the contest.

• Starting on the 8th, everyone's trees will be viewable, and a scroll link for rating trees will appear near the "Review Descriptions"

• From the 8th until midnight on the 15th (exactly 7 days), users will be able to rate trees (on a scale of 1-10) anonymously. Users may rate as many trees as they wish, but each user will only be able to vote on any given tree once.

• After user voting is over, the top 200 will become finalists and from those, I will pick 5 first place winners, 10 second place winners, 15 third place winners, and 20 honorable mentions.

• Winners will be announced on the 20th.

• After winners are announced, all trees will be publicly viewable and editing will be re-opened.

The Prizes:

• The first, second, and third place winners will each receive a variant of a never-before-seen dragon. Let's call these variants gold, silver, and bronze. First place gets the gold variant, second place gets the silver variant, third place gets the bronze variant.

• Gold prize dragons can breed more gold prize dragons, silver can breed more silver, bronze can breed more bronze. There will be no limits on how many of these dragons you can have.

• Honorable Mention winners are allowed to request an egg of their choice.

• Honorable Mention winners can ask for: Any egg currently available in the cave (or via breeding), frills, Guardians of Nature, Holiday Dragons (Including Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, but not Valentines, Sweetlings, or Black Marrows), and vampires.

• Honorable Mention winners can not ask for: Prize dragons, bright pinks, "XD" or "<3" eggs, non-Christmas Event Dragons (Except vampires), dragons for which you are already at the limit, Neglected eggs, or Zombies (they don't have eggs to begin with).
  • First, second, and third place winners may choose to request an egg instead of a prize dragon (same choices as honorable mentions). If this happens, a random winner from the rank below will be chosen to receive the prize in their place.

• Custom dragon codes are available upon request.

• All eggs given to winners/honorable mentions will "CB" and will be safeguarded against sickness.
Any questions?

Topic:

]

QUOTE (Stunningfire @ Dec 29 2010, 06:46 PM)

Sorry if this has been answered before, but are you allowed to ask for leetle trees? 

* Honorable Mention winners can ask for: Any egg currently available in the cave (or via breeding), frills, Guardians of Nature, Holiday Dragons (Including Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, but not Valentines, Sweetlings, or Black Marrows), and vampires.

* Honorable Mention winners can not ask for: Prize dragons, bright pinks, "XD" or "<3" eggs, non-Christmas Event Dragons (Except vampires), dragons for which you are already at the limit, Neglected eggs, or Zombies (they don't have eggs to begin with).

That's... odd. Could Leetle Trees be considered Holiday dragons? Or among the non-available ones, because technically they never outgrow the egg stage and thus could be considered like the "XD" and "<3" eggs?

I would assume that leetle trees are a Christmas Holiday that IS currently availble IN cave and could thus be asked for provided you are not already at the limit of one (1).

cool.gif

Edited by DragonLady86

* Honorable Mention winners can ask for: Any egg currently available in the cave (or via breeding), frills, Guardians of Nature, Holiday Dragons (Including Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, but not Valentines, Sweetlings, or Black Marrows), and vampires.

* Honorable Mention winners can not ask for: Prize dragons, bright pinks, "XD" or "<3" eggs, non-Christmas Event Dragons (Except vampires), dragons for which you are already at the limit, Neglected eggs, or Zombies (they don't have eggs to begin with).

He does not mention Leetle Trees in the "Holiday Dragons" section. I believe the Leetle Tree is not included and is not requestable for one simple reason: They aren't dragons.

I could be wrong, but...

I had a nice pattern going on with my baubles, and wanted to put the tinsel behind them. But it's so difficult to place all the little ones without accidentally selecting the tinsel and messing everything up D:

A little question: Can the winner gift the prized egg to someone? (Do the dare:))

I am not decorating until I see the last ornaments. Otherwise I might have to move everything. I'm not sure if I'll use the tinsel yet. I love that we got icicles today. But then my tree has tons of them so I'm biased :3

Wait, so once the contests ends and the winners get the gold/silver/bronze prize dragons they can breed? Can they abandon them to trade? If yes, when they get the prizes everyone in trading threads would for demand them. xd.png

Edited by NinjaBlood

Wow, I can see what the artists meant when they said that there would be more than enough ornaments even if you missed a few days. I think I could practically cover the tree just with what's already been released!

I like the ornaments this far. (: I still don't know what I should do with my tree though... So I'll wait until I have everything before I try something. (:

I love the today's set of ornaments - and now I have an idea of a theme also! But I intend to wait until I have all the ornaments too and then decorate my tree... we are at day 5, correct?

ETA: BTW, I have been wondering - what on Earth are these? Lamps of Aladdin? user posted image

Edited by annejeanne

I am not decorating until I see the last ornaments. Otherwise I might have to move everything. I'm not sure if I'll use the tinsel yet. I love that we got icicles today. But then my tree has tons of them so I'm biased :3

Same here. Its a hassle moving around ornaments when new ones come, so right now I have mine neatly organized in groups.

Normal balls: The ornaments you got on the first day

Fancy balls: The really pretty looking or heavily detailed ornaments

Other: Things like the lights, tinsel, deer, horn, angel...

Edited by TheDarkLatias

I kind of like the tree the way I have it set up now, but dang i think I may have to redo it all by the end...I like some of the new additions, especially this time around!

Will the announcements about how to enter be noted in the firs post ?The grandchildren are advancing and my time here will be limited.... I want to keep tabs but have to do it the EASY way.... No time to read whole threads !

ETA: BTW, I have been wondering - what on Earth are these? Lamps of Aladdin? user posted image

I think they're just big ornaments that cause people to ask what they are. ;3

@Vaprrenon: Posting fail.

Times 10.

How do you even get the forum to double post that far apart? That's like 20 minutes. XD

Sorry about that...my internet went REALLY funky--I swear I only hit the button ONCE. Now that it's working again I'm gonna try and go back through and delete the extras.

I've been on every day and I don't see any tinsel at all. Are people talking about the garland?

I'm not even sure how they'd do tinsel for this, it's too small. Unless it would work like a blanket of silver sparkles covering the whole tree. Not sure I'd use it, anyway . . . too many bad memories of it ruining vacuum cleaners and showing up all over the house at odd times of year. This tree is so much easier to manage than my real one. biggrin.gif

Edited by Goslander

Those big decorations just look like cookie jars to me. :B

I was wondering whether a large ribbon would appear, but personally I think that its colours clash terribly against the colour of the tree.

user posted image

I think they're just big ornaments that cause people to ask what they are. ;3

They look like something that great-granny's ashes are stored in to me - I don't think I'll be using them. dry.gif