TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

It seems like I get that the first time I go to check my tree each day, but refreshing or going back and clicking the link again clears it up. Considering how many people say they haven't had problems, maybe it's an IE issue?

It's not an IE issue, I use it most of the time and not had any tree problems at all.

Just wondering...how do we know that people will be honest and not rate every tree badly so that their tree gets higher ratings compared to them?

Just wondering...how do we know that people will be honest and not rate every tree badly so that their tree gets higher ratings compared to them?

We don't, but considering the huge numbers of trees and voters and the fact that it's "top 200" instead of "all trees rated higher than x", it really shouldn't matter. At worst, it'll make all the ratings look closer together.

I'm sure some snodgrasses will, just as I'm sure there'll be others that think all trees are equally awesome, and give every tree they see high marks. It tends to work itself out, considering how many people we have participating.

It's the oddity, but surety, of large number statistics

It seems like I get that the first time I go to check my tree each day, but refreshing or going back and clicking the link again clears it up. Considering how many people say they haven't had problems, maybe it's an IE issue?

No, it isn't. I use Firefox and still get that notice.

Yeah, that's the only time it happens for me, too. I use Firefox, though.

wow... i rllllly hope to win, this time i'm putting my all into this!!! xd.png

so... if we win...we can't wish for a neglected? huh.gif

The problem's not with IE because that's what I use and I've never had that problem.

I somehow missed the garland and the lights, so I'm out. smile.gif

The garland is absolutely tiny, though.

The garland is absolutely tiny, though.

Yeah, considering how tiny it is, I'd be surprised if we don't get more bits of it on some of the other days.

When do you think new decorations are added each day?

Also, I agree with the garland/Christmas lights, they're so tiny, I highly doubt I'll use them because of the size.

When do you think new decorations are added each day?

Midnight EST. That's when I got yesterday's. That's also when TJ drops new eggs.

I have one more hour to go before I'm unlocked - I'm crossing my fingers that the Leetle Trees are still being dropped.

It's still 2010 for two more days! smile.gif

I somehow missed the garland and the lights, so I'm out. smile.gif

Why? You can still use everything else to decorate and you'll still have a nice tree =)

Today's ornament set is wonderful (and more packages under the tree too). The border is also looking even prettier.

From what I hear, leetle trees are going to be a year-round thing, kinda like cheese/paper/chickens/dinos.

Heard from who and where and when?

Without a definite quote, that's just a rumor. And I don't listen to rumors. smile.gif Gotta substantiate what you say with a credible source.

I hope it's not going to be a year-round thing because they are special, especially for the ones who caught one in 2008.

If I miss out on it this year, so be it - there is always next time, if there is. If there's no next time, then, awesome going for the ones who have one. smile.gif

Edited to add: Oh yes, rubyshoes, I loved today's new ones - had to go and redecorate, lol.

Edited by simkim

Today's ornament set is wonderful (and more packages under the tree too). The border is also looking even prettier.

I love the red and gold tinsel. And the candle. The gifts and branches on the border are also cool.

Heard from who and where and when?

Without a definite quote, that's just a rumor. And I don't listen to rumors. smile.gif Gotta substantiate what you say with a credible source.

I hope it's not going to be a year-round thing because they are special, especially for the ones who caught one in 2008.

If I miss out on it this year, so be it - there is always next time, if there is. If there's no next time, then, awesome going for the ones who have one. smile.gif

Edited to add: Oh yes, rubyshoes, I loved today's new ones - had to go and redecorate, lol.

TJ said on chat that they'd be sticking around for a while (owte) and some ops have said they're pretty sure what he means is they they are staying forever.